• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Guy vs. Missy (2 Viewers)

Ellie-Bee

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
you have to be joking having a rant about musicians being superficial and guy sebastian being a pop star

and personally i dont think he's that talented making pop songs- even if i did like that crap wisen up because if ur willing to goto a jbt concert why would you not like missy higgins as opposed to guy?

in the long run i think missy higgins has more potential to stick around and make a career of it all in australia. after all her music is what it is....while pop music is about global domination by any means usually by exploiting ppl thru the medium of television on a show thats backed by ppl who want money quick

while guy sebastion will be like all the other "celebrities" channel 10 produces every year and will fade away or ppl will not care as much. lets face it the music industry is tough and missy has made it while guy had it easy- thats why there is resentment

to say someone is better because being a pop star allows you more freedom in appealing to a wasteful demographic isnt a reason why missy higgins won't make it- lots of artist that should make it, dont sadly because we get told what to listen to by tv and radio

thats my rant against guy, thank god the other idols wont make it. not even the other "idols" from other countries have made it and are still popular to this day- thats why they had 3 or 4 of them over 2 or 3yrs in the usa...one quick fix after another kindof like a junkie to some meth. fucking pathetic gutter material

i think i might love you. hehe.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
PookieMonster said:
you bloody virgins always root for each other. how fuckin ironic
lol... don't let the "angelic" fool u ;)

fantasia said:
i mean he's working with big name artists such as brian mcknight and theres a track on his album where he duets with Mya. i mean big name stars dont want to work with guy for no reason... he's got talent. Missy higgins will only be popular in australia.. and thats where it ends for her.
exactly.... hello, BRIAN MCKNIGHT. if anyone knows anything about the entire RnB industry, that's a huge bloody deal. brian mcknight just wouldn't work with ANYBODY, he'd have to have alot of faith in Guy, and belive he's a talented muso to work with. Same with Mya. She's not the best, but she's a HUGE talent to work with. Guy has gotten somewhere. If the people of Aus can't even recognise home-grown talent, then rightly so he should go off to America and get the recognition he fuckn deserves.

And true about Missy too. She'll only ever be big in Aus, and only Aus. It's not like i don't like her or her music, she's just not as talented when it comes to Guy.

thejosiekiller said:
lets face it the music industry is tough and missy has made it while guy had it easy- thats why there is resentment
i don't think thats a fair statement.. since when has Guy had it easy ? As Olivia Newton-John said on idol b4, it's extremely difficult to put yourself on a stage in front of millions of people and be judged, week after week. You get criticised about how you look, how you perform, how you sing, etc, while basically being yourself. You'd never feel good enough, always having to please the judges, the audience + the viewers. And if you wantd to do something different like change the arrangement of a song, you get murdered for being original. Just cos Guy was on a reality tv show, doesn't mean he's had it any easier than any other artist for ffs.. >.<

/end rant

Fry

Brian is a legend and Mya..well, let's just say 'my love is like..woah' is the shittest song ive ever heard.

it would be a whole different story if Missy was the one on Idol now wouldn't it? Guy has to put up with a lot of flak just because he got his big break on TV, and im sure that the next Idol winner will too.

Last edited:

Fry

Annegelic said:
i don't get it. 99.9% of people last yr were rooting for Guy to win idol... and now a yr later 99.9% of people are dissing him. he hasn't changed to me, if anything he's gotten better. what's the deal ? =/
true. i thought he was the best in the competition but once he won, i was satisfied and didnt really care anymore. mind you, i have never dissed him. he's a talented, honest & decent guy and i respect that.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Fry said:
true. i thought he was the best in the competition ...
Yeah, I agree. He was the best out of a crap group.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Lol, Missy doesn't intend to be famous or anything outside Aus. She just wants to perform. (Cuz I know her and all... hahahahahah)

I think "They Weren't There" and "The Special Two" are the most beautiful songs she's made.....

...if anyone's got her album

Generator

HSC
N/A
Annegelic said:
i don't think thats a fair statement.. since when has Guy had it easy ? As Olivia Newton-John said on idol b4, it's extremely difficult to put yourself on a stage in front of millions of people and be judged, week after week. You get criticised about how you look, how you perform, how you sing, etc, while basically being yourself. You'd never feel good enough, always having to please the judges, the audience + the viewers. And if you wantd to do something different like change the arrangement of a song, you get murdered for being original. Just cos Guy was on a reality tv show, doesn't mean he's had it any easier than any other artist for ffs.. >.<

/end rant

That's much easier than starting from scratch, don't you think? Anyway, you just described a karaoke competition... That hardly helps your argument.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Lol, Missy doesn't intend to be famous or anything outside Aus. She just wants to perform. (Cuz I know her and all... hahahahahah)

I think "They Weren't There" and "The Special Two" are the most beautiful songs she's made.....

...if anyone's got her album
i do..and i think it's awesome

i have nothing major against guy..people just have different tastes..

i so love missy over guy though..and i've gotta say i don't really care what hair style she's got lol..i just like her music..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I wish I could go out with missy. She's hot.

Semi-on-topic though, anyone see rove's take on her film clip? Funny as.

HSC
missys just bitter...stuck up child if you ask me

who the fuck cares as long as your making money you don't have to criticise something another person is doing, even if you dont agree with it, its not a bad evil thing thats gonna destroy the universe, bitch should grow up and grow her fkn hair

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i dont think she is a bitch at all- i think guy is pathetic

being a musician is about making money, therefore you do or do not have the right to criticise others? what a load of crap

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
missys just bitter...stuck up child if you ask me

who the fuck cares as long as your making money you don't have to criticise something another person is doing, even if you dont agree with it, its not a bad evil thing thats gonna destroy the universe, bitch should grow up and grow her fkn hair
Lol. This girl loves guy.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
yes...how old are you? doesn't one get past the stage of 'only girls like that artist, song etc...' at age 15
Read my post and tell me where I've assumed you only like ONE artist/song. Stop picking fights on internet forums babe, it's childish.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
it doesnt matter where either of them come from, missy wins hands down. she easily has more talent, and she sings with an aussie accent, i rate that... im not sure, guy just doesnt have it....maybe if he wrote his own songs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)