Gym Junkies! (1 Viewer)

JiNxXx

HSC
who here is a gym junkie and proud of it?? i am for one :D love the gym, love being fit and eating good.

post here if you are :p if your not, well your just unfit of course :mad1:

Bank$

HSC
kuzz, i aint a gym junkie (cause i gotta a home gym) but ima workout junkie and proud of it !!!

Legham

HSC
I guess you could call me a gym junkie.. I go every day.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
i wouldnt go so far as to call myself a gym junkie, but i do go fairly often. i suppose that would make me perhaps a gymrat or something lol

Collin

HSC
N/A
I was a gym junkie at one stage (and massively out of proportion in terms of muscle mass, I should add). Cut down muchly in the last year.. infact I've only been to the gym twice this month - what a great waste of $83/month membership.

Also, one does not need to be a 'gym junkie' to be fit. There's tons of people in the world who never touch gyms but would be miles fitter than you, kid.

faboloussoya

HSC
hola!
im a gym junkie and proudddd of it! :)
i do the machine.. not relly the weights thou..
i go everyday bout 1 hour.. manage to make time for it.. thou i really should be devoting that time to some study.. so sometimes take along my notes..
hmmm health 1st !!
also helps when there are attractive muscular guys around :p

yiasou

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
gyms are the most revolting invention ever. i laugh in the face of people who spend a large amount of their time driving around in massive fuel-guzzling cars and then waste masses of money so they can fake-jog and fake-cycle in a stuffy, sweaty, disgusting gym. such laziness and such a waste of resources. i bet i am more fit than many people who are gym addicts simply because i walk almost everywhere.

Collin

HSC
N/A
chelsea girl said:
gyms are the most revolting invention ever. i laugh in the face of people who spend a large amount of their time driving around in massive fuel-guzzling cars and then waste masses of money so they can fake-jog and fake-cycle in a stuffy, sweaty, disgusting gym. such laziness and such a waste of resources. i bet i am more fit than many people who are gym addicts simply because i walk almost everywhere.
Why? How do you define 'fit'?

If for example, enhancing cardiovascular ability was a goal, what relevance does the argument that gyms are disgusting and that the tool for achieving those goals revolve around 'fake-jogging' and fake-cycling' have? The point is they are still enhancing their cardiovascular fitness.

I would also be careful generalising the term 'laziness' to gym-addicts - I have trouble seeing the connection.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
chelsea girl said:

I don't think so- you can get a great workout at the gym. I like beach runs but time restraints when uni is on mean I cant get to the nearest beach and do that. Just becasue you are exercising on a mchine doesent mean you cant get a great workout. Anyway, doing classes and being around friends at the gym motivate me to go. Therefore, I am getting a better workout by having a gym membership because i am doing something, rather than sitting at home :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i don't like the gym. been a few times, not really my thing. too...organised. i dunno. usually when i want a workout i whip out the ipod and go jogging around my neighborhood...it's more interesting than the gym (for me anyway) because i have a choice of environment (streets, bush tracks, the park) plus there's just something quite therapeutic about walking/jogging through the bush in particular that i never got from running on a treadmill in the gym.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
havent been to the gym in a while
so i figure im almost back to normal? lol

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Had 2 months off cos of uni assignments/exams... now I'm at fitness first trying to push out 3/4 days a week of intense workouts to get back in form... luvin it

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
I go to the gym almost everyday, I do the classes such as body attack etc.

I get really annoyed though at my gym there is like the 'normal' area where like all the chicks and old people work out on the bikes and stuff, then theres the weights area where all the hot muscly guys are. They are too far apart!!!!!!!! You never actually meet any guys at the gym anyway :( Unless they are they are the seedy guys in the speedo in the steam rooms/sauna...

NinjaSauce

HSC
jooobl said:
I go to the gym almost everyday, I do the classes such as body attack etc.

I get really annoyed though at my gym there is like the 'normal' area where like all the chicks and old people work out on the bikes and stuff, then theres the weights area where all the hot muscly guys are. They are too far apart!!!!!!!! You never actually meet any guys at the gym anyway :( Unless they are they are the seedy guys in the speedo in the steam rooms/sauna...
Why dont you move to the weights area then?

Its the most productive part of the gym. Alot better than "Body Attack" .

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
seconded.

also, going to have to go train a bunch after school is all done with... ive dropped 4kg in like 2months. and i never had much weight to shed in the first place. im actually like 60kg now :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)