Haha Havaiana... (1 Viewer)

Pierotte

HSC
Yeah well ashamed to say I have a pair of these trend whoring little things.

Gotta say my $3.20 woolies ones kick their arse in every department

Looks, comfort and longevity

Why does everyone love havaianas so much? Im seriously underwhelmed, i never wear mine.

They dont suck... theyre just not mind blowingly fantastic-orgasmic either.

technoHarmony

nnnnnnnn
HSC
Pierotte said:
Yeah well ashamed to say I have a pair of these trend whoring little things.

Gotta say my $3.20 woolies ones kick their arse in every department

Looks, comfort and longevity

Why does everyone love havaianas so much? Im seriously underwhelmed, i never wear mine.

They dont suck... theyre just not mind blowingly fantastic-orgasmic either.
gotta agree with you.
i prefer dupes over the havs, just more comfy and i think cheaper as well.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Havs come in great colours, and I actually find them very comfy, nice and cushy

Lainee

HSC
I walk funny in havs, like 'slap-a-plop slap-a-plop' movements... feels like I stomp in them. :p

HSC
N/A
Just bought my first pair today... whoo!

My only concern with these is that the "straps" seem to be really loose, or too big for the rest of the thong. I have tiny feet (size five) and when I put my foot into the shoe the straps are barely touching my foot. *shifty eyes* The length is fine, though. It's just there's going to be quite a lot of "slap" when I walk.

BUT - as everyone has said so many times before about Havianas, they are so so so comfy in the slightly squishy but durable kind of way. And my new pair are that fushia purple colour! :D

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC

no i never got the fuss around havs either - i brought my first pair last year cause my friends litterally dragged me into a store and made me buy a pair because they are always raving about them

they are comfy - and i do like the colours- i've got great ones with hot pink hearts

but i dont think they are the most amazing footwear ever

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
ive had my pure ones for like 2/3 years now but i got a new pair of hav's 3 weeks ago :) both r fine but havs suit my foot btr

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i prefer billabong thongs with the thin straps
havs straps are too long

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
People love havaianas because it's been marketed to the boho suckers just at the perfect time.

http://www.havaianas.com/

Look at their website... you can see direct corrolation between their marketting and what people say about them. See the thing about shoes, is that they're all essentially the same thing... you do get differences in quality, and perhaps havianas do have some sort of edge on some of their competitors in this way... and apparently they're cheap (it's a fucking thong, how cheap do you want?)... but i'd just look at nike if I wanted to see if marketing could be enough to get people to attach bullshit qualities to shoes. Do people REALLY think buying nike would make them run faster? That's what nike sold, that's what people bought, people were fine with their purchase...

They attribute the comfort to their 'ultra secret rubber formula', which is essentially... more bs... they may really have some sort of advantage in the comfort department, but their cult following etc is nothing but the product of marketing.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
brogan77 said:
Exactly, any website with that much Flash crap REEKS of all style no substance.
I dunno about no substance, but the substance isn't what's driving it, it's just what prevents people from totally seeing through their crap.

kahlilouise

HSC
Hav's are comfortable, durable (my first pair lasted 3 years) and they come in basically every colour. That's why i wear them. You definately get your $18.00 worth.

kimmi06

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
BTW, since when is $25 for a pair of thongs cheap? since when?
yeh i agree....they look pretty rad and they're comfy but the only reason i have a pair is cause i got some for chrissy, i personally wouldnt spend that much on thongs!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hav's for me are comfy compared to other ones i have.

But they can be pricey, say the metallic ones $25. that's crazy.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
for a peice of rubber? fuck that iam going down to clark rubber and bringing myself some string and a saw, we will see who gets the best bang for their buck!

People rave about them because thet are idiots, people beleive what you tell them to, if i started selling plastic cups and told every1 it is made of a secret plastic formula that makes them unbreakable then every1 would rave about them.
Fools, 25$ is a waste of money for thongs. THEY OR THONGS FOR CHRISTS SAKE! for 25$ i can get a decent pair of joggers from K-mart

The shoes i wore to my yr10 formal, every day of work since then and my yr12 formal costed me about 20$, now thats longevity, not some stupid thongs

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
my mum stole my brown havs, i havent seen them in months (except on her feet).
I have about 6 pairs of havs in different colours (well 5 now) but only cos people have bought them for me for xmas and so forth. as much a s i like them, i think they are overpriced (poor uni student)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I only started wearing havs because someone bought me some for xmas one year. I remember wearing them for the first time and thinking 'holy shit...these are actually comfy.'

I have a few other thongs of different brands but none of them are as comfortable. Nor do they last as long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)