Haha Havaiana... (2 Viewers)

s2indie

HSC
yeh havs are so comfy and mine's lasted for a few years and i wear em everywhere, practically everyday.
worth the 15 bucks i paid.

Mongke

HSC
5 years ago a nice young boy arived in Australia and bought a pair of thongs from Big W for $2. he still has them. they live outside, in the rain, and all these years have served their purpose as thongs excelently. and for some unkown reason he has never had the urge to use his, or anyone elses thongs as a fashion accessory. strange how the appeal of a flat peice of bubber with more rubber bits from a big corporation never quite made him think "im being cheated here, i need better thongs." because we all know how invaluable a good pair of thongs can be, especially when youre walking to the beach.

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
i love my havs =) they're soo much more comfy than those wollies or k-mart thongs. i bought a $5 contton on pair. they were comfy too but didnt last very long. the K-mart ones kill my feet so its definitely a no go.
yeah i think those hav's like metallic and patterned etc are totally overpriced. i have 5 pairs of the usual "top" ones.

Mr Lovepony

HSC
I wear them because I enjoy being a mindless trend whore. Also, my girlfriend and I have added another common trait between us since I've bought my army print ones and she has her metallic pink pair.

Seriously, I don't know why I love them so much. Someone should drag me to Target/ K mart/Big W and force on some comfy, resonably priced thongs on my feet. Till that day, I'm wearing my Hawaiians or whatever.

frootloop

HSC
I've just started uni and I wore my cheapo thongs most days and they started to really hurt my feet. The footbed was really stiff and I got horrible blisters on my feet from the straps. I got so sick of it that I finally gave in and paid the $18 for my first pair of Havs... I told myself "It's an investment- they'll last for at least 3 years... and they'd better be the most comfortable thongs in the world..."

The footbed is really soft and squishy as people have already mentioned. They're pretty comfy in that aspect...

BUT I don't know if it's just me or if I'm still 'breaking in' the shoes but the straps are so thick and stiff. They dug into my foot and peeled off a layer of the skin. :confused:

Additionally, you know where the straps connect to the bottom of the thong? The side of my feet developed these horrible grooves in them after walking in the thongs for a while. They hurt like hell! Did anyone else get these when they first got their Havs or do I have really wide feet or something?

Also, did anyone notice that because the bottom part is so flexible that the front part gets caught along the ground sort of thing? I've nearly tripped numerous times because of this. Maybe I'm just not used to wearing thongs that are so... flexible? hehehe... I have to work on lifting my feet more when I walk. :rolleyes:

Anyway these are the problems I've had with my Havs... I really hope they do become more comfortable with more wear. I like the look of them and the footbed is really nice...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I hate how Havs are so over-priced (they used to be 16 or 17 and are now 19 or 20 for the plain colours) but I have to say they are long lasting. I couldn't bring myself to fork out 20 bucks for a pair and resorted to Cotton On thongs knowing that they wear out in a few months :(

Ah well, winter's coming up anyway :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ear muffs are OTT but cute :p

I'm not a "boots" wearing girl but I stick to ballet flats and converse sneakers for winter.

Whoops, digressing from thread topic, sorry!

ishq

brown?
HSC
i like havs! especially my orange ones :D

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
frootloop said:
I've just started uni and I wore my cheapo thongs most days and they started to really hurt my feet. The footbed was really stiff and I got horrible blisters on my feet from the straps. I got so sick of it that I finally gave in and paid the $18 for my first pair of Havs... I told myself "It's an investment- they'll last for at least 3 years... and they'd better be the most comfortable thongs in the world..."

The footbed is really soft and squishy as people have already mentioned. They're pretty comfy in that aspect...

BUT I don't know if it's just me or if I'm still 'breaking in' the shoes but the straps are so thick and stiff. They dug into my foot and peeled off a layer of the skin. :confused:

Additionally, you know where the straps connect to the bottom of the thong? The side of my feet developed these horrible grooves in them after walking in the thongs for a while. They hurt like hell! Did anyone else get these when they first got their Havs or do I have really wide feet or something?

Also, did anyone notice that because the bottom part is so flexible that the front part gets caught along the ground sort of thing? I've nearly tripped numerous times because of this. Maybe I'm just not used to wearing thongs that are so... flexible? hehehe... I have to work on lifting my feet more when I walk. :rolleyes:

Anyway these are the problems I've had with my Havs... I really hope they do become more comfortable with more wear. I like the look of them and the footbed is really nice...
what everyone forgets is all havianas are= rubber thongs. its probably not good for your feet to be wearing them all the time. they arent miracle shoes

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah, i do get little friction issues on my feet when I first wore havs but they only went on for a few days. They kinda mould to your feet after awhile (not much to mould but you know...) and then it's comfort all the way

transcendent

HSC
N/A
havs are the only thongs i hav. i started wearing them before they gained fashion status so they're really old and since they're so reliable i'll get them from now on if i wear out my current pair.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Ranger Stacie said:
what everyone forgets is all havianas are= rubber thongs. its probably not good for your feet to be wearing them all the time. they arent miracle shoes
It would be a hell of a lot better than wearing heels or something though.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
well our family walks around bare foot at home. i don't see how wearing thongs all the time is bad. what's the difference if you wear shoes all the time? socks? i think that's worse cause it makes your feet all sensitive.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
transcendent said:
well our family walks around bare foot at home. i don't see how wearing thongs all the time is bad. what's the difference if you wear shoes all the time? socks? i think that's worse cause it makes your feet all sensitive.

heels and thongs are bad for different reasons. thongs are not good for your feet- they are totally flat and offer no support. also, if you walk in them for ages your toes automatically claw to keep them on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)