• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

hai guyz do u think we should tattoo DFEE on fee payin students foreheads? (1 Viewer)

Conspirocy

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
jb_nc you hypocritical cunt. how dare you criticize DFEE without also critiquing every other aspect of the university admissions system that may be unfair. for shame.
lol

Conspirocy

HSC
jb_nc said:
Yeah what the hell did that post have to do with DFEE and instead try to straw man me with random things.

MATURE AGE STUDENTS
MT EVEREST
BIGFOOT
BILL CLINTON
ROMAN AQUEDUCTS

Don't forget the personal attacks of apparently having a "chip on my shoulder" and being "full of it". Also included is a delightful personal anecdote (my favourite, I simply love stories) and then some random assumption that abolishing "DFEE wouldn't change anything"; well, yes, it would, it would get rid of DFEE entry.
There was a point. Saying you can’t see it doesn’t change anything.

The point was you sit here ripping of DFEE students just falling short of blaming them for everything that is wrong in Australia. I mean there is a 100% correlation between fee paying students and the subsequent rise in homeless people, or people who don’t get an education and who then decide to stab me for a 20. In fact DFEE students are also the cause of inflation, rising oil prices, the fall in the stock market and the subprime credit crunch as well.

My point is that DFEE students are not roughting the system. Those are the rules, they followed them. That’s tough if you don't like it. There a heaps of people who rought the system via other means and they don't get looked at. The only reason you are focusing on DFEE students is because of your perception that they are wealthy and your apparent view that it is unfair for wealthy people to spend their money.

Getting rid of DFEE won’t change anything because the same people will get into the same courses via a different way. It's not going to stop them from getting in so you might as well have a system where their entry is regulated, rather than a 'black market'. At least under a DFEE system the university gets the money.

Seriously, just start calling every comrade and you will get over it.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Conspirocy said:
There was a point. Saying you can’t see it doesn’t change anything.
Thanks, tell me more Confucius.

The point was you sit here ripping of DFEE students just falling short of blaming them for everything that is wrong in Australia. I mean there is a 100% correlation between fee paying students and the subsequent rise in homeless people, or people who don’t get an education and who then decide to stab me for a 20. In fact DFEE students are also the cause of inflation, rising oil prices, the fall in the stock market and the subprime credit crunch as well.
Straw man.

My point is that DFEE students are not roughting the system. Those are the rules, they followed them. That’s tough if you don't like it.
THE RULES: THE ULTIMATE JUDGE OF WHAT IS RIGHTEOUS: Coined by man, handed down by the LORD.

There a heaps of people who rought the system via other means and they don't get looked at. The only reason you are focusing on DFEE students is because of your perception that they are wealthy and your apparent view that it is unfair for wealthy people to spend their money.
Please find a quote where I said DFEE people were "rorting" the system. You are trying to extrapolate what you other things you perceive as "rorting" onto me and then try to pin the fact I haven't said anything about it (which I may or may not think anything about) . Also, apparently, I have mad tall poppy syndrome by supporting equality of public tertiary education.

Getting rid of DFEE won’t change anything because the same people will get into the same courses via a different way.
Cool, here is a presumption. May or may not be true. Just some assumptions, but they're my assumptions.

It's not going to stop them from getting in so you might as well have a system where their entry is regulated, rather than a 'black market'. At least under a DFEE system the university gets the money.
Yes, a black market for university places on the Magical Mystery Tour. What the hell? You either get into univeristy or you don't; you don't go to Tom Jones' Black Market Law School.

Seriously, just start calling every comrade and you will get over it.
Welp, calling me a communist. THE ULTIMATE BURN. (Also ad hom)

You typed that up in Microsoft Word too? Were you pleased with it? Because I'm pretty sure everyone reading it is thinking "fail".

Conspirocy

HSC
zimmerman8k :Honestly, as I said I don't like DFEE places, but show me something better. I'm yet to be convinced.

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
something better: all students are admitted based on UAI and/or GPA. Those that pay upfront recieve a monetary discount but still require the same marks.
Ever better: the free market takes care of university entrance with 20 places in each course donated to the people who cannot afford it. They are taking to a pit and forced to fight in a melee and the last 20 who are alive get a full bonded scholarship. It's like Darwin's theory of evolution and the free market combined.

Conspirocy

HSC
jb_nc said:
Straw man.
I have to admit I have no idea what straw man means?

Economic Policy Analysis 101

1. Formulate policy
Your policy at its most basic level would be to remove DFEE places.

2. Make assumptions
This is where you tell us how you would implement your policy and what your expected effects are. ---> This is where we disagree. You can't prove you are right. I can't prove I'm right. So when Labor does get rid of DFEE places I guess we will see.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Conspirocy said:
If you actually believed in equality and fairness then you would also bag out programs like foundation years, alternative entry schemes, and any other system that is not just the UAI for students leaving highschool. Why should we give up to 10 marks to people who have a breakdown in their HSC? How is that fair to all the other students who have a normal life?

And mature age students. Why should they be allowed to compete for spots of high school students?. They had their chance. What about international students. Why do we even need them? They pay for their spots.

Even transfer students. Why shouldn't they have worked harder in their HSC and gotten into their course first go. Why should they take the spots of people who are sitting their HSC.

You are full of it.
um what the hell. firstly, how would it be fair to expect someone who did have something awful happen to them to do as well in the hsc as someone with "a normal life"? why should they miss out on getting into university because their parents died or something similarly traumatic? it's not their fault, is it?
as for mature age students, get over yourself. high school leavers are not any more entitled to a university place than anyone else. ANYBODY can apply to go to university. they're not stealing places from hsc students, they're gaining entry to them fair and square. for all you know they didn't get a chance first time around. maybe they decided to take a few years off to work. that's none of your business.

finally, not every transfer student is doing it because they didnt get into their desired course. there is such a thing as changing your mind, you know. and again, hsc students are not more entitled to a university spot than anyone else. if you don't get in, then you didn't meet the standard required, that's it. it's nothing to do with evil transfer students 'taking' spots.

Conspirocy

HSC
jb_nc said:
Ever better: the free market takes care of university entrance with 20 places in each course donated to the people who cannot afford it. They are taking to a pit and forced to fight in a melee and the last 20 who are alive get a full bonded scholarship. It's like Darwin's theory of evolution and the free market combined.
That works. Then there would be no one to stab me after cause the people who don't get into uni would all be dead.

something better: all students are admitted based on UAI and/or GPA. Those that pay upfront recieve a monetary discount but still require the same marks.
Fine so then I think personally that all the people who did DFEE will go to courses bellow what they would have paid to do. The next year I think there will be more people applying to transfer and the entry scores will go back up. But now the government pays for their places. I don't get why you don't want to take their money.

With that system my only criticism would ever be about how the UAI/GPA is calculated.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Conspirocy said:
I have to admit I have no idea what straw man means?
It means that you make some big argument trying to misrepresent my position as "ripping on DFEE students" and blaming them for all the world's economic ills; whether as a joke or it it's a rhetorical device and it's illogical when actually arguing.

Conspirocy

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
um what the hell. firstly, how would it be fair to expect someone who did have something awful happen to them to do as well in the hsc as someone with "a normal life"? why should they miss out on getting into university because their parents died or something similarly traumatic? it's not their fault, is it?
as for mature age students, get over yourself. high school leavers are not any more entitled to a university place than anyone else. ANYBODY can apply to go to university. they're not stealing places from hsc students, they're gaining entry to them fair and square. for all you know they didn't get a chance first time around. maybe they decided to take a few years off to work. that's none of your business.

finally, not every transfer student is doing it because they didnt get into their desired course. there is such a thing as changing your mind, you know. and again, hsc students are not more entitled to a university spot than anyone else. if you don't get in, then you didn't meet the standard required, that's it. it's nothing to do with evil transfer students 'taking' spots.
Those provisions are there for people who did have something happen to them. How many people apply for them and get them and totally fake it?

As for mature age students I don't need to get over myself. I don't think it's fair and square. They are in most circumstances more mature. I personally beleive that most decent students know that after a year at uni, with what they have learnt they would go significantly better if they could sit their HSC again. A lot of students sitting their HSC are not ready for it and as a result of their own development are in a position where they will underperform.

As for transfer students. I was an 'evil transfer student'. You come accross as thinking I missed out on what I wanted to do. I didn't. I agree people do want to change what they are doing. But in reality that results in someone missing out on the spot they left, and someone not getting the spot they take. I count two people missing out because 'you couldn't make up your mind'. Try telling that to those two people.

Conspirocy

HSC
jb_nc said:
It means that you make some big argument trying to misrepresent my position as "ripping on DFEE students" and blaming them for all the world's economic ills; whether as a joke or it it's a rhetorical device and it's illogical when actually arguing.
Cheers for that.

pop609

HSC
jb_nc said:
Im new to BOS,

Sitting my HSC this year.

I must say that this debate has got me working that much harder, Im scared to death of even considering DFEE.

Btw, the intellectual use of language is beyond me. Although i am now familiar with the term "straw man" haha cheers.

~ari

is well hung
HSC
pop609 said:
Im new to BOS,

Sitting my HSC this year.

I must say that this debate has got me working that much harder, Im scared to death of even considering DFEE.

Btw, the intellectual use of language is beyond me. Although i am now familiar with the term "straw man" haha cheers.
lol don't trust jb_nc's use of straw man

~ari

is well hung
HSC
markzada said:
The following post contains intellectual language.

FUCK DFEE YOU RICH FUCKERS. EDUCATION SHOULD BE MADE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF HOW RICH THEY ARE AND PURELY BASED ON INTELLIGENCE. MOTHER FUCKERS.
That is why UWS and UOW don't have DFEE places. The rich can go ahead and take those nice DFEE law places at Usyd/UNSW and the poor have access to their education based on merit at the...er...lesser institutions. (lol)

~ari

is well hung
HSC
markzada said:
LMAO. SO fair for the struggler at UWS isn't it ?
The University of Western Sydney is a fine educational institute.

How to transform UWS in 2 steps:

1. Drop Western from the name
2. Make a decent logo - possibly a coat of arms or something not shit.

Result...

+1 Respect
+1 Agility
+1 Speed

UWS has grown to Level 34.
Oh, what's that? UWS is evolving...

...UWS has evolved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)