Hair Straighteners (1 Viewer)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
GHD is like the God of hair straighteners, if you want to fork out $300

but basically, just get whatever you can afford...try and get one with ceramic plates and variable temperature control though.
If you're going to spend $300 on a straightener, get your hair ionicly straightened. It will save you sooo much time, and trust me, is soooo worth the money. It's best if you let your hair grow to my length though, where it has slowed down on growing speed and doesn't really grow much anymore, so the regrowth isn't noticeable.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
but thats the thing, ionic straightening doesn't last forever...yeah, I know using a straightener is only temporary (a lot more so than ionic), but at least for your $300 you have something that you will have [theoretically] forever, not however long til the regrowth comes through.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
yulia said:
If you're going to spend $300 on a straightener, get your hair ionicly straightened. It will save you sooo much time, and trust me, is soooo worth the money. It's best if you let your hair grow to my length though, where it has slowed down on growing speed and doesn't really grow much anymore, so the regrowth isn't noticeable.
Does it worked for dyed hair?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
was told by this awesome hairdresser
to get some straightener thats really small and light weight
cost $330
expensive..but she says its the best $330 shes ever spent in her life and she takes it everywhere..plus she straightened my hair with it..worked wonders..

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
soha said:
was told by this awesome hairdresser
to get some straightener thats really small and light weight
cost $330
expensive..but she says its the best $330 shes ever spent in her life and she takes it everywhere..plus she straightened my hair with it..worked wonders..
what was it called?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
my hair is naturally dead straight, i hate it, i would kill to have curls/waviness

the grass is always greener...
most people i know with curly/wavy hair need to style it anyway, whereas people with straight hair can wash and go

rumour

HSC
I used my friend's straightener the other night, I don't know what brand it was. But it did not work!!!!

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
gloria_b said:
Does it worked for dyed hair?
It can. Some hairdressers won't do it because they're scared they might wreck it. If it's peroxided it can take extra time to straighten and need more care throughout the process. If you want to find out if your hair will be ok, go to Pierre Haddad hair management in Centrepoint and ask for a quote, don't necessarily go there because they are insanely expensive, but they will tell you if your hair is ok for the straightening process. Even tell them you've been looking at other places and they'll tell you if they're going to wreck your hair or not (Pierre Haddad uses different/more expensive products than the Asian places).

But go to a place you know is good. Some places don't last very long, I did get my hair done at Pierre Haddad and it's been pretty good.

And I find that Remington straighteners are good. I've always used Remington and I've always appeared to have straight hair.

And even though getting your hair done won't last forever, i'm lucky that my regrowth doesn't start to curl until it gets pretty long, but my hair is so thick, straightening it at this length manually takes about 2-3 hours. I don't have that time in the morning if I'm rushing around and need to wash my hair. Compared to the amount of money I'd have to spend on styling products and the amount of time I'd have to put aside just for my hair, this was so worth it.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I got a Sunbeam Professional Hair Straightener and I really like it. It heats up in like, 5 secs and hasn't killed my hair yet. But then I again I put protection cream and stuff...

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
Oh Sunbeam was the first hair straightener i brought, wreaked my hair bad, but i guess it's ok for you since you're using protection. Since i changed to new ceramic straightener, my hair doesn't look as dry/dead as before.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
I need some good serum or balm to work with the straightener! Any ideas?
yeah i like bed head's 'control freak' range, i haven't tried to shampoo/conditioner you're meant to start with but i've used the straightening serum and foam and they're really good

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i've got the remington wet 2 straight (around $120..got it for chrissie). its pretty good, heats up quick (10-20 sec), but you've gotta have your hair pretty dry for it to work really well (i found it works best if you straighten the morning after you wash it). gets my kinks out pretty well (i've got some little waves around my face, which're pretty hard to get out)

my hair dresser's got a really good one...pretty sure its a muster. got to have it pretty much completely dry first (20-ish min blowdrying for me), but it looks great

Last edited:

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
if you are going to spend money on a straightener you may as well fork out the $300 for a ghd. (unless your hair is virtually straight anyway). It still takes me about 45min-1hr to do my hair with a ghd but before this, nothing apart from a hairdresser could get it straight. It leaves your hair smooth and shinny which is a bonus and i just use it with this iron oil spray which i got for $6 (worth 40) when i got my straightener.Why spend $60 a visit getting it straightened when you will have this one for years.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I've got a remington slimline ceramic and it's pretty good. If you're looking at price rather than super good quality, then this one's alright- it's less than $50 and does a good job.

Skeeta

HSC
whats your hair like tho step@nie? is it just wavy or actually frizzy/curly?

Lil_Carlie

HSC
_Bushra_ said:
I need some good serum or balm to work with the straightener! Any ideas?

Loriel professional..i think thats the brand...its 'Liss control serum'...get that, it works wonders and its only about 25$ and it lasts for ages despite the small bottle... :p

Lil_Carlie

HSC
also for brand for straighteners i wuld say either ghd or silver bullet....theyre both pretty pricey but thweyre good for your hair unlike some....
just make sure u get a ceramic one wateva you do... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)