Hair Straighteners (1 Viewer)

baby706

ive had a ghd for over a yr and i can honestly say its the best thing i have ever bought.

dont waste money on anything else! we use them at my work too (im an apprentice hairdresser) and everyone is so impressed by them. u can curl aswell as straighten and create flicks, twists etc so easily. the reason they r so expensive and better than anything else on the market is because of their infrared ionic technology. it means that they seal the hairs moisture in and distribute it instead of burning and drying it out. ull notice ur hair is shinier and silkier too aswell as so much straighter than anything else will get it (ghds heat up to 210 degrees celcius and stay at it unlike most other straighteners).

Pierotte

HSC
Well I think some people r just not supposed to have straight hair...
and i'm one of them.
Ive been to the hairdressers 3 times to have my hair blow dried stright... it always taks over 2 hrs... like wtf!! and these people are proffessionals. They akways seem to comment like oh my how much hair you have! blah blah...
Even after that it takes a shit load of prouct to keep it straight.
Anyway i quite like curly hair but for job interviews and stuff staight hair just looks neater, so i wanna hair straightener that will work... in under an hour!!! any suggestions? preferably from people who have hair similar to mine!

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
professionally straightened is good. :)

lol I know I got so many comments about how thick my hair is! it's like bloody hell just shut up and get it over and done with.

it takes a couple of hrs (one of my friends has really frizzy hair for an asian anyway, and hers took 8 hrs :eek:) and it's annoying having to sit there for ages doing nothing, but the results are worth it....you never have to brush it of a morning if you don't feel like it :p

though it does fuck your hair up in the long term.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
spin spin sugar said:
my hair is naturally dead straight, i hate it, i would kill to have curls/waviness
same my hair is naturally straight too

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
my hair is naturally very straight as well, but i still have a small vidal sassoon rechargable, wireless iron straightener.

my advice is do NOT buy it, get a normal sized ceramic one. i also have a braun curling tong which can be used as a straightener, it's alright, but the cells are way too expensive.

gotta love those japanese straightening creams, they make your hair soooo smooth and stay dead straight for ages.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
my hair is naturally very straight as well, but i still have a small vidal sassoon rechargable, wireless iron straightener.

my advice is do NOT buy it, get a normal sized ceramic one. i also have a braun curling tong which can be used as a straightener, it's alright, but the cells are way too expensive.

gotta love those japanese straightening creams, they make your hair soooo smooth and stay dead straight for ages.
rofl at your sig.

sally_33

HSC
steph@nie said:
I've got a remington slimline ceramic and it's pretty good. If you're looking at price rather than super good quality, then this one's alright- it's less than $50 and does a good job.
i just bought this after reading about it on the vogue forums, its was only $40 at David Jones and it worked really well, i'm only planning on doing it about once a week and i dont exactly have a spare $300 sitting around. if anyone else wants a cheapie its a pretty good one...

btw should I use heat protection stuff or whatever it is, and then after use a leave in conditioner?? what products do you all use i'd be happy to buy an expensive one since the straightener was so cheap

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Skeeta said:
whats your hair like tho step@nie? is it just wavy or actually frizzy/curly?
Um, my hair is pretty thick, when dry it's curly (not loose curls but normal ones) and gets frizzy when I haven't been taking care of it.

baby706

use ghd iron oil (around $35) protects ur hair and gives it shine and conditions it. u only need to mist it lightly onto hair so the bottle will last u forever. use a treatment once a week to keep ur hair healthy like ghd indulgence mask or redken heavy cream. other good products for straight hair are ghd halo (leaves hair shiny and smoothes it), ghd angel tears (gives hair shine), ghd miracle worker( leave in conditioner used on wet hair) and redken straight balm (helps keep hair straight).

asscookie

dork.
HSC
sally_33 said:
i just bought this after reading about it on the vogue forums, its was only $40 at David Jones and it worked really well, i'm only planning on doing it about once a week and i dont exactly have a spare $300 sitting around. if anyone else wants a cheapie its a pretty good one...

btw should I use heat protection stuff or whatever it is, and then after use a leave in conditioner?? what products do you all use i'd be happy to buy an expensive one since the straightener was so cheap

Ahh yes, gotta love the Vogue forums for excellent hair/skin/makeup advice :)

I used to put a treatment in my hair every week, and I found it did make a difference. I stopped using it for a few months and now I've noticed that my hair has definitely paid for it (colouring, straightening and blow-drying is hell on hair). I haven't been able to find the stuff I used to use, Tigi Chocolate Head, so I bought some Redken Extreme Rescue Force treatment - although I haven't used it yet.

*Scarlet

HSC
N/A
Where can I find those "japanese straightening creams"?

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
My hair is pretty much straight except the ends go all weird and boofy. Would i be better off getting a straightener or are there some products i can use? :)

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
*Scarlet said:
Where can I find those "japanese straightening creams"?
well i got mine from taiwan, it's top quality and only around AUD$12 :p you can also have a look in japanese salons in sydney

gloria_b: how about getting a ceramic straightener? or some straightening cream? (the kind you leave in your hair for 20 mins then wash out)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
gloria_b: how about getting a ceramic straightener? or some straightening cream? (the kind you leave in your hair for 20 mins then wash out)
Got any recomendations for the creams?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
my hair is very curly, but i think blowdrying your hair straight is much more effective. Its faster, cheaper, looks better...i bought myself a super powerful hairdryer from some hairdresser warehouse but you can get ones like that in myer even. Grab a good brush and with practice your hair will go perfectly straight. i love blowdrying my hair because it makes the hair look like it has more life rather than when it is ironed

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i LOVE my remington wet2straight

its so good cos you can straighten your hair from wet without waiting!

shortie_689

HSC
my friend has one of them....
i reckon it would be pretty good
although i LOVE my GHD i have to wait for my hair to dry...

I live by my hair straightener it is the most useful utensil i own

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)