Half-Yearlies (1 Viewer)

Annalisee

HSC
We had an assesment for each subject which was worth 20% instead of half yearlies. This was either in the form of a test or a hand in assignment.
Maths - 89%
Biology 98%
Ancient History - 86%

I haven't got any of the other marks back yes.

cccclaire

HSC
Annalisee said:
We had an assesment for each subject which was worth 20% instead of half yearlies. This was either in the form of a test or a hand in assignment.
Maths - 89%
Biology 98%
Ancient History - 86%

I haven't got any of the other marks back yes.
they're good results!
well done!

sleepplease

HSC
I am so lucky.. no half yearlies :) I dont think I couldve coped studying for them AND the mountain of assessments!

Can anyone explain to me how english is tested in our final year exams? I know our school does it like the hsc but I dont understand exactly how... Is everything tested? ( I do ext1)

kayvon

--
HSC
my half yearlies are week 2
and i only have 2 days in week 1:mad1:
oh well
monday: eng advanced
tuesday: english ext, maths, jap speaking
wednesday: free
thursday: jap writing and legal
friday: free :)
its alll right

summermagic

HSC
My half-yearlies are on the first two and a half weeks back at school. My english one is on the first day of school. -__-

I think maths will be the most challenging for me.

Pankcake Guddu

HSC
not yet..not til week 6 nad 7 next term. need to start stusying soon cos our school exams are killers....
oh well ...

Maths adv and Ext
Eng adv and Ext
Physics
Chem
visual Arts

AND I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM

Pankcake Guddu

HSC
hey thats awesome thats what im aiming for too except i want to do engineering and desing in architecure then set up my own firm eventually

Pankcake Guddu

HSC
hey black hawker man.. u cant do denistry in nsw as an undergraduate....? so do u mean oral health instead?

Cheap Thrills

HSC
Hey how much do your schools expect you to write for each question? I heard something like 8 pages and I thought what the fuck am I meant to write about for 8 pages?!:eek:

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Cheap Thrills said:
Hey how much do your schools expect you to write for each question? I heard something like 8 pages and I thought what the fuck am I meant to write about for 8 pages?!:eek:
You mean for like english and the long responses ? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't expect you to write 8 pages and also keep in mind that its the content which matters, not the amount you write.

James747

HSC
Only had H/Y for physics. Found it relatively easy, which is both good and bad.
Good - high marks -> Increase self esteem, etc...
Bad - everyone else finds it easy so its hard to widen the gap and get a good rank. :(

tis Beck

HSC
Half Yearlys are all over for me... Good Luck guys, just remeber it's not the be all and end all, if you stuff it up you can work out your weaknesses and make up for it in the trials. :)

karennjack

HSC
I have half-yearlies 2/3 week of term 2.

My timetable is pretty good..
Week 2 - Mon: Drama, Tues: English, Wed: Society & Culture
Week 3: Mon: Modern, Fri: Ancient.

I only have five exams thanks to my TVET course :D

Oh yeah, one of the english teachers at my school scared the crap out of her class cause she told them that they needed to aim for about 6 pages in the HY. So, yeah advanced kids weren't too happy -- but if you know your stuff then it should flow pretty easily. But I agree, it's the content that matters, not the length and if someone loses marks for writing a detailed yet short response...well...I would be soo pissed off.

Are anybody's schools setting the english paper like the HSC? Mine is -- (obviously shorter than the HSC) 2 hours, 3 extended response questions, around 40mins on each question. I think it's good they are preparing us now, but it's still pretty scary to think you can no longer fall back on those silly comprehension questions!

raven2000

HSC
i already had my half-yearlys in weeks 9-10.lol.
pretty early - maybe because my school has approx 500 students each in yr11/12 so they want to make the half-yearly for both at the same time.
English was lame, we had 8pages to write and no time - everyone wrote like 4-5 pages. everything else was okay :)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz gl to you all

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
week 3 next term.

As always, little to no study in preperation... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)