Half-Yearly Thoughts (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

Active Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2007
Messages
2,323
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
How do you think you went? How did you go? Anything that caught you by surprise? Finish all the exams? Feel confident coming out of the exam room? Realise you messed up a really easy question? etc etc

Share your thoughts...
 
Last edited:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
2,053
Location
Study Desk
Gender
Female
HSC
2009
Well, I got all of my exams back. I did overall relatively well in both Math courses. I did alright in English, could've been better, but oh wells. I could've improved on Japanese because that was an epic fail for me because I didn't get what I was expecting. As with Physics, pretty surprised at the results and very pleased with Economics.

Long story short: I'm :)
 

Aplus

Active Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
2,407
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
Mine were a major disappointment. The only exam which can even be considered a success in the broadest definitions of the term was Biology. I need to perform well in my 2 Unit English Assessment next week, because the performance so far is pretty disgraceful. :mad:
 

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
2,053
Location
Study Desk
Gender
Female
HSC
2009
Aplus said:
Mine were a major disappointment. The only exam which can even be considered a success in the broadest definitions of the term was Biology. I need to perform well in my 2 Unit English Assessment next week, because the performance so far is pretty disgraceful. :mad:
Were you not happy with the marks or just the ranking?
 

adidasboy

weee
Joined
Feb 6, 2007
Messages
336
Location
syd
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Aced Economics, Modern History and Legal Studies.
Adv English marks are ~ok, nothing to be pleased about.
Mathematics 3u marks were very poor.
Very worried about my incompetency in Mathematics :(
 

jazzbaby

Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
398
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2005
i had my business one today
reckon i totally aced that :D
i have IPT and extension to go

shall tell you how i went after i get them back :)
 

lyounamu

Reborn
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
10,039
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
So far I am coming first in all my subjects except Chemistry and Business Studies where I both narrowly missed out the top rank. Therefore, I am quite happy.

However, I won't let my guard down as I might experiece some backlash from undercover nerds who seem to search for the right moment to strike.

I wish I could do a bit better in Chemistry & Business Studies. One more mark in each subject would have earnt me the top ranks in both.

Good luck everyone & I hope to see you at the top spots. :eek:
 
L

lsam

Guest
Mathematics: 100%
Mathematics Extension 1:98%
Japanese Beginners: 60% :mad:
English (Standard): 91%
Biology: 94%
Business Studies: 96%
Engineering Studies: 92%

Quite taken aback by the results. I wish I could have done better in Japanese Beginners but meh, I am going to drop this. I just did this for fun.
 

Aplus

Active Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
2,407
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
lsam said:
Mathematics: 100%
Mathematics Extension 1:98%
Japanese Beginners: 60% :mad:
English (Standard): 91%
Biology: 94%
Business Studies: 96%
Engineering Studies: 92%

Quite taken aback by the results. I wish I could have done better in Japanese Beginners but meh, I am going to drop this. I just did this for fun.
Give me your Mathematics Extension 1 mark :mad:
 

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
2,053
Location
Study Desk
Gender
Female
HSC
2009
lyounamu said:
So far I am coming first in all my subjects except Chemistry and Business Studies where I both narrowly missed out the top rank. Therefore, I am quite happy.

However, I won't let my guard down as I might experiece some backlash from undercover nerds who seem to search for the right moment to strike.

I wish I could do a bit better in Chemistry & Business Studies. One more mark in each subject would have earnt me the top ranks in both.

Good luck everyone & I hope to see you at the top spots. :eek:
wow that's really good lyounamu! Congratulations!
 

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
2,053
Location
Study Desk
Gender
Female
HSC
2009
Well here are the percentages + rankings for my ones:
Maths 2U: 100% 1st
Maths 3U: 90% [scaled] 1st
English: 81% [scaled] =3rd
Japanese: Prolly around the 80% mark? 5th [maybe]?
Economics: 89% 2nd
Physics: 90% =3rd

I'm so disappointed at missing out on Economics 1st place by 1.5 marks :(

EDIT: I just realised that I came Top 5 for all half yearlys :D
 
L

lsam

Guest
Doctor Jolly said:
Well here are the percentages + rankings for my ones:
Maths 2U: 100% 1st
Maths 3U: 90% [scaled] 1st
English: 81% [scaled] =3rd
Japanese: Prolly around the 80% mark? 5th [maybe]?
Economics: 89% 2nd
Physics: 90% =3rd

I'm so disappointed at missing out on Economics 1st place by 1.5 marks :(

EDIT: I just realised that I came Top 5 for all half yearlys :D
What does it mean by 'scaled'?
 

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
2,053
Location
Study Desk
Gender
Female
HSC
2009
lsam said:
What does it mean by 'scaled'?
that a lot of people did bad in the exams, so the teachers scaled everyone up by some percent. In other words, that's not my raw mark. For English my raw mark was 61% then it got scaled to 81%. As for Extension Maths, my raw mark was 80% and I got scaled to 90%
 
L

lsam

Guest
Doctor Jolly said:
that a lot of people did bad in the exams, so the teachers scaled everyone up by some percent. In other words, that's not my raw mark. For English my raw mark was 61% then it got scaled to 81%. As for Extension Maths, my raw mark was 80% and I got scaled to 90%
That is the most ridiculous scaling system that I have ever heard. :rofl:
 

bored of sc

Active Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2007
Messages
2,323
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Doctor Jolly said:
that a lot of people did bad in the exams, so the teachers scaled everyone up by some percent. In other words, that's not my raw mark. For English my raw mark was 61% then it got scaled to 81%. As for Extension Maths, my raw mark was 80% and I got scaled to 90%
:eek: jealous, wish that happened for me in extension maths
 

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
2,053
Location
Study Desk
Gender
Female
HSC
2009
lsam said:
That is the most ridiculous scaling system that I have ever heard. :rofl:
LOL, well I think it's because everyone does so bad in it. My average for maths extension was 38% [unscaled], so the teacher scaled everyone immediatley.:eek:
 

adidasboy

weee
Joined
Feb 6, 2007
Messages
336
Location
syd
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Doctor Jolly said:
LOL, well I think it's because everyone does so bad in it. My average for maths extension was 38% [unscaled], so the teacher scaled everyone immediatley.:eek:
they do it to make you guys feel better about your marks :p
stupid really lol
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top