Half-Yearly Thoughts (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
adidasboy said:
they do it to make you guys feel better about your marks :p
stupid really lol
Yeah quite ridiculous. If I were a teacher marking the papers and the majority failed, I'd let them fail :). The reason why I'd let them fail is so they strive harder next time and work harder for their marks, not just pathetically scale them up. My opinion :).

L

lsam

Razizi said:
Yeah quite ridiculous. If I were a teacher marking the papers and the majority failed, I'd let them fail :). The reason why I'd let them fail is so they strive harder next time and work harder for their marks, not just pathetically scaled them up. My opinion :).
That ain't apply to me. I ain't going to try hard if I am pathetic at it.

selablad

HSC
Our main exam block starts next week (2 weeks long)...but we've had a couple of random exams before now.

I got Chemistry part 1 and English back - kind of bad for Chem, As/A-s, and super for English, A+. I didn't get my teacher to conference it before, so she wrote on the comments sheet about how infuriated she was...:D

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
selablad said:
Our main exam block starts next week (2 weeks long)...but we've had a couple of random exams before now.

I got Chemistry part 1 and English back - kind of bad for Chem, As/A-s, and super for English, A+. I didn't get my teacher to conference it before, so she wrote on the comments sheet about how infuriated she was...:D
wow at all your A's. Congrats.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I wish we got scaled for chemistry the marks sound so bad. The guy who came first got 58 out of 133 or 43%. So you can imagine the rest of the class.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
kaz1 said:
I wish we got scaled for chemistry the marks sound so bad. The guy who came first got 58 out of 133 or 43%. So you can imagine the rest of the class.
wow that's terrible. You should get scaled :)
I guess the test was too hard then because everyone who took the subject failed.

selablad

HSC
But don't the marks get scaled up anyway for UAI whatever? So it wouldn't matter if everyone failed?

PS - thanks for the 'congrats' Doctor Jolly :D, I feel better about myself now due to all my friends doing better than me :(

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
selablad said:
PS - thanks for the 'congrats' Doctor Jolly :D, I feel better about myself now due to all my friends doing better than me :(
ahh, nothing is better than a little friendly competition.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
selablad said:
As long as you're winning :D
that's always nice :)

You should've took different subjects from your friends so you wouldn't have to had this friendly competition ;)

agua.fuego

HSC
bored of sc said:
How do you think you went? How did you go? Anything that caught you by surprise? Finish all the exams? Feel confident coming out of the exam room? Realise you messed up a really easy question? etc etc

Share your thoughts...
Anything that caught you by surprise? Religion. That seriously was not an exam.

Um... Ancient was the one I felt most confident about.

And Textiles I stuffed up a question where I was meant to draw a cube, I think. I drew an extremely realistic-looking cushion. It was 3D looking.

Tutored

Snooze Fest
HSC
Well, I haven't actually done my Half-Yearly's yet. They all occur next week. Right now my only thoughts on it are that I cant believe how much I'm expected to know for them. I think I might have been better off not being told what was on the test so then I could do a broad and general study of everything, rather than an in-depth study and being confused because for some reason my teachers have voluntered to...how to put it...call some parts of the topics we've studied by different names (rather than the syllabus/one taught)?

rosypink

HSC
OMG had all my half yearlys last week...and was it hard - hell yes!!!
had to cram and cram....everyday a stupid exam:vcross:
argh...everyone just gave up on studying by the time it was thursday!
but overall i think i did well :D

sannous1

HSC
woohoo i finishd mine, jst have pd left, but my marks were pretty good besides maths

Legal 64/70 2nd
Business 46/55 2nd
Chemistry 35/39 1st
Maths 24/40 :( 7th
And english we didnt have a half yearly we just did like 4 assessment tasks

jellybelly59

HSC
managed to bag top place with ext. eng, chem, legal and modern the others were alrite but not exceptional... i already got my reports cause we do our h/y relatively early. came 6th for 2u, 7th for 3u and finally 6th for 2u eng. My report is not a clear reflection of my ability so i have to work so much harder :(

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
managed to bag top place with ext. eng, chem, legal and modern the others were alrite but not exceptional... i already got my reports cause we do our h/y relatively early. came 6th for 2u, 7th for 3u and finally 6th for 2u eng. My report is not a clear reflection of my ability so i have to work so much harder :(
wow you still topped the other subjects :)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
Congrats jellybelly :D.

The Kaiser

HSC
I'm dreading my H/Y results. I pretty much feel like I stuffed all of them (except Biology Theory and possibly the Physics Practical). I think its natural to feel a bit down after an exam, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

But my main concern is maths, there was a section where the average mark was 4.5/19 for the accelerated paper (the top mark was 14.5/19 in the whole grade, 13.5/19 in my class) where as I got 11/19. Though I don't know my actual rank, I didn't come 1st or 2nd in my class (and probably won't come in the top 5) and considering the amount of competition in the other top class in my school (*especially a certain person on this forum, he knows who he is*) :) leaves me increasingly worried about my overall rank. I guess I'll find out tommorrow.

On a lighter note, congrats to everyone here who managed to score incredibly high on their H/Y's. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)