Half Yearly (1 Viewer)

smile4life

HSC
N/A
How'd you all find your half yearly for extension maths? If you've done it that is...

Ours was pretty good :) Quite confident I got 70%+ :)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I've got mine tomorrow.

I had 4u yesterday. OH MY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Last edited:

P.T.F.E

HSC
i have mine in a week. 4 unit tomorrow FRIK screwed for that. then i have to sit the 2 unit paper frik frik 3 unit is probs my best one.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
i did mine 3 wks ago
got rank 1 XDD

im sure all u guys do goood!!!....

(and good luck if u havnt already done it!!)

OabAli

HSC
Good for you, all!

Got 44%... :mad1:
Ranked 4/9

hannahcheeseman

HSC
yea we did ours last week, got it back not too bad got 75% which was 3/11..
what was everyones exams on?

katielyn92

HSC
Here's a question:
if you are only doing 11units, and extension is the eleventh, which is obviously not going to be counted into the UAI because it's the hardest and my worst subject, would it make a difference to my UAI to drop it?

Some people reckon that it won't, but then others are saying it could help with scaling, but aren't you scaled on each subject separately? So it would still not count at all?

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Here's a question:
if you are only doing 11units, and extension is the eleventh, which is obviously not going to be counted into the UAI because it's the hardest and my worst subject, would it make a difference to my UAI to drop it?

Some people reckon that it won't, but then others are saying it could help with scaling, but aren't you scaled on each subject separately? So it would still not count at all?

im not too great with the scaling system but if 3u maths is marginally your worst subject (as it is for me) then it might make a difference.
Take me for example. I'm like 20th in 3u maths which would probably equate to a low band 6. At the same time I'm 3rd in ancient which would equate to a mid range band 6. If assuming my other units counted, that low band 6 in 3u maths would probably get counted because a 95 in ancient scales to 87 or 88 whilst 3u maths probably will stay the same or go up/down by 1 or 2. If i had to drop 3u maths on the assumption its my worst subject, it wouldnt be doing me any favours.

It'd help if you posted the rank of your school and what your ranks are in your subs. Hope that helped at least a little

katielyn92

HSC
Thanks, that did help.
I think at the moment I'm ranked about 4th or 5th in my class of 10... I'm not sure about the school in general.
My biggest concern is that I have to spend so much time studying for 3U that my other subjects sort of get left behind, and if I was to drop 3U I could put so much more effort into my other subjects and ensure I do really well in those.
Thanks!

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks, that did help.
I think at the moment I'm ranked about 4th or 5th in my class of 10... I'm not sure about the school in general.
My biggest concern is that I have to spend so much time studying for 3U that my other subjects sort of get left behind, and if I was to drop 3U I could put so much more effort into my other subjects and ensure I do really well in those.
Thanks!
Well what you should do is this. Go to your head math teacher and ask them what last years and previous years HSC aligned marks were for 3u maths. What you are really looking for is 4th and 5th places since thats where your sitting. The question though is do you think you have achieved your potential in the subject and will most probably drop away or you could do it if you really tried? Lots of my mates were in a similar position with 4u. They were average but if they dropped the subject they could invest their time in their other subjects. What you must consider though is that are your other subs getting effected much? If you aren't doing so well in those subs then maybe you need to reconsider 3u. I suggest you talk to your careers advisor about this too. They tend to be quite helpful. In my case, our deputy is always available for a chat and they can sometimes work these issues out with you.

HSC
Here's a question:

i dropped it for that reason but i had 12 units. i was ranked 3/5. & i figured it wasnt going to count because i was getting like 80's & 90's in all my other subjects. in the first extension test i got 79% but it was dead easy!! like there was nothing hard about it! but going back through everything i just thought no way! this is such a waste of my time so i dropped it about 2 weeks ago!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i dropped it for that reason but i had 12 units. i was ranked 3/5. & i figured it wasnt going to count because i was getting like 80's & 90's in all my other subjects. in the first extension test i got 79% but it was dead easy!! like there was nothing hard about it! but going back through everything i just thought no way! this is such a waste of my time so i dropped it about 2 weeks ago!
That's alright then, you dropped it because of logic :)

My math 3U exam is on thursday =="

HSC
haha my teacher didnt seem to see the logic in that LOL.
good luck in your exam =)
i guess he didnt see it cos in his view he said to nedo ''we've basically finished the coarse'' we only had binomials and inverse functions. his probably just saying ''weve finished the coarse you might as well just sit the exam and not waste 1.5 years of work'' :S

but u had 12 units anyway so yeah no point for you doing it if i were u i wouldve dropped it at the end of yr 11

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I moderately murdered my 3 unit exam = expecting around 100% if not high 90s. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)