Half Yearlys - Can everyone post their questions? (1 Viewer)

greeng

HSC
I couldnt see any thread like this so i started one. Just put whatever questions you've done over the year here.

Pompeii and Herculaneum:

Using source 2 (a picture of a thermpolium) and your own knowledge, describe food venues in Pompeii (4 marks)

Using sources 3 and 4 (a sexual frescoe and the dog from house of the tragic poet), explain the use of decoration in the houses of Herculaneum and Pompeii (8marks)

Source 5 : Museum workers carrying the plaster cast of a woman from Pompeii. San Diego Natural History museum in Balboa Park preparing for the exhibition "A Day in Pompeii"
Using source 5 and other sources, discuss the ethical issues relating to the ancient sites of P and H. Include Specific examples and terminology in your answer (10 marks)

NKE to death of Thutmose IV

Assess the significance of the reign of Thutmose III in this period

Explain how Egypt gained and maintained its empire in the early NK

Please put some in, im only averaging 75%

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I'll post mine when our teacher gives us our exams back because I forget the questions... Should be next week.

simplyyme

HSC
Pompeii and Herculaneum:

1a. what is being described in source 1 ( dio cassius, bk 66.21-23) (1 mark)

b. give 2 examples from source 1 which shows this was a far reaching event. (2 marks)

2. using source 2 (picture of the status of Isis) and your own knowledge describe the influences of Greek and Egyptian culture on P & H (4 marks)

3. using source 3 ( picture of the layout of the house of the faun) and source 4 ( rental notice by julia felix) and your knowledge of other sources, describe what the evidence shows about housing in P & H. (8 marks)

4. using source 5 ( xray of the lady of oplontis) and your own knowledge, assess the impact of new research and technologies on our understanding of P & H . ( 10 marks)

Spartan Society:

a. identify 2 geographical features of Sparta ( 2 marks)

b. who were the military elite ? (2 marks)

c. Describe the main leisure activities in Spartan Society ( 5 marks)

d. Describe the roles and privileges of the Spartan Kings ( 6 marks )

e. With reference to source 1 ( Xenophon, constitution of the Spartans - chapter 2 ) and other evidence, explain the significance of the spartan educational system (10 marks)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)