Half-yearly's (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
When do yours begin? Mine: 19th March.

Feeling confident?

Do all the your exams count toward school assesment mark? Some of mine dont (english).

I love my timetable! Basically only have to study for 3/2maths and economics. Cause chem (2.5% schl ass.), religion (joke), 3/2 english (dont count).

:)

Ac

ellipsis

HSC
You can have half yearlies that don't count !!! Whoa. My school would never be that nice ! Weird. I never ever considered that you could .

Huh, well for me they're all worth something :( , but they are a bit later than yours - starting at the beginning of April.
Each of them in turn :

Chem- 15 %, prac, fairly confident (ish, but I have high standards for myself in chem, so I wanna do good), but its all past knowledge assumed, I had hoped they'd at least specify a module. Hmph.

Bio- 15% another prac, another all knowledge. But its bio, so I'm all good. I like bio. :D

Eco - 15% on sections 1&2 (so, half the book :( ). This teacher
usually sets hard, long tests, in the format of the HSC so its not gunna be fun. Dislike Balance of Payments chapter, but otherwise okay about it all.

Eng - We have 2 exams for this :rolleyes:
Speech - 15 %, on AOS, I'm freaked already, I suck at speeches. We don't get the question until a week or two before either.
Essay - 15%, on Lear, I would be okayish with it but my teacher keeps making dire predictions - "Nobody knows the play enough in first term. Last year everyone did badly in the assesment, so don't expect to do well. " :rolleyes: Teachers, I mean honestly, how can I go in with that attitude ?

Ext Eng - 20, but whole year is out of 50, so its like 2/5 gone :( . Also a speech, on everything. Double :(

bobo123

HSC
what the.......mine are like next term at the earliest.......i think :p

goodluck everyone

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
mine start beginning on next term... first 2 weeks - so there goes the holidays

... am i feeling confident? umm... at this point in time... not really.
i havent really began studying for it as yet... too many english essays due these next 2 weeks!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
English will be the hardest ones and you never know how you have gone when you come out of a test

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
half yearlies??

I don't think at my school we have actual half-yearlies.. ummm..

Beffy

Mine start march 17 and go until march 27!

Obviously our school is unimaginative with their choice of assesments cos they're all written tests that last between 1.5 and 2 hours...but I suppose it's better than the 3 hour gems we have to look forward to at the end :D

I'm green with envy for all you people who get prac tests for a half yearly!!!!!!

Good luck to all with their exams (or pracs :rolleyes: )

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
yeah Lord Ac, our half yearly for english didnt count either. was cheering about that. i didnt realise you could have half yearlies that didnt count til we had ours either.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
This thread made my stomach churn... thanks for that Lord Ac :p Made me realise I have some studying to do. All of mine count unfortunately, you're very very lucky.

Mine start in 4 weeks.. 1st of April I think?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Beffy
Mine start march 17 and go until march 27!

Obviously our school is unimaginative with their choice of assesments cos they're all written tests that last between 1.5 and 2 hours...but I suppose it's better than the 3 hour gems we have to look forward to at the end :D

I'm green with envy for all you people who get prac tests for a half yearly!!!!!!

Good luck to all with their exams (or pracs :rolleyes: )
IMO the length of an exam is subjective and depends on how you're going. The three hours in 4U maths are the quickest I've ever had, closely followed by the 2 hour English papers :p.

My half-yearlys last year were at the start of term 2.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I think having exams that don't count would very much shit me cos you're doing all this studying for something that doesn't count when you should be concentrating on assessments but thats just my opinion I know other ppl are different

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
I think having exams that don't count would very much shit me cos you're doing all this studying for something that doesn't count when you should be concentrating on assessments but thats just my opinion I know other ppl are different
I don't think you'd bother studying as much as you would if they count... well I wouldn't anyway.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
I think they can be constructive if they are used to practise exam techniques and getting used to the format of exam responses. Also, you don't want to find out that you have a problem in a subject by getting a poor mark in an assessment.

Originally posted by Lord Ac
When do yours begin? Mine: 19th March.

Feeling confident?

Do all the your exams count toward school assesment mark? Some of mine dont (english).

I love my timetable! Basically only have to study for 3/2maths and economics. Cause chem (2.5% schl ass.), religion (joke), 3/2 english (dont count).

:)

Ac
mine counted about 25% in each subject which was fair enough, cause easy marks are a very rare thing later on in the yr.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
All my exams a written. And they go for between 2-2.5 hours ... :(:(

I had an arguement with my English teacher today cause I refused to do some h/w cause I told her I was busy studying for subjects that actually COUNT!

I have parent teacher night tomorrow :(:(

Ac

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Lord Ac
All my exams a written. And they go for between 2-2.5 hours ... :(:(

I had an arguement with my English teacher today cause I refused to do some h/w cause I told her I was busy studying for subjects that actually COUNT!

I have parent teacher night tomorrow :(:(

Ac
Haha that was kind of funny actually... sorry. Best thing to do when teachers, especially english ones start to have a bitch at you is to just shut up and take it in.

All of mine are written too except I have to do an oral for english during the exam as well.

Rahul

Dead Member
my scheldule is soooo crap:

in my first week i have
WED- adv eng
FRI- 2u math

second week
TUE- software
WED- 3u english AND 3u maths
THU- physics
FRI- 2u religion AND 4u maths

talk about packing it.....sheesh!
thank god the english ones dont count *sigh*

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
my scheldule is soooo crap:

in my first week i have
WED- adv eng
FRI- 2u math

second week
TUE- software
WED- 3u english AND 3u maths
THU- physics
FRI- 2u religion AND 4u maths

talk about packing it.....sheesh!
thank god the english ones dont count *sigh*
OMG you are sooo lucky ... I wish my english didn't count!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)