Half-yearly's (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Almighty Jafar
for some annoying reason english counts in everything, even the uai-can't escape it
We are of course living in Australia, where the predominant or national language is English. You don't want people who can't communicate in English to state the state overall! :)

bobo123

HSC
but we dont exactly need shakespeare or orwell as a part of our everyday vocabulary either

i hate compulsory english :p

jokesjokes

HSC
hmm..my exams are on week 10-11

its currently week 7, right guys?
and theres 11 weeks in this term...?

and yeah, i know im lost :)

Originally posted by flyin'

We are of course living in Australia, where the predominant or national language is English. You don't want people who can't communicate in English to state the state overall! :)
i think you'll find that not many jobs involve citing texts for meaning and relationship to ' changing perspective'.Most courses have enough english in them

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
Our exams start on the 1st April... except for Ancient History, which is an oral, which is NEXT WEEK

English Adv - On 'My Place' - 1 hour - 10%

English Ext 1 - Genre essay - 1 hour - 5%

General Maths - 2 hours - 25%

Business Studies - Topics 1+2 - 3 HOURS - 10%

and for English Ext 2 we have nothing.

malayz_angel

Yeah mine were meant to start on the 24th March but then they were postponed a week. I don't have a half yearly for Modern History, its gonna be assessment based. I don't know about the rest of the timetable yet, but I have an economics assessment 2morrow, an English assessment on Monday and an Ancient History assessment on Thursday. Plus a trip to Milson's Point for Sparta lectures on Friday and a trip to Canberra on Tuesday and the beginning of our Peer Tutoring group(we help Year Sevens who have reading difficulties) and an English Extension assignment the week after! Oh yeah, and then half yearlys. I'll be lucky to make it out of this alive!

tt_j65

HSC
you guys are lucky. our half yearlies are all crammed into 1 week, with double subjects each day

arghhh :mad: :mad:

except physics doenst count :apig: phew..

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Check this out for dumb... 2 papers for the English HY right.
Area of Study bit there is 2 parts to it.. one's a written paper and the other's an oral. The Written is worth 15%, oral is 5%
And then for that Lear thing the second paper... that's worth TWO POINT FIVE PERCENT. 2.5% what is the bloody point of even doing it?!

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah, our school was going to have a whole lot of little crap marks and stuff, but they came to their senses

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
mine goes a little something like this:

MONDAY - English AOS (1.5 hr)
TUESDAY - English Adv (1.5 hr)
WEDNESDAY - Morning: Mathematics (3 hr!!!)
Afternoon: Biology (2 hr)
THURSDAY - FREE!!
FRIDAY - English Ext 1 (1 hr)

MONDAY - Chemistry (2 hr)

Then I'm home free!!

Mine start in week 10... and most of em are worth about 20, 25%

mazz

hey look! ????
Well well well aren't some of you so lucy. my exmas started TODAY! so exactly 12 hours ago i was sitting myIPT exam... how fun... actually it wasnt as bad as i expected it to be... ohh and i also had my business studies exam which was completely strange seeing as though soem people had finished like 1 hour into it while i had to use every minute that was given me... 2 hrs that is.... anyway 1 more week of exams but i only have 3 days that i actually have them... i have tomorrow off, Engolish advanced AOS on monday, tuesdy off wednesday off YAY get to study for SOR and Biology which is on Thursday.... so yeah 2 days with to exams... kinda sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
I think having exams that don't count would very much shit me cos you're doing all this studying for something that doesn't count when you should be concentrating on assessments but thats just my opinion I know other ppl are different
thats why when you find that one of your exams doesnt count, you skip the study for it and its basically one less exam you have to study for. i was happy with that.

malayz_angel

Yeah I'm pretty happy with my timetable. It's spread out over two weeks :)

Monday-- English Advanced (speech)
Tuesday--Maths
Wednesday--Ancient History
Thursday--History Extension
Friday--Free

Monday2--Free
Tuesday--Economics
Rest of the week FREE

I don't have any exam for Modern and nobody's said anything about English Ext1 yet. And of course Ext 2 is just the major work :)

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by tt_j65
you guys are lucky. our half yearlies are all crammed into 1 week, with double subjects each day

arghhh :mad: :mad:

except physics doenst count :apig: phew..
i hate that...after the first exam u r totally tired and probably forgotten the things u needed for the other exam!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Rahul

i hate that...after the first exam u r totally tired and probably forgotten the things u needed for the other exam!
well my friend was grilled in the HSC in that case...he had 4U maths (3hrs) in the morning, and 3U Jap in the arvo (2 hrs)

Twintip

My half yearlies are happening right now.

Last Monday: Free
Last Tuesday: 2u Maths (3hr - 4u students have to do it)
Yesterday: Chemistry (2hr)
Today: Free
Tomorrow: Physics

Sat/Sunday: Sleep

Monday: Free
Tuesday: 3u Maths (2hr)
Wednesday: Free
Thursday: 4u Maths (3hr)
Friday: English (2hr) and Philosophy essay due.

mazz

hey look! ????
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY i finished my exams today at 3:05 pm YAYAY im so happy its like a massive weight off my soulder not t mention my brain! To think of all the shit that i learnt in 2 weeks just for 1 weeks worth of exams god dam it our brains must be crammed and to think we only use like what is is 30 % of our brain! Come on the extra 70 woud be of good use to me!!!!!! Anyhoo they werent as bad as i thought although i probably failed bio and passed business but onyl just... guess ill just have to wait fr my results... bloody teachers some of them i spoken to have marked them already but they wont tell me... AHHH its frustraing OMG
english AOS HARD HARD HARD LONG LONG LONG my god if i came across that shit in the HSC paper id be screwed thank god it wasnt an assessment.... the essay was ok though even though i onyl had 25 minutes to do it as opposed to the given 40... kinda spent too much o the language

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Mine start next friday...ive only just started studying and im only just realising how much WORK ive got to cover...HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF PAGES!! :uhoh:

Yeh i think my exam timetable is pretty alright, goes:

fri: FREE
mon- eng advanced morning, religion afternoon
tues: FREE
weds: FREE
thurs- eng extension
fri: IPT morning, legal afternoon
mon: Business
tues: FREE

we have already recieved the questions we are gonna be asked for religion and eng advanced...thats pretty cool, im not sure why they do it tho... im not complainin, i just hope i get round to studying, planning/preparing the questions

ive been having a major lack of motivation lately tho, more so than usual and its a real problem, hence my late beginning of study routine..damn HSC

Rahul

Dead Member
done my 2u math exam....it was a breeze.

finished within an hour....than had to go over it for the next hour, finding mistakes and that crap!!!

next week i am going to get absolutely f***ed 6 hard exams in 4 days:( :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)