• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

hamlet questions (1 Viewer)

M@ster P

HSC
My Hamlet assessment questions was:

"Considering a text from different perspectives develops an appreciation of its textual integrity"
Do you agree?
Respond to this question through detailed refrence to your prescribed text.
When you say perspectives do you mean, feminism, psychoanalytical, I don't know about you but i will shit my pants if i got this question for the hsc, cause our school hardly did perspectives, I dnt think its much of a focus like previous years

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
wow these questions are really freaking me out.

what do they mean by an appreciation for the textual integrity?

in the possibilities question, what possibilities would you talk about?

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
"Each text has an expiration date."

How true is this of Shakespeare's Hamlet? Discuss with reference to both your perspectives and the perspectives of others.

----

what on earth does that mean.

Steyene

HSC
The question is asking, do you think Hamlet's wide acceptace and praise will die off. For example, most of the texts written these days expire after about 10 years. There is no real lasting connection to the future unlike Hamlet.

shaela123

sleeping > study
HSC

How true is this of Shakespeare's Hamlet? Discuss with reference to both your perspectives and the perspectives of others.

----

with this one I think you need to talk about Hamlet's enduring nature. That is, it was written centuries ago but there are still interpretations being written about it and the fact it is a HSC text says a lot.

The enduring nature hints that hamlet doesn't in fact ahve an expiration date, the issues dealt with in Hamlet can be seen as sort of like issues regarding the human condition. Hamlet is plagued by an inability to act, by revenge, by filial duty. Procastination. All of these things can be seen in modern day society and in any society of any time because it's human nature.

I think you should disagree with the statement and talk about the enduring nature of the play and universal themes that are applicable to mankind of any era.

aki92

HSC

----

As already mentioned by others, you should disagree and then discuss the reasons to why Hamlet is worthy of analysis and textual integrity. Examples could include that an expiry date classifies what is no longer relevant or worthy. However, Shakespeare's Hamlet explores notions of the human condition, chaos and tragedy. Such themes are universal and therefore are known to stay common to man throughout many contexts and interpretations.

Therefore, as the play contains universal themes - in my perspective it is everlasting and therefore, not all texts have an expiry date.

- throw in a quote here and there for the "perspectives of others' bit
but be careful that it doesn’t overpower your essay- use it as a jumping off point or to support something you said. I tend to use A.C. Bradley but it all depends on how you view the play.

I hope that helps, im sorry if it didnt.
good luck :)

Rosalily

HSC
we did the listening test, we got given one of Hamlet's soliloquies, the one where he was sledging himself for being such a horrible procrastinator.

"The appeal of a text lies not only in its ideas but also in the ways it is crafted. This appeal can shift and change in time”
By incorporating a discussion of the scene you have just listened to, discuss by what means Shakespeare has illuminated the destructive effects of ‘revenge’ in Hamlet.

and yes the question is quite specific, so probably not the best thing when practicing for an exam of which you have no idea what the question will be....
oh. I hope that the HSC qu. that's my thesis down to a T. Whereas none of these other questions seem to fit with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)