hardest degrees (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hey everyone,
i know that this is a bit controversial but i want to know what everyone thinks is the hardest degree/s offered at uni. i have heard that engineering, especially eleterical enginerring is very challenging.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Combined Medicine/Law @ Monash.

Last edited:

piitb

HSC
whats hard for one person isnt hard for another.

why do people say engineering is hard?

1. lots of people dont like maths and physics and chemistry, so they perceive maths is hard.

2. some people who take up engineering havent had anough of a solid background in mathematics to take up the course i.e at least 3u maths. so they end up struggling with 1st year maths, which leads on to struggles in latter year subjects.

you should know what your strenth and weaknesses are after the HSC.

Dombrovski

HSC
Everything is relative?
to the person and the situation surrounding the degree?

DaGizza

HSC
Not only is it relative but nobody would truly know what the hardest degrees are because nobody has done every degree! (let alone every degree in every uni in the world :rofl:) How is would a Med student know how hard Law is unless they've also studied law? If they haven't studied law, which is most likely unless you went to Monash, then their opinion isn't valid.

The only way to get a reasonable idea of what is hard for you is to ask somebody who has similar academic interests (as in you both liked and were good at similar subjects in school like maths, english, science, history, languages...) and if that person is doing a combined degree, they can then tell you which is the degre they're doing is harder for them. Eg. If they are doing arts/law and they find law harder then because you are interested in similar subjects and are just as smart then you would also probably find law hard too.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Does Sydney offer that combined course?

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Med students require a credit or above to pass courses hey? And they're given ungraded pass/fail results generally?

If so, that.

Law is nothing special.

flowergrl

HSC
med @unsw.

lol need u ask? a six year degree that has a 40% dropout rate. apparently.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
Does Sydney offer that combined course?
i remember bak at the open day last year at sydney Uni, they said it's a new course for 2009, and they expect you would have a minimum UAI of 99.95 to make it into that combined law/medicine program

crazy...

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
flowergrl said:
med @unsw.

lol need u ask? a six year degree that has a 40% dropout rate. apparently.
actuaries @ macq has 70% dropout rate.
Apparently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)