Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Lozzie*

HSC
YaY i wanted to be the one to say this

shes relesed the title of book 7

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows :) :) so excited

EDIT: The release date for the book has been announced. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be out on 21 July 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Rowling names last book in Potter saga

Friday Dec 22 06:03 AEDT
British author JK Rowling has announced that the seventh and final book in her wizard saga will be called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
But fans of the series that has already sold an estimated 300 million copies worldwide were kept guessing - the publication date has not been set.
The intriguing and ominous title had Potter aficionados puzzling over what might happen to the bespectacled hero.
"Will a favourite character die? Could Harry himself face a grisly demise? How will it all end?" asked Sam Harrison, children's buyer at the British bookchain Waterstone's.
"But surely the question all Potter fans will want answering as soon as possible is - when can they get their hands on a copy?" he said.
Rowling, whose creation has turned her into one of the world's richest and most successful authors, revealed on her website this week "I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more."
"I am alternately elated and overwrought. I both want, and don't want, to finish this book (don't worry, I will)".
She said in the diary entry on her official website (www.jkrowling.com) that Potter had now inveigled his way into her dreams.
"For years now, people have asked me whether I ever dream that I am 'in' Harry's world," Rowling wrote.
"The answer was 'no' until a few nights ago when I had an epic dream in which I was, simultaneously, Harry and the narrator."
But she gave no clues as to what will happen at the end of the upcoming book, amid speculation that some of the characters, possibly Harry himself, will die.
The Potter books have a huge influence on the financial results of their US and British publishers, Scholastic and Bloomsbury.
Though it published the paperback edition of the sixth book this year, Bloomsbury warned on December 11 that profits could widely miss analysts' forecasts because of sluggish pre-Christmas book sales and other factors.
This wiped out nearly one-third of its market capitalisation.
Kyle Good, spokeswoman for Rowling's US publisher Scholastic Corp, said they had not received a date for when they would receive the manuscript nor when the book would be published.
Rowling's last novel, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, was her most successful book in the US, she said, selling 6.9 million copies in the first 24 hours.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=118175

So whats everyone think of the title? All of her titles represent somthing important. Who do you all think will die?

still can't believe she won't set a release date :(

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Cool and appropriate name. I dont think Harry will die, but most likely Ron or Hermione. But, Rowling might kill off Harry so we dont know :p

Cant w8 :)

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A

[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]when the Veil Between the Worlds grows thin and the spirits of the dead may return to Earth[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
That sounds interesting.
[/SIZE]

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC

[SIZE=-1]
when the Veil Between the Worlds grows thin and the spirits of the dead may return to Earth
That sounds just like Philip Pullman's The Amber Spyglass.
[/SIZE]

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

first thing i thought of was godric hollows. It would be a very fitting end to have everything come back to where it started... but i dont think you should read too much into it. All her book titles have had meanings, yes but the item, place or person itself is not usually much of a clue as to the outcome of the story. half blood prince whilst important for harry to do well in potions didnt exactly overshadow the main plot of the book with the horcruxes. Pre book 5 if you were very clever you might have guessed order of the phoenix was a group made by dumbledore, you never would have guessed he would be leaving the school and all hell would break out in the ministry.

I very VERY much doubt Ron or Hermione will die, jkr has made it quite clear they will end up togther, and imo one of them dieing is less likely then harry himself dieing pwhich i dont think will happen either] i wouldnt be surprised if hagrid or mrs weasly or someone like that dies, a character who plays emotional support but is not inherently powerful on the books, rarely pushes the plot along or can do much to combat voldy.

Still pretty excited, look like a 777 release might be possible now

Erin1988

HSC

when is it released in aus

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

She should have set a release date. :(
I'm anxious lol.

hazaar

Greenie
HSC

ooooohhh great title! how exciting...

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC

omgomgomogmogomgommomfggggg i cant believe im only just finding this out now! and its been released all day ! ahhhh

o,mg excitement

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC

I just know it...she's gonna release it when we have our exams on. Distraction of what?!!

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC

woah ok. just woah. this is like momumental news. hbp title was released about the same time in 04, right? and released july 05. meaning a mid-07 release date is definitely possible. holy fucking shit. i have goosebumps.

FireFlower

HSC
N/A

I think JK Rowling might kill off Harry in the last book so that people can't bug her to write any more HP books

HSC
N/A

There's a game you can play to get the official announcement that the title of the last Harry Potter book is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Go to http://www.jkrowling.com/en

Click on the eraser on her desk.
Click the knob on the open door in the mirror to see the Christmas tree.
Click on the top half of the main door to see a wreath.
Click on the top of the mirror to reveal garland.
Click the spider web next to the mirror.
Click on the fourth chime in the window, hold and drag the key to the door knob to unlock the door, pointing the key exactly into the hole, and drop.
The door opens to reveal a package.
When you click the bow, the package will open.
Click again and inside is a game of Hangman you can play to guess the title of Book 7!

Type deathlyows (+other letters if you wish). Deathly Hallows appears and then a tick appears.

Too many wrong letters will hang you and you'll have to start again (but from the package, not the door).

Some pages take some time to load, so do be patient.

Somehow I reckon this is worth doing, even if you already know the answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)