Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jhakka

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I still don't much like Half Blood Prince, but I quite like this one.

Someone needs to get kissed by a Dementor. That'll be awesome.

bassqueen16

HSC

zomg only just found out about the seventh title, i like it :) originally i didnt really like hbp either, as alot of people are saying, but yeah it has grown on me, which im sure the seventh will too :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

Trebla said:
I wonder if this book will be the longest. Apparently, Half-Blooded Prince (6th) was shorter in terms of pages than Order of the Phoenix (5th).
It wont be, she has said OotP is the longest because they have to visit so many places, although its not set in stone it will probably be HBP sizeish.

i always liked the HBP title, and i liked it even more at the end of the book, how harry gets good at potions and learns those spells from it and stuff i liked alot.

People have been dementor kissed before aswell, barty crouch jnr for one.

goosiegoo

HSC

Eeee! I'm excited! Except l'm so worried that it's going to come out during my HSC. What will i do?! What if she decides she wants to release it on Halloween 2007 or summat? Arggghh. What would i do?

So.. yeah.. in terms of hallows.. there are so many different ways to define it. And technically it is a verb... but she may have taken some creative license. But, mainly the definition of 'hallow' is to 'make holy'. So if you 'hallow' a place you make it holy. But it can also be defined as 'respect or revere'...*sigh* and then there's all the halloween stuff.. but l'm not sure of that. :p
But then again...that whole 'veil' thing is very plausible... i'd love for it to have something to do with the veil in the department of mysteries. Creepy. I can't wait to find out about the veil.

Or.. it could have MULTIPLE meanings. Whooo knows? She was debating 3 titles.. maybe there were 2 or 3 main things. Hmmm?

Sigh. It's all so complicated.

Yaaay! Harry Potter.

Serius said:
Still pretty excited, look like a 777 release might be possible now
You think the 777 release date is possible? I don't... far to close to the movie. 5 days away, infact. They'll loose money that way.. need to stretch them out.

And, anywho.. last time it look her 6 months to release a date after the title of HBP and another 7 months before it was released. They need to give it alot of time to build up...

and she's not finished yet.

But anywho.. I still remain worried that it's gonna come out during my HSC. :s

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

it would be a publishing nightmare, but common its harry potter, something tells me the fact that its close to the movie wont matter, they will still sell tens of millions of copies.

I get the feeling from her interviews that she hasnt finished the book, but is close to doing so, i would guess maybe 1/4 to go[when you take into account the ending and heaps of other stuff were allready writen a decade ago] that still gives a good few months to start printing and ship that shit out.
If it comes out during your HSC who cares, i didnt end up buying HBP till after my HSC as a treat to myself and basically none of it was spoiled for me [ friend told me about H-G but i had allready guessed that would come out either in HBP or last book.]

HSC

I doubt the book will be out very soon. For book 6, so many people knew when it was going to be released at least 6 months before, and its going to take soooo long until they publish it all, and they also have to distribute all the books to various countries...:(:(:(

Anyways remember:

- This book will explain why some people can become ghosts while others cannot. One of the important characters will appear as ghost in this book . (This may have already been answered, at least to a certain degree, in Order of the Phoenix Chapter 38, where Nearly Headless Nick explains that wizards who are afraid of death often return as ghosts.)

-Rowling wrote the last chapter of the book some time ago, to give her an ending to work up to. The last word of the seventh book, according to Rowling, is currently "scar" , but she has also said it may change, along with the whole last chapter she has previously written. This last chapter contains details of what happens to each surviving character:

"This is the thing that I was very dubious about showing you... (T)his is the final chapter of book seven. This is really where I wrap everything up, it's the epilogue. And I basically say what happens to everyone after they leave school - those who survive - because there are deaths - more deaths coming. It was a way of saying to myself, 'Well, you will get it, you will get to book seven one day. And then you'll need this!' So I'd just like to remind all the children I know who come around my house and start sneaking into cupboards that it's not there anymore - I don't keep it at home anymore for very, very, very obvious reasons. So there it is." – J. K. Rowling

-There are indications that at least two of the main characters will die. In a June 2006 interview about the previously-written ending, Rowling stated that:

"One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die...A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil...They go for the main characters, or I do".
-Character will appear as a ghost- Sirius?
-Characters who will die- Voldemort, Wormtail

Anyways i hope this book ends up being as good as expected. :)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC

I can't wait for it to come out!! :D :D

goosiegoo

HSC

Serius said:
it would be a publishing nightmare, but common its harry potter, something tells me the fact that its close to the movie wont matter, they will still sell tens of millions of copies.

I get the feeling from her interviews that she hasnt finished the book, but is close to doing so, i would guess maybe 1/4 to go[when you take into account the ending and heaps of other stuff were allready writen a decade ago] that still gives a good few months to start printing and ship that shit out.
It's true that they don't exactly need publicity to sell millions upon millions of books.. but as for movie merchandise.. etc, i don't see it happening. And, yeah, i don't see it happening that soon either.

"The long lack of updates has been due to some very hard work. I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more. I don't think anyone who has not been in a similar situation can possibly know how this feels: I am alternately elated and overwrought. I both want, and don't want, to finish this book (don't worry, I will.)" Jo, December 19th.

She's getting close by the sound of it.. but the end chapters will take foreevvveer to write.. then shes gotta.. do the second run over. :p That'll take aaggges too.

If it comes out during your HSC who cares, i didnt end up buying HBP till after my HSC as a treat to myself and basically none of it was spoiled for me [ friend told me about H-G but i had allready guessed that would come out either in HBP or last book.]
I care. Heh. It will be spoiled for me if i don't read it very quickly after it's release date... i know many people that'd just love to go around school telling everyone what happened...
And i wouldn't be able to wait until it was over.. i'd have to read it...

"One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die...A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil...They go for the main characters, or I do".

And that's another thing.. she says 2 characters die that she didn't intend to die. Obviusly those two characters cannot be harry and/or voldie because that's something Jo would have had planned out since the beginning.. or close to it. She wouldn't change her mind on that one. Meaning.. 2 other characters die..
Hmm hmmm.

We'll just have to wait and see.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

awesome, can't wait. will have to read the first six again during the holidays.

Lainee

HSC

I like the sound of this title. :D Not that I have any sensible theories about what it could mean. The only titles I ever liked were for the first three books, HBP and this. Somehow I can never remember GoF or umm... the other one... oh yes, OotP. They just didn't flow off my tongue well, so I could never remember them properly.

But this one, I like. :)

Hopefully it'll come out in 07. Now that Jo's announced the title, I've been having reoccuring day dreams about it. :)

BlackDragon

HSC

goosiegoo said:
Eeee! I'm excited! Except l'm so worried that it's going to come out during my HSC. What will i do?!
lol der, use the book as one of your related texts so you have an excuse to read it :D
or you can always ditch the HSC.

goosiegoo

HSC

BlackDragon said:
lol der, use the book as one of your related texts so you have an excuse to read it :D
or you can always ditch the HSC.
I like that kind of thinking... :p

bassqueen16

HSC

im *pretty* sure I read somewhere that JKR and the publishers were considering a 7/7/07 release date, but had to ditch it due to that being the day of the London underground bombings :s so it wont be a 777 release

kitkatkittyau

HSC

The deathly Hallows has obviously got nothing to do with Godric's Hollow. Hallows/Hollow two different things. As for the release date of 7/7/2007 I find it extremly unlikely due to the fact that the 5th film in due out around that time. Jo wouldnt be stupid enough to release it then. However the 31st of October is looking very likely. It would be a nice way of ending the books, ending it on the day it started with Harry's parents being killed.

J

jhakka

kitkatkittyau said:
The deathly Hallows has obviously got nothing to do with Godric's Hollow. Hallows/Hollow two different things.
Thank you! Sorry to everyone who thinks it refers to Godrick's Hollow just based on the name. Rowling is far to clever to resort to a clue as lame as a word that rhymes with a key word in the title.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

PaleReflection said:
hagrid is so gonna die
He better not, the Giant squid would be so lonely :(

Anyway, Halloween release date is unlikely, at least on 31st October because that's a Wednesday.

On the theories, I'm liking the relation between the horcruxes and the four hallows from Arthurian legend more and more. At the same time it's the most likely to just be a coincidence, because that ignores the veil factor.

kitkatkittyau

HSC

Theres a specific day for releasing books?????

Last edited:

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC

I'm going with dumbledore being the ghost, and popping up and saving harry, i also think that Sirrus may play some part, ie pulling Voldermort through the veil, if that was happens. I doubt harry ron or hermione die because of the youthful audience and also the profecy said harry "only one could live" so harry must live as V dies (plainly obvious he is one of the deaths/whatever) Ginny could be the one to go or possibly McGonigal, i doubt any wealsley could die, that last chapter sounds awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)