• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Oh yeh i thought it was that!! i think Ginny is a great character!! i dont get why she is so hated! I hope her and harry are together in the end it was so tragic when they split at the end of the 6th.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
you know, about someone who we don't expect becoming a teacher, i was thinking maybe one of the Weasley twins, Fred and George. You can't deny they've got a level of intelligence, even Hermione acknowledges that, and they've managed to build a successful joke-shop business with some "incredible magic"...

They could both be teachers, one doing potions, one doing transfiguration. Remember how Neville transformed into a canary by eating a custard cream? That'd amount to Transfiguration. And their joke potions show they're good a potions.

-P_D

Last edited:

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Kujah said:
One thing - if Draco dies, does Severus die as well? Is the Unbreakable Vow still valid?
I thought the vow was to do with his task only to kill dumbeldore and thats it but maybe not!? i just want it to be out already its killing me!

HSC
Ginny is shit thats why, by far the most annoying character ! She's a try hard :p Nah i just don't like the fact that she is with Harry, and she changed soo fast. One second she was boring and quiet next she turns soo loud and dangerous :S

Kujah - i think it was just that Severus had to protect him from Voldemort, like that once, i dont think it is still around though...it was about the Dumbledore thing.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
OH i forgot after i saw the movie i came up with an awesome theory i doubt it will be right but yeh! at the end of the 5th movie Luna says something about things have a way of coming back to you and it made me think of sirius behind the veil. Is he dead or behind the veil and going to emerge again? silly maybe but it just seemed more than just what she said it felt like there was somehting behind it

Kujah

HSC
N/A
lisajf said:
OH i forgot after i saw the movie i came up with an awesome theory i doubt it will be right but yeh! at the end of the 5th movie Luna says something about things have a way of coming back to you and it made me think of sirius behind the veil. Is he dead or behind the veil and going to emerge again? silly maybe but it just seemed more than just what she said it felt like there was somehting behind it
He didn't get hit by a Killing Curse when he fell into the veil. So anything's possible.

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
you know, about someone who we don't expect becoming a teacher, i was thinking maybe one of the Weasley twins, Fred and George. You can't deny they've got a level of intelligence, even Hermione acknowledges that, and they've managed to build a successful joke-shop business with some "incredible magic"...

They could both be teachers, one doing potions, one doing transfiguration. Remember how Neville transformed into a canary by eating a custard cream? That'd amount to Transfiguration. And their joke potions show they're good a potions.

-P_D
They do, but what will they teach?

Also you have to think of the whole head of house and all that. If Severus dies then it'll be a Slytherin, if Minerva dis then it'll be a Gryfinndor, because the principal cannot be the head of any house-or Dumbledore would have been head of Gryffindor.

Kujah-why? What did Severus ever do to you :p

I used to hate him, but after re-reading the books a billion times, i love him now :D The book is pretty much from Harrys POV, so nobody understands what he is going through. But i believe he will end up good and the new principal-i dont think he'll die anymore.

HSC
lisajf said:
That would mean the villain would prevail. an evil would win. i doubt that would happen. but maybe anything is possible

You understand the prophecy to mean that one must live.

My understanding was that they can't both live at the same time which means that at least one must die. But from what i can tell, it didn't deny the possibility that both die. That would satisfy the need for one of them to die, which is all the prophecy required, as far as i could tell...

In relation to the unbreakable vow - i mentioned way earlier when i wrote like a 600 word 'plan' post of all the different things i think will happen in the last book that this vow would come back into it. Why would they include it - it wasn't really relevant to the last book - they could have made Snape still kill dumbledore, even if he hadn't vowed to protect Draco, so it wasn't really of any importance in that book so i think in this last one we will see more about it. Maybe Snape will die to protect Draco, because if he didn't he would die anyway etc etfc. or something else.
I think its definitly important.

Soo excited about the book. I have to read it over the weekend, despite no doubt mountains of homework (thought hopefully no one else will do it as everyone will be reading HP) (gotta love yr 12!) because if i go back to school not having read it, there will be no doubt that the ending will be spoiled. Pretty sure i found out dumbledore died before i read it when HBP came out because people can't not talk about it at school!

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Yeh, i think i have read about 500 different theories on the book in the past week. So yeh anything is possible.

HSC
Kujah said:
He didn't get hit by a Killing Curse when he fell into the veil. So anything's possible.
And JKR said this happened for a purpose, so maybe it has something to do with the final battle and the title?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I did feel sympathy for him when Harry entered Snape's Pensieve and observed what his dad did to him in OoTP.

I've never liked Snape :p

HSC
lisajf said:
Yes actually i saw the movie yesterday and the moment she said that i thought - wow, that is an interesting comment, because i am sure it wasn't in the books, and i was kinda like....wonder why they put that there?
I thought maybe they somehow knew something about the last book and it was kinda a little hint of what was to come, but then i came back to my senses and thought No that is highly highly unlikely. So yeah, i dunno, but it seemed pretty meaningful to me!

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
i dunno if i want that to happen or not. But i'd say it would for some reason. It all seems to add up. So many different opinions i could argue about it all night lol
About Ginny i think i like her because of her strong character same as hermione but im a bit of a feminist. I love Luna as well she is such a freak!

HSC
cute.asa.button said:
You understand the prophecy to mean that one must live.

My understanding was that they can't both live at the same time which means that at least one must die. But from what i can tell, it didn't deny the possibility that both die. That would satisfy the need for one of them to die, which is all the prophecy required, as far as i could tell...
If that was true, then why are they both alive at the same time?

Its like star signs, people think into it, and follow it because they believe it will happen, but it only happens because of their actions.

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
cute.asa.button said:
Yes actually i saw the movie yesterday and the moment she said that i thought - wow, that is an interesting comment, because i am sure it wasn't in the books, and i was kinda like....wonder why they put that there?
I thought maybe they somehow knew something about the last book and it was kinda a little hint of what was to come, but then i came back to my senses and thought No that is highly highly unlikely. So yeah, i dunno, but it seemed pretty meaningful to me!
Yeh i agree there was definately something behind it than just about finding her own belongings. I'm confused as to whether sirius was hit by the killing curse the impression i get he did but then oters say he didnt.

HSC
Yeah, i love luna. She was really good in the movie too actually. Her and lucius are about the only two characters i think are exactly how i imagined them onscreen as to how they were in the book. Except possibly luna's bizarre accent in the film, but it works i suppose!

PS. ShiftyIceQueen, love the signature, lol!

HSC
Kujah said:
I did feel sympathy for him when Harry entered Snape's Pensieve and observed what his dad did to him in OoTP.

I've never liked Snape :p

I laughed :shy: i actually found that really good, i cant help myself. But i do feel sorry for him. Didnt like the way he treated Lily but he did change, so its all good now:p

Edit: cute.asa.button -fnx i stole it from another site hehe

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Are house-elves capable of committing murder? :confused:

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Yeh i love Minerva in the film i think she is exactally how i imagined her aswell. As much as i love hermione i hate the way they have turned her into a glamour barbie. she is meant to have bushy hair dammit and big teeth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)