• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007 (NO SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
It is possible she kind of went 'fuck this, I'll be a gazillionare no matter how crap it is, so why bother' and it is real... for the most part it tends to read like the other books, but there's something slightly off, stylistically. So I don't know.
And it's not the first spelling mistake to ever appear in a book but yeah... something doesn't feel right to me. ie when Harry thinks about the DA he thinks about it as 'Dumbledore's Army' rather than the DA... it doesn't flow or fit in with the earlier style of the series. So I'm hoping fake, but it could also just be lazy writing/editing.

HSC
Don't spoil ending for others: Rowling
Thursday Jul 19 18:32 AEST

Harry Potter's creator JK Rowling has appealed to her fans to ignore the apparent publication on the internet of her closely-guarded final book about the boy wizard's adventures.

Rowling's publishers have been sent into a spin after what appears to be every page of the much-anticipated seventh book in the series was published on the internet, three days ahead of its global release on Saturday.

While not confirming or denying whether what appears on the internet was the real book, Rowling wrote a message to fans in her online diary urging them all not to spoil the ending for others.

"We are almost there!," she wrote.

"As launch night looms, lets all, please ignore the misinformation popping up on the web and in the press on the plot of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

"I'd like to ask everyone who calls themselves a Potter fan to help preserve the secrecy of the plot for those who are looking forward to reading the book at the same time on publication day.

"In a very short time you will know EVERYTHING."

Fans have already begun queuing outside bookstores in England, eager to be the first to start reading the seventh Harry Potter book when it goes on sale at 12.01am (eds London time) on Saturday.

The Times newspaper reported that representatives of Rowling had confirmed that some genuine material had been released online, but refused to say whether the entire book had been.

The online version has 36 chapters and an epilogue which seemingly explains Potter's fate.

In the United States, about 1,200 customers were mistakenly sent copies of the book on Tuesday by an American distribution company.

The publisher in charge of the book's release in the United States, Scholastica, has announced it will take legal action against distribution company Levy Home Entertainment in Chicago and online retailer DeepDiscount.com for allegedly breaching their sales agreements.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=118175

sladehk

le random
HSC
you know whats funny, ive read so many dodgy versions that i no longer know which is the real plot(s) so i kinda have this muddled story in my head lol

Lachlan18

HSC
Schroedinger said:
This post is entirely accurate, the other book has been proven by others that have recieved early copies from other book shops that shipped them early.

That borders video got taken down SO fast.

But others would be up.

If you don't want the book ruined, get the fuck off the internet because it WILL be ruined.
I swear, I should've gotten off the internet last week. I am so pissed I even looked at this video. Especially because some of the stuff that was said seems so fucking genuine. I've tried to read comments that try to disprove it, some saying "Well, they never really show us any actual page in the book except for the copyright", which is sort of okay, and others like "They just film themselves heading into a door, instead of in one" which seems reasonable also, but FUCK, my every instinct is saying that what I read was fucking real. 2/3 days before the release and I'm already spoilt. FUCK AMERICANS! FUCK ME TOO! FUCK THAT GIRL WHO GAVE IT TO ME! :burn:

Edit: Oh yeah, and fuck Borders. Can't they fucking hire decent people? I'll boycott that store for a long time for not securing their books enough. Bastards.

Last edited:
HSC
wtf are you even on about?

Every spoiler, as in blah blah dies etc etc. I dont know exactly how they die or why they die..so i guess i don't know everything. but i only have that sig because of the idiots who post the spoilers in these threads, and the sig isn't just for me, there are alot of people on these forums who don't want the book spoiled.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
That sig just makes us more likely to want to spoil it, because it's retarded.

HSC
Well GREAT now i know that i WON'T change it!

Schroedinger man just forget it, i don't give a shit what you have to say.

Lachlan18

HSC
OMG, just kill me! My life is ruined! Ruined I fucking tell you, ruined! Because of fucking idiot Americans and the cunts at Borders! :cry: Yeah, it's easy to blame myself also, but I don't want to!

Whilst looking at the comments, I read that

Dumbledore comes back, so Snape is good because that was supposed to happen

whilst trying to read comments trying to disprove it. Kill me. Do it now.

Then again, I got over being spoilt in the Half Blood Prince and still came to love the book. Dickheads told me who died, who killed who, who Harry's girlfriend was, and so on, and it didn't diminish anything. Maybe this will be the same thing..........
.......................................... .............
:bomb:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
sladehk said:
you know whats funny, ive read so many dodgy versions that i no longer know which is the real plot(s) so i kinda have this muddled story in my head lol
That's what I was saying earlier: there's so much out there and most of it is conflicting. So in "spoiling" the ending for us, these people are simply clouding it all up even more. Yes, there's genuine stuff out there mixed up in all the bullshit, but because there's so much, we don't know what's fact and what's fiction. Rather than with HBP where everyone called put "Snape Kills Dumbledore!", everything's mixed up. Wikipedia even have articles on extra characters already, but even they could be incorrect.
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Well GREAT now i know that i WON'T change it!
I have to admit I like it, if only for Harry's expression ...
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Schroedinger man just forget it, i don't give a shit what you have to say.
Few do who aren't trolls.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
I'm glad to see I'm uniformly disliked by those without the intellectual wherewithal to even regulate their own breathing.
In that case, I'd rather suffocate than be a troll. You might be intelligent, but that's not a Licence To Be An Arsewipe.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
2 Days to Go. I haven;t been on any HP sites, but I couldn't resist looking in here to view people's opinions :)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Woah I can't believe the four eyed wizard turned gay for the other fat orange-haired guy.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
I watched the news today how JKR said BELIEVE NOTHING with wicked smile

I don't know,if those ebooks turn out to be fake,that are probably the best hoax in the internet because there are division between who believe they are fake and who believe they are original

J

jhakka

Lachlan18 said:
Edit: Oh yeah, and fuck Borders. Can't they fucking hire decent people? I'll boycott that store for a long time for not securing their books enough. Bastards.
Stupidest comment ever. Plus, the Americans are selling off the Australian part of the company.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I'm still at a loss trying to figure out how the NY Times managed to waltz into a store and get a copy. I laughed pretty hard at this comment about the numerous problems about the security surrounding the book in America:

She likened recent events in the United States to the Boston Tea Party, a protest by American colonists against Britain in 1773.

Lachlan18

HSC
Actually, Shroedinger, after putting the numbers together:

LCCN of Order of the Phoenix: 2003102525
LCCN of Borders guys DH: 2007102525

They just changed the dates (2003-2007) of OOTP.

Unless the numbers were wrong which is doubtful since 2 to 3 people confirmed this. (There's always the chance though).

The ISBN numbers are the same for both books though.

Now, this will be the last time I ever go through that potential scare again. I should be off the internet 4lyfe now!

Last edited:

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
s-AINT said:
Woah I can't believe the four eyed wizard turned gay for the other fat orange-haired guy.
BAHAHAHAHA LOL LOL as if thats ridiculous whatever leak your reading i suggest that you are wating your time. that has to be 100% false! hehehehehehe lol what a crack up.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i posted this in the other harry potter thread (the one without a trace of spoilers!!!) but it seems all the hp fans are here.

i was just wondering....because my local Big W opens at 8:30am tomorrow - does that mean i can get the book before its "official" release time of 9:01am??!?

and what do you suggest i do because i have two siblings who are also as desperate to read the book... i don't know how we are going to share it around - maybe buying two copies would be better but its such a waste. and i don't want to buy the audio version - i prefer reading :)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
How is it a waste? Give it to a friend/charity when you're done you slack arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)