• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (1 Viewer)

HSC
If you dont like her coz she aint the same as her character in the book, well theres lots of stuff thats different. Thats why the movie is always shit compared to the novel :)

And what forum you speaking about?

xx__savannah

HSC
Sugar Quill.

And I can take most of what's different to the books, because I understand they are two seperate mediums, but I'm not like the book-fans who refuse to see the movie because it's been changed. Hermione is fantastic in the book, perfect measures of everything and subtle, and then you get this chick raising her eyebrows to show she platonically cares for Harry. And that can't be blamed purely on the script Watson gets.

HSC
LOL. No matter what i say, you still wont like her.

I think it has a little to do with the script, but more that she i young, and isnt the best actress. They probably could find someone better than her, if they do then im happy, if they dont then i'll be really pissed.

And if you actually realised that the asian girl was shit as, her character was better than the girl they got. They do it all the time. you'll never get the perfect cast.

HSC
Oh havent seen that one yet.

Thanks for that Kate. And it looks really good, better than the first 4:)

Legham

HSC
Looks pretty darn awesome. Im gonna have to read them again cause ive completely forgotten what it's about..

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
yeah that interantional trailer was so cool. I just forgot some stuff and i think that i'd also have to re-read the books again.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
Sugar Quill.
Hermione is fantastic in the book, perfect measures of everything and subtle, and then you get this chick raising her eyebrows to show she platonically cares for Harry. And that can't be blamed purely on the script Watson gets.
LOL :) yeah... the hermione in the book is amazing, i dont really like watson too, she sucks as. I'd just like to know what was running through the directors minds when they cast her, like what were they thinking, she's soooo not like the hermione in the book.
But, if warner bros didnt let her sign the contracts for the last 2 and if they decided to cast another person for the last 2 movies, it'l be kinda dumb, its already too late and lots of people got used to her by now.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
I think Emma Watson is okay, but her eyebrows annoy the hell out of me. They need to be waxed pronto. Apparently, JK loved all three of them when she saw who they'd cast as the trio, especially Emma. I think she said something along the lines of "exactly how I pictured Hermione". Which is true for the first movie. I think Emma's Hermione in the first movie was good, but that bloody Steve Kloves turned Hermione into the pink power ranger by movie 3. Damn you Kloves. I can't wait till OotP comes out to see how script turned out without Kloves.

goosiegoo

HSC
Yay! New Ootp poster! http://media.mugglenet.com/i/posterootp2.JPG
Harry looks very small... :p Eeep! I'm excited. Except the movie released is sort of over-shadowed by the book release. Argh! Book! *faints*

EDIT: Oh! I just watched the New trailer. Eep! It looks excellent! So excited!

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
overshadowed? nah. The book is what i am looking forward to, but it will be good to see the movie. Lol remember in the thread when we were talking about release dates and i was all like " yeah 07/07/07 is heaps realistic, i think its going to be then" then everyone was like "asif man, thats way too soon, plus its right after the movie so it would be a marketing nightmare!" Then the release date came out.

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
cant wait to buy the book and watch the movie .. although i wont be able to start the book (despite preordering it :p) coz the stupid school has hsc trials on :(

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
does anyone know if ralph fiennes would still play lord voldemort in this movie? He was all over the place in movie 4, but his not given that much attention this time, so i was just wondering whether he'd still be in this movie or not :?:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Time for me to make a little setup now that it's impending.

Out July 12th

Quicktime Trailer 1 is Here
Quicktime Trailer 2 is Here

imdb.com said:
After returning to Hogwarts to begin his fifth year at Hogwarts, Harry Potter discovers that much of the wizarding world, including the Ministry of Magic, is in denial about Lord Voldemort's return. The Order of the Phoenix, a group sworn against Voldemort, is using its vast array of wizards and witches magical abilities to sustain Voldemort. Cornelius Fudge, Minister for Magic, suspects that Dumbledore is using these claims of The Dark Lord's return as a means to over-throw Fudge as Minister. In retaliation, a new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher is appointed by the Ministry in order to keep an eye on Hogwarts. This new teacher, Professor Umbridge, implies strict new teachings and rules, forcing a group of students, under the tutelage of Harry, to form a club, by the name of Dumbledore's Army...

lengy

HSC
That has got to be one of the coolest dates ever. 07/13/07.

That picture of Daniel Radcliffe. He has a boy's face comparitive to his body and makes it seem like it's photoshopped.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Actually its' out on the 12th here. Also being released at the Imax, the last 20/30 minutes will be 3D. Still deciding whether to go see it there or not...

Apparantly this will be the shortest out of all the movies so far which is a bit worrying considering it's the longest book.. (then again, a lot of it was just waffle. Not that i didn't enjoy it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)