Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (1 Viewer)

ebsha

HSC
yeah, movie 4.

The movies arent as good as the books, not by a long shot. The movie totally ruined my image of hagrid and sirius :(

and thankies for the happy birthdays ^^

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
ebsha said:
*rejoices for her 18th birthday is on the same day as HP6 book release*

Woot, go me! 16th of July shall be a wondrous day this year ^^
oh really? my 17th bday is 2 days after the new harry potter book is released- im so happy. :D cant wait to read it. Btw, does neone know how much the new book would cost?

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
ebsha said:
yeah, movie 4.

The movies arent as good as the books, not by a long shot. The movie totally ruined my image of hagrid and sirius :(

and thankies for the happy birthdays ^^
yeh, the movies do ruin the books dnt they? the second movie was the best out of all of them though. but the most recent one was so bad- it ruined the book literally for me. I hope they got another director for this new hp movie cos he did a shit job at that last movie.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I've only read OotP - still enjoy the HP movies.

I've been tempted to buy GoF, but from what I hear those who read the books don't like the movies :confused: -

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
bluesky100 said:
I've only read OotP - still enjoy the HP movies.

I've been tempted to buy GoF, but from what I hear those who read the books don't like the movies :confused: -
yeh, its cos they tend to leave out so many parts of the book in the movies and it really stuffs up. You shoudl buy/read GoF- its really good :), plus if ur gonna watch the movie- the book will help you understand the actual movie cos sometimes its hard to understand what is goin on without reading the book. im just not expecting much from the movie itself. But id still watch it.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Well I liked the movies- bar p.o.a- -that was kinda a let down.

Buy H.P from Target and Kmart - they've got them for 10 bucks each!!!

has anyone reserved their copy of Half Blood Prince yet?

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
duckofdoom said:
Well I liked the movies- bar p.o.a- -that was kinda a let down.

Buy H.P from Target and Kmart - they've got them for 10 bucks each!!!

has anyone reserved their copy of Half Blood Prince yet?
how do reserve a copy? i want to but i dnt know how much it is-im like kinda broke lol. Apparently, shops cant price them yet cos then if they do- other shops will make theirs cheaper so people will buy theres insetad? something like that i think. But does neone know the price range?

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
kimi said:
how do reserve a copy? i want to but i dnt know how much it is-im like kinda broke lol. Apparently, shops cant price them yet cos then if they do- other shops will make theirs cheaper so people will buy theres insetad? something like that i think. But does neone know the price range?
just pop into any Dymocks, Angus & Robertson, or if your in the St George area, go into Dragon books up at Hurstville Westfield.

Also, try BigW, cos that's where I went last year, I lined up for about half an hour and only paid $19!!

All they know is it's gonna be hardcover - so naturally it's gonna be a little expensive - and longer than the last book. So they say around $25- 35 - but i suppose it depends on where you go.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Probably well known, but this was in Western Times

Last chapter is called 'The Second War Begins', and Fudge admits Voldie is back. Guess that means book 7 will be the war! woo hoo!

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
oh its very close now... how come the majority of people who are excited are 16 and up?... its kind ofamusing... but ive reserved mine now... how lovely for me... at least when im studying ill have something to take my mind off things... :D

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i love harry potter books i cant wait for the 6th book to come out on saturday n the movie to come out in december so exciting

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Harry Potter and the Thestrals

im rereading all the Harry Potter books right now and i was reading the 3rd one yesterday and i realised something.
Why cant Harry see the Thestrals at the start???
you know he can see them in the 5th book cos he sees Cedric die at the end of the fourth one but he should be able to see them earlier cos he watched his parents die in front of him! yes, he may have been a tiny little baby then but he still saw it, no matter how young he was.
im really frustrated. does anyone have any ideas of why that should be?

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i had that thought too, and i was confused...

i think its just JK screwing up...lol

or maybe you have to conscously see it, like harry was a baby, its not like he could make sense of it at the time, or for a few years after that, if you understand my rambling....

:)

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
mmm, i guess... i dont think so though, cos he remembers them being killed and everything... it just really annoys me that she didnt realise that. i want someone to give ame a good reason for it so i can stop being annoyed by it.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
but he only remembered it after the dementors, ( i think)

so maybe he couldn't really remember it before that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)