HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - thoughts (SPOILERS!!) (2 Viewers)

atreus

HSC
my favourite part of book 6 was the "lessons" that harry had with dumbledore- it was interesting to see how voldemort came to be who he was, and finally provided the first glimmer of hope that he could be defeated. those are the parts i am most interested to see in the sixth film, to see how they do all the memories/historical sequences.

also, i want to know how dumbledore beat grindelwald in a duel if grindelwald had the unbeatable wand. all other past holders of the wand were killed in their sleep or had it stolen from them.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
It's a plot hole big enough to drive the Knight Bus though, but I think the answer may lie with Rita Skeeter. For all her blasphemies and half-truths, I thik she may have actually been right when she said Grindelwald surrendered. See, Dumbledore and Gridelwald had been friends, and had come up with the very utilitarian philosophy of "the greatest good for the greatest number". Upon seeing Dumbledore's determination to defeat him, Grindelwald may have surrendered because he felt that either the philosophy didn't work, or that his surrendering the wand would benefit the greatest number of people. I suspect it's the latter as it wa slater stated Grindelwald went to the very prison he had constructed and had no reservations about it. Dumbledore and Grindelwald probably fought, and Grindelwald won. But Dubledore came back for a second round and Grindelwald surrendered.

Also, given the way the Elder Wand works, it's not going to fight for you. Owners of the Elder Wand can be disarmed if their opponent is quick enough. If you have the Elder Wand and I disarm you before you can do anything, I get it (that's how Harry got it). However, if you can cast a spell - any spell - before I can, I won't be able to defeat you.

That said, I didn't like the whole Elder Wand subplot because it served as a vessel to prevent Harry from murdering (or at least manslaughtering) Voldemort. Harry Potter, you need some concrete. Why? So you can harden the fuck up!

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Hotshot you do realise that you reply to my post made no sense whatsoever and here u are critisizing the harry potter books when you cannot even read my post properly and realise i was merely correcting a mistake made by someone on this forum not stating it myself!!?? And anyway what has that got to do with the price of tea in china? Derrrrrr
"Trelawny couldnt count remember?" - written by Hotshot.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
the other thing i dont get. HOW THE FUCK DOES VOLDERMORT DO SO MUCH WITH SUCH A SMALL ARMY.

in this book whene every1 banded together they kicked his ass, but it didnt happen last time his aorund? sure they might not have been able to kill him, but surely some of his survivors?

I still LOVE the books tho, i just think as an adult u cant help but notice all the plot holes that would go unoticed in our younger years

L

LordVoldemort

The mudblood Townie said:
HOW THE FUCK DOES VOLDERMORT DO SO MUCH WITH SUCH A SMALL ARMY.
Lord Voldemort is more powerful than each living wizard in the world combined. Lord Voldemort trains his death eaters personally, and therefore each of Lord Voldemorts death eaters are infinitely more powerful than any other wizard. Do not deny the power of Lord Voldemort, dirty muggle.

Avada Kedavra!

L

LordVoldemort

Love is a dirty and underhanded form of magic that no wizard with pride and skill would ever use. It's power is minimal compared to that of Lord Voldemorts - after all, how many of those who have loved have been killed by the wand of Lord Voldemort?

cuppy

HSC
N/A
LordVoldemort said:
Love is a dirty and underhanded form of magic that no wizard with pride and skill would ever use. It's power is minimal compared to that of Lord Voldemorts - after all, how many of those who have loved have been killed by the wand of Lord Voldemort?
voldemort still loved - loved himself.

L

LordVoldemort

Hermione Granger is dead on account of the wand of Lord Voldemort!

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
Are there any people re reading the series atm?

kloudsurfer

HSC
lisajf said:
Are there any people re reading the series atm?
Yep. Its the only thing thats keeping me sane between studying for the HSC.

Though im up to book 7 again already!

Its amazing how much foreshadowing there is when you read it all again after finihsing the series.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Narellan ey?

I'm planning on re-reading them after uni exams, so that'll be something fun to do for a few weeks of my holiday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)