• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HARRY POTTER & the goblet of fire!! (1 Viewer)

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
PerfectByNature said:
Stellah8chang: i think thats too short. he looks good when its in the middle of that pic and his hair in the movie
Yeah...he looked awesome in the (I think?) Teen People magazine shoot, where he was posing with the guitar and things like that.

Orange Juice said:
hermione looks hot
is she legal?
Off the top of my head, Emma Watson was born in April 1990. You do the math.

On the other hand, Hermione Granger the character was born on the 19th of September 1979. So she would be perfectly legal.

HSC
Omgomgomg

World Premiere! **drools**

** a lot **

I can't wait!

My mother has confirmed that she'll be taking my brother and me down to GEORGE STREET CINEMAS for a 6pm show on DECEMBER 1ST. Goblet of Fire is a 150-minute show. This means we will probably finish around 9pm. My mum, my brother and I will be taking the train home on the North Shore line.

Now you can all tell your parents that my mother is going to be there (plus possibly several other 18-pluses), so there will be a level of adult supervision. And my brother does karate very well. For private school kids, it's also the last week of school, so you're not likely to do anything on the Friday following anyhow. Kids in the government system are likely to have a harder job trying to convince parents, but all I say is that I will be praying for you :)

However, this will only go ahead IF...
1. We get enough people. George Street isn't a particularly good place to hang out at night, particularly since it'll be dark when the movie finishes. My mother would be much happier if we managed to grab as many people as possible! So tell your friends.
2. The venue suits. Again, since George Street is fairly notorious at night, so if there is a demand for a change of venue, it may well go ahead. If you can't make George Street (parents?) then other venues I'm considering are CHATSWOOD and MACQUARIE CENTRE; just get in touch with me if you'd like a change.

Cosplaying would be welcomed, but is not essential. Any questions? Feel free to email me. See you there! Tickets will be about $10-$11, or whatever the normal cost of tickets is now.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
Aha. You need to look at this lovely pic. Although in my opinion he's gone a little overboard.
HAHAHA he writes like a kindergarten-er

But this movie look brilliant. I like the music in the trailer :uhhuh: it makes ur hair stand on end. Unfortunately we are, like, the second last country to get the film (some country like Uraguay gets it on Dec 2 i think) but yes, i will be seeing it that day. The long trailer is the best.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
Yeah...he looked awesome in the (I think?) Teen People magazine shoot, where he was posing with the guitar and things like that.

Off the top of my head, Emma Watson was born in April 1990. You do the math.

On the other hand, Hermione Granger the character was born on the 19th of September 1979. So she would be perfectly legal.
Post some good pics of him for me!

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
apparently they are going to rate HP4 the movie M in australia....coz its aint suitable for kids under 13...im gonna have fun...im taking my 10yr old cuz...and shes gonna get scared :p

HSC
The_highwayman said:
Well the last one was initially M rated and was only changed to PG after an appeal, and seeing as the books are getting so dark from this point on (and the movies getting better) i think it's inevitable that the rating will have to increase.
I agree; Harry himself is getting older too, so you can't expect the books to regress. I hope nobody here hasn't read the book yet, but a person dies in this one. Quite violently, if you ask me, and I don't know about you guys, but I reckon many 6- and 7- year olds would be very frightened.

I guess I'd rather it have a slightly higher rating, which might cause a few kids to miss out, instead of having the classification board caving into marketing and psychologically scarring small children...still I reckon your average 6th grader would be mature enough to deal with the stuff in Goblet of Fire, and lest we forget that Harry himself is only fourteen here. Pity we don't have a PG-11, or maybe even a PG-13 rating, I think either would probably work OK for this film.

Having said that, out of all the people I know, I was the only one who wasn't allowed to watch M-rated movies except with my parents until I actually turned fifteen, so I don't know how much of a difference an M-rating would actually make.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
How 'bout this? :D
HAHAHA as if he could play a guitar. And it's hardly a violent death, guaranteed no blood comes out.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
PerfectByNature said:
i think Cedric could havebeen hotter... but hes ok.
OMG yeah right

Timesplitter 01 said:
IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE PERIWINKLE BLUE!!!

I absolutely hate how they're using Ron as the comic relief more and more - his role has turned into a joke. Look at these official photos, comparing the rest of the main cast with Ron, for example. Wtf.

HSC
PaleReflection said:
OMG yeah right
He's OK...not as bad as some people I've envisaged. He has nice features; I reckon he's got some issues with being photogenic...ie he's not photogenic at all.

IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE PERIWINKLE BLUE!!! I know...**sigh** I did wonder about that myself...but then the girls' dress robes haven't really turned out exactly as I imagined either. Suppose they look more becoming this way? I'll see...

I absolutely hate how they're using Ron as the comic relief more and more - his role has turned into a joke. Look at these official photos, comparing the rest of the main cast with Ron, for example. Wtf.
True. Ron is such an idiot these days! More so than the book!

HSC
The_highwayman said:
Well an "M" rating is non-restrictive. That is, a 2 yr old could go and watch the movie by themselves legally because it is only a RECOMMENDATION that the person be over 15. I think there is a big misconception amongst parents that M=MA15+ which it doesnt.
Yeah, I know. My parents are Draconian. But anyhow...

From TLC/
Goblet rated 15 in Australia
Goblet of Fire has been given a rating of M in Australia for "Moderate fantasy violence". An M, which is similar to the old "15" rating, means that the film is "recommended for mature audiences", but there is no actual restriction on who can see the film or whether parents must accompany those under 15. In general, films with this rating "contain material that requires a mature perspective." Thanks, Shaun, for the update.

It's official!

I need to get tickets **sob** and my parents are like, "no credit cards! You're buying them with cash in the city..." so I hope there'll be some left when I get down there tomorrow.

fantasia

HSC
is this the one that has cho chang in it?

eh i saw pics of her... wouldve expected more.

koopatrooper

HSC
lol. harry is lookin more and more like an ugly elijah wood with each movie. his hair looks dumbs and him and ron need haircuts, by the next movie i bet harry has got a mullet. lol. Prisoner of azkaban was a crap movie! since when does hagrid live own some hill with rocks on it? grrr. i bet theyve ruined this one too. i wouldnt mind directin all 7 harry potter movies, just direct some other real cool movie after it and get your rep back. meh. forgot what else to write. :p

Danoz The Great

HSC
miss_gtr said:
is that cedric on the right in the background? if so=hawt
The guy on the far right has a more Russian appearance, so I'm thinking he's Viktor Crum. So Cedric would be second from the right.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)