• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

scoby_2000

HSC
shortie_689 said:
that is so so so true the never do that ey

is that tammin sursok in ur av

umm...wow

i know u didnt mean offence to that....but im offended (lol :D)

1. because u think i wud associate myself with tammin...she is a whore

and

2. because i am cool and cool people like scarlett johansson :D

she looks heaps diff. cept its the only 100x100 pic i cud find of her :D

Mini

relax
HSC
it should be called something poignant, like: Harry Potter and The End.
or... OR... maybe it won't even begin with harry potter and the... bleh.

have any of u noticed the ep. names in Friends? Everything starts with: The One Where...
but the very very last episode is called "The Last One". significant and meaningful.

Last line: "... as harry fell toward the soft earth, everything made sense and he knew that Voldemort was now gone. The last horcrux had been created unintentionally, and resided within his scar."

jennylim

HSC
i think she's debunked the harry-is-a-horcrux theory.

not only is it hard for voldemort to put his soul in a living thing, it'd be harder for that thing to be harry as we saw at the end of OotP. he can't bear to reside in harry cos harry loves so much...etc. and the ginny-is-a-horcrux has equally been slammed.

one of my friends came up with the trophy thing - tom riddle's prize for special services to the school? that could be a hogwarts connection along with the ravenclaw thing...who knows.

scoby_2000

HSC
was that last sentence that was said the actual one or one taht someone thinks will be it?

p.s jenny lim...wats with ure avatar?

is that like editing with the film or something? i dont get it

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hahaha i love your av, jennylim!! where did you get it from?

scoby - that's a scene from PoA, when harry meets beaky in their care of magical creatures class. and the quote is also from POA, but i can't remember if it was included in the movie... ron said it after hermione attacks draco.

jennylim

HSC
:) thank you!! i got the av off

www.ronandhermione.net - in their gallery they have a whole selection of R/Hr avs. yeah, it's the scene where buckbeak lashes out and nearly hits harry and hermione grabs ron. the good ship all the way!!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
just a thought, in all the pensieve scenes at the gaunt's, how did dumbledore know what all the parseltongue meant? is it possible to perform legilimency through a memory? hmmmm...

kaylz

HSC
maybe dumbledore knew parseltongue and just didn't let on. maybe memories aren't in one particular language.

kaylz

HSC
it was someone else's memory - a person who knew parseltongue? i'm a bit hazy. read it ages ago now.

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
bubz :D said:
just a thought, in all the pensieve scenes at the gaunt's, how did dumbledore know what all the parseltongue meant? is it possible to perform legilimency through a memory? hmmmm...
it never said he understood it, he only just recognised it and assumed that harry could understand it, at least thats what i think...

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Yeah, i thought she'd be prettier. But then again, they probably want to emphasise that Harry does not pay attention to superficialites...pfft

OMG OMG OMG! You all have to check out the Trailer for the New film:
http://harrypotter.warnerbros.co.uk/gobletoffire/index.html

Click on the "trailer" link at the bottom left. I love this trailer...so cannot wait until Dec 1 (Australian release date)

Last edited:

keladry

lady knight
HSC
she does look very typical chinese tho... isn't that what jk wanted?

when i say that, i mean she looks like a typical pretty chinese girl - long hair, biggish eyes, well formed nose etc

and for the record, i'm a chinese girl

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i cant wait until 12:30pm on November 2 = No More HSC (end of chemistry exam)!

Back on topic...

The next film is directed by the guy who directed four weddings and a funeral i believe so i wasnt expecting it to be any good...but i love that Trailer. Esp. the music! That said, the last film (POA) was a complete flop at the movies (i work at a cinema) but i thought it was the best one of the three....ANTICIPATION!

Riewe

HSC
I just hope it follows on from POA, and not COS, as the first two were, hard do you say it.....crap. Utter crap which i try to force myslef to watch but cringe at every single moment in the film, and hence cannot watch it anymore. However, i can watch POA over and over again without that dreaded feeling, and actually enjoy myself.

Although, it does look promising, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
transcendent said:
Urg, Chang is supposed to be so much prettier than that. Leung would be suitable if Rowling didn't describe Chang as being so impossibly beautiful (same with Fleur Delacour) - where the hell are they supposed to find people who look that good? :rolleyes:

Anyway, there are better photos of Katie. I just can't be bothered posting them. Oh and those 13-year-old girls who make anti-Katie websites because they're jealous that she gets to kiss Daniel Radcliff are funny. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)