• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
I don't know if it's analysis but "The Magical World Of Harry Potter", it goes into immense detail about character attributes, background info on magic and things like that.

You should go to www.harrypotter.warnerbros.com and use the forum there. I'm a member and there's heaps of people there who know heaps on HP - puts us all to shame.

Hagrid??? The BFG of Hogwarts. Mean. lol.

Maybe a teacher might be next or, I've been thinking on this sunce book 4 - Percy. He's in the ministry, he gets involved - a freak accident or he may join the death eaters because Percy these days doesn't seem to give a damn no more.

Interesting theory about Fawkes and Dumbledore. Shame there's no proof - it would've been good - but most theories don't have proof anyway.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
miss_gtr said:
Yeah i think Snape is still on the good side, i mean why did JK put so much emphasis on Dumbledore always droning on about Snape being good.. rah rah rah.
I have a hard time believing Dumbledore was wrong about Snape, because, you know, he's DUMBLEDORE. I'm thinking maybe Dumbledore knew and (possibly pre-arranged for?) Snape to kill him in order to save Draco's innocence.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
miss_gtr said:
Is anyone getting an illegal copy before it hits aus???

No point. I'd probably get a cover on it about gardening. screw that. I like my collection to be authentic. I don't want to be half way through the film and then all of a sudden it changes language.

Just wait till December 1 till it comes out. It'll be worth the wait.

I remember when I was in year 9 I took a day off school to see the chamber of secrets - oh my I had no life lol. They're only showing the ads for it now. Everywhere else it's november 18th. Bite me america and england.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
ha ha ha, you still go school. no, that was slack. lol

I think it's the first hp non global premiere. That's retarded. Why two weeks apart???

They were originally going to make gof into 2 movies - trying to fit in all the sequences, but I'm glad they'll show the yule ball. In my head, dress gowns don't look that good, just a piece of cloth with holes for arms and head. lol.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
if the film is good then it's worth a bit extra to pay for the cinema experience. which is why i watched SW:RotS twice cause you can't get the same feeling of seeing Vader for the first time or Padme's funeral.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yeah with big films such as this the best way to experience it is in a cinema. It loses much of its impact on the small screen.

klh

HSC
partly a movie spoiler:
reading form other forums, they arent showing much quidditch and getting rigth into it as well as dumbledore not being in character according to the books [ he pushes harry into the wall]...
im waiting, i dont mind, but the ads are making me feel like i want to moreso.
dumbledore worng? well throughout the series he is right and wise and in this book he keeps saying that h may be wrong, so its probable that dumbledore was not wrong aobut snape, somethign that meks you think eh evidence is here but can mislead you.

i am also interested in how harry will defeat Voldemort...love? ive just recently read some theories adn they all seem unreal somehow, like unlikely. anyone want to have a go?

and yes, some of the critiques on the book i agree with...but she amy be reinforcing love. and i wonder how movie potter will do when he has to kiss movie ginny...is she young? like too young? hmmm

Last edited:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
miss_gtr said:
Hey Krum is a peddo!.......He is 18 in GoF and Hermione is 15/16? lol.........see how bored i am?

oooo this will be good.. i hope.
Yep Hermione is 14/15 in Goblet of Fire (her birthday is in September I think, one month after school goes back). Krum is 17 or 18.

klh said:
reading form other forums, they arent showing much quidditch and getting rigth into it as well as dumbledore not being in character according to the books [ he pushes harry into the wall]...
The movie also cuts out the Dursleys... so no ton-tongue toffees!

klh said:
i wonder how movie potter will do when he has to kiss movie ginny...is she young? like too young? hmmm
Well assuming Bonnie Wright and Dan are still playing their respective characters, HBP is being made in 2007/2008, so she'll be 16/17 and he'll be 18 or 19 :S

Do you think they'll get new actors?

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Krums looks 45 years old in the movie!!

That dumbledoreisnotdead website is pretty cool. There are just too many clues suggesting that Dumbledore's still alive, although if he rises from the dead in book 7 it would be a bit of a wtf.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
I love all these Dumbledore theories.

Idon't care how long I wait I'm seeingHP the first session that opens at greater union. This is clearly evident of what post hsc does to a person. lol. Do you think it will be a 2 hour plus length movie? I want it to be.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
duckofdoom said:
I suppose that's ok. I just like long HP movies. POA was way too short.
POA was 141 minutes... not much shorter than GOF

PS was only 152

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
The_highwayman said:
a lot can happen in 11 minutes. They should have been used! PoA was a bit out of order (esp harry getting the Firebolt at the end) nevertheless, it is my favourite movie of the series so-far. I love the time turner! bring it back JK!
Ah but they were all destroyed in the battle of the Department of Mysteries!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hope its good cos most of the ones i've seen gives boring medieval facts zzzzzz

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Pick your fave crack face!!! hilarious. I can't believe there's choices.

I've also got a book called the science behind harry potter. obviously it explains the scientific reasoning behind magic at Hogwarts.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Sarah168 said:
hope its good cos most of the ones i've seen gives boring medieval facts zzzzzz
Medieval history? boring? take that back you blasphemous wench!! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)