Harwood mod b specified poem (1 Viewer)

HSC
They specified the violets 2012, and at mornington in 2011
do you think they would specify these poems again tomorrow?

if not what poem do you think could be specified?

rednellav

HSC
I'm feeling The Sharpness of Death or Father and Child nomsayn.

HSC
they specified father and child in cssa trials
do you think they would specify it anyway?
I understand they are separate organisations but im just nervous!

rednellav

HSC
If they put it in the catholic trials it wouldn't surprise me if it turned up in the HSC lulz. They tend to do that.

I think you're gonna have to guess out of either Father and Child, Sharpness or Triste. Dat feel when can only prepare 2/3rd of an essay.

terzho

HSC
If they put it in the catholic trials it wouldn't surprise me if it turned up in the HSC lulz. They tend to do that.

I think you're gonna have to guess out of either Father and Child, Sharpness or Triste. Dat feel when can only prepare 2/3rd of an essay.
Hmm I think it'd be more likely to be mother who gave me life than triste and let's not forget about valediction.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
I hate Gwen Hardwood :(
Romantics are silly...
Mary Shelly: "Ignore science and reason for poetry and flowers and stuff, yolo"

rednellav

HSC
Hmm I think it'd be more likely to be mother who gave me life than triste and let's not forget about valediction.
Forgot about valediction; that's definitely an option. They're all pretty open I guess. I personally thought mother who gave me life was a bit more limited in the themes it presents in comparison to the other texts, but who knows?

HSC
I am desperately hoping its either father and child, mother who gave me life or a valediction

if its sharpness or triste, i'm screwed

terzho

HSC
Forgot about valediction; that's definitely an option. They're all pretty open I guess. I personally thought mother who gave me life was a bit more limited in the themes it presents in comparison to the other texts, but who knows?
It is, that's the problem, I'm most prepared for Sharpness of Death and Father and Child but I know the chances of sharpness are pretty low. Personally I think it's a toss up between mother who gave me life and father and child so OP should be fine.

rednellav

HSC
Just remember a few quotes from each and bullshit your way through the question. Personally I'm using really open-ended quotes from each that I can morph to most questions.

edit: ^ Yeah, cramming quotes from F&C, Triste and Mother now lulz.

levelup888

HSC
I hope they do Father and Child or Mother who gave me life... I'll cry if they do triste triste, sharpness of death or valediction :'(

HSC
Are you people going to study for all 7 poems?
Not enough time to have a detailed understanding for every poem!
I know three in detail (mother, father and child and a valediction)
I am going to know some techniques and quotes for sharpness and triste, and am sort of hoping that violets and at mornington is not specified because it was in 2012 and 2011

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Not enough time to have a detailed understanding for every poem!
I know three in detail (mother, father and child and a valediction)
I am going to know some techniques and quotes for sharpness and triste, and am sort of hoping that violets and at mornington is not specified because it was in 2012 and 2011
oh fair enough..
i think i'm going to learn 3 but not sure which yet (any suggestions? i may actually go to 4 but idk)
if they do sharpness of death im pretty sure most the state will bomb out (those doing harwood) unless they did it for an assignment or something, so hard that text =/

HSC
oh fair enough..
i think i'm going to learn 3 but not sure which yet (any suggestions? i may actually go to 4 but idk)
if they do sharpness of death im pretty sure most the state will bomb out (those doing harwood) unless they did it for an assignment or something, so hard that text =/
what ones have you already done?
I would say learn father and child and mother who gave me life, because everyone seems to believe that either of those will be the specified poem in the exam
Yeah, I really hope it isn't sharpness of death, my teacher said its pretty unlikely because it is one of Harwood's harder poems but I would still know some techniques and quotes in case it comes up

rednellav

HSC
what ones have you already done?
I would say learn father and child and mother who gave me life, because everyone seems to believe that either of those will be the specified poem in the exam
Yeah, I really hope it isn't sharpness of death, my teacher said its pretty unlikely because it is one of Harwood's harder poems but I would still know some techniques and quotes in case it comes up
Fuck I hope it is Sharpness. I think mother who gave me life would be difficult to contrast with the other poems, but that's probably just my understanding of it.

It'd be pretty funny if they didn't specify any poem though.

HSC
Fuck I hope it is Sharpness. I think mother who gave me life would be difficult to contrast with the other poems, but that's probably just my understanding of it.

It'd be pretty funny if they didn't specify any poem though.
Its really good to make links with father and child
you can talk about the acceptance of the inevitability of death
the ability of memory to transcend the physical realm of existence etc. and there are good metaphors in it

rednellav

HSC
Its really good to make links with father and child
you can talk about the acceptance of the inevitability of death
the ability of memory to transcend the physical realm of existence etc. and there are good metaphors in it
Memories to transcend the physical realm? Seems like it'd fit well with existentialism. What quotes did you use to show that if you don't mind me asking?

HSC
Memories to transcend the physical realm? Seems like it'd fit well with existentialism. What quotes did you use to show that if you don't mind me asking?
I use the metaphoric "ward door of heavy glass" between the persona and her mother and then talk about how it is symbolic of the barrier between life and death. then I say how the transparency of glass emulates an eternal memory of her mother, therefore transcendence through memory as the personas mother dies. if that makes sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)