Has anyone done 4U Maths, 4U English, Bio and Chem for their HSC?? (1 Viewer)

Ivy2507

HSC
I'm planning on doing the above subjects next term (currently in year 11) but many people are saying that's its too hard and it'll drive me insane. I am currently doing Math Ext 1 and Eng Ext 1 and I'm rank 1 in both plus I love both of the subjects and the sciences.. But i know the workload is gonna be a lot 😭😭😭
So has anyone done these subjects for their HSC and can share their experiences and whether it was worth it
Thanksss

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
I'm planning on doing the above subjects next term (currently in year 11) but many people are saying that's its too hard and it'll drive me insane. I am currently doing Math Ext 1 and Eng Ext 1 and I'm rank 1 in both plus I love both of the subjects and the sciences.. But i know the workload is gonna be a lot 😭😭😭
So has anyone done these subjects for their HSC and can share their experiences and whether it was worth it
Thanksss
HOLYYY! TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!

Anaya R

HSC
Thanksss
I did Maths Ext 2 out of the 4, but let me just say (based on what I have seen and heard) - its going to be a lot of work. Projects, assignments, heavy content (because that's the nature of these subjects) so you'll have to be very organised with your time.
Maths Ext 2 needs a lot of effort to keep up the high marks as well. It's quite different from ext 1 so you do need to practice a lot outside of the class exercises if you want to maintain the good marks
Good luck with the subjects tho :))

tk8

HSC
Thanksss
Omg same!!!!! I am currently in Y10 and I am ranked first in both maths and english and i love sciences equally as much… and I am ALSO planning on doing 4U Maths, 4U English, Bio and Chem in Y12!!! i'm actually so glad i have found someone who is similar to me :) i think as long as you have a strong work ethic, you will be able to do it. Since you are ranked first, I’m really interested to know what ranking is your school? Even though I am also first, my school is like 200+ 😭

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Thanksss
I'm afraid I cannot help you here, I'm just commenting because I'm basically in the same boat! Except I plan on dropping english extension all together xD

d1zzyohs

HSC
probably just depends on how passionate you are about doing a major work.
english extension 2 is probably going to be one of the hardest and the most painful time-management subjects on earth, ESPECIALLY with you wanting to take extension 2. While extension 2 won't be that hard if you find extension 1 easy (you are coming first after-all); the requirement of study is far vaster, and the saturation into the content through hundreds of questions becomes overwhelming during exam periods. in extension 2, you may never truly feel ready for an exam.

I'd probably recommend taking 11 units into year 12 with both 4 units; so you have the opportunity to drop one of your extension 2's.
good luck!

Ivy2507

HSC
Omg same!!!!! I am currently in Y10 and I am ranked first in both maths and english and i love sciences equally as much… and I am ALSO planning on doing 4U Maths, 4U English, Bio and Chem in Y12!!! i'm actually so glad i have found someone who is similar to me :) i think as long as you have a strong work ethic, you will be able to do it. Since you are ranked first, I’m really interested to know what ranking is your school? Even though I am also first, my school is like 200+ 😭
My school is like rank #89 and it's a selective one, Also Good Luck for Year 11 !!

Ivy2507

HSC
probably just depends on how passionate you are about doing a major work.
english extension 2 is probably going to be one of the hardest and the most painful time-management subjects on earth, ESPECIALLY with you wanting to take extension 2. While extension 2 won't be that hard if you find extension 1 easy (you are coming first after-all); the requirement of study is far vaster, and the saturation into the content through hundreds of questions becomes overwhelming during exam periods. in extension 2, you may never truly feel ready for an exam.

I'd probably recommend taking 11 units into year 12 with both 4 units; so you have the opportunity to drop one of your extension 2's.
good luck!
Yess!! I was planning on doing the same thing and just dropping one of the extensions if the workload is too much. Thankss :)

Ivy2507

HSC
chem is horrible i genuinely hate it so much. If you genuinely like it tho then do it !!
Yea it has its ups and downs but when I actually understand the concept it gets interesting but that takes up a lot of my time tho 😅

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)