Has anyone heard from... (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
They are all the same kind of reasoning tests. If you have done one you have done them all really:).

bakerb05

HSC
N/A
Has anyone that applied for Funds Management/Asset Management heard anything?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
These are for summer vacation postions, right?

ND

HSC
ND said:
Deutsche Bank, Global Markets, online assessment - anyone got any idea what this involves?

"This assessment will take you approximately one hour, and requires you to
complete two abilities based assessments focusing on your verbal and
numerical critical reasoning skills."

Guessing it's a IQ test type thing.
Holy crap the verbal reasoning test was screwed. The questions were extremely vague - I must have answered "Cannot Tell" (the possible answers were T, F or cannot tell) for over 60% of the questions. Deutsche really need to change that - i'm pretty sure i'm not gonna get through.

Example:

"Studies have indicated that many analysts' earnings forcasts are inaccurate."

Most analysts produce earnings forcasts that are inaccurate.

True
False
Cannot Say
How are you supposed to answer a question like that? They didn't define "many" and "most". I'd say approximately 50% were as vague as that.

Anyway, ABN AMRO offers are out.

edit: Actually the offers aren't out yet (as apparently the banks all have a deal to release their offers at the same time), but they've made it clear who they want.

Last edited:

ks21

HSC
Do they banks/firms tell us if our applications are rejected or should we now assume we have been unsuccessful?

ND

HSC
I think it's pretty safe to assume that if you haven't heard back by now, you've been unsuccessful.

Goldman, FICC, Final Round.

turtleface

HSC
How many people (grads) do these banks generally take on every year, Australia wide? (each?)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
ND said:
Holy crap the verbal reasoning test was screwed. The questions were extremely vague - I must have answered "Cannot Tell" (the possible answers were T, F or cannot tell) for over 60% of the questions. Deutsche really need to change that - i'm pretty sure i'm not gonna get through.

Example:

How are you supposed to answer a question like that? They didn't define "many" and "most". I'd say approximately 50% were as vague as that.
Yeah, I hate the questions like that. The AMP questions were very similar to that when I was going for a Graduate Position with them earlier in the year by memory. By the way, I would have put "False" for that question:).

ND said:
Anyway, ABN AMRO offers are out.

edit: Actually the offers aren't out yet (as apparently the banks all have a deal to release their offers at the same time), but they've made it clear who they want.
JPMorgan and Credit Suisse haven't released any offers yet though, right:)?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
turtleface said:
How many people (grads) do these banks generally take on every year, Australia wide? (each?)
It differs widely between firms and divisions within them. Some of them will actually specify their intake. I seem to recall Macquarie taking about eighty Australia wide into their Graduate program. I think Deutsche Bank had similar numbers:).

bakerb05

HSC
N/A
ND said:
I think it's pretty safe to assume that if you haven't heard back by now, you've been unsuccessful.

Goldman, FICC, Final Round.
Not necessarily, only received my Macq. (Funds Management) first round email Friday afternoon.

Can anyone offer any advice for interview? Is it technical at all, or primarily concerned with cultural fit/behavioural?

Cheers

ks21

HSC
bakerb05 said:
Not necessarily, only received my Macq. (Funds Management) first round email Friday afternoon.

Can anyone offer any advice for interview? Is it technical at all, or primarily concerned with cultural fit/behavioural?

Cheers
Yep, I got the same email from maq bank. They said they would call me next week to arrange a interview.

turtleface

HSC
SoCal said:
It differs widely between firms and divisions within them. Some of them will actually specify their intake. I seem to recall Macquarie taking about eighty Australia wide into their Graduate program. I think Deutsche Bank had similar numbers:).
oh ok, are they into the actual IBD? or the bank in general?

I recall I read a few months ago that macquarie has only 200 or so Investment bankers australia wide (ie. proper investment bankers, not just people who work in an ib)

ND

HSC
bakerb05 said:

Cheers
Ah ok - yeh i also think (or hope) that UBS Equities have not contacted people yet. Does anyone know otherwise?

If it's a HR interview (did you book it through their website?), then it's probably not technical - mostly behavioural and the usual "why mac", "why funds management".

ishq

brown?
HSC
GSJBW First Round have been finalised. They came for drinks Friday Night. Second Round interviews are this week

ND

HSC
Yeh it's weird that they had a drinks night for IB but not for FICC ...

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Ah ok - yeh i also think (or hope) that UBS Equities have not contacted people yet. Does anyone know otherwise?[
UBS have interviewed people already, like the other IBs.

ND, which group in FICC - Corp Risk Mgmt and Corp Fin?

Last edited:

ND

HSC
§eraphim said:
UBS have interviewed people already, like the other places.
Is it for Equities though? Cos i know they've been interviewing for IB. The reason i thought that maybe they hadn't started yet is because a friend was rejected from IB (pre-interview), and received an email letting him know - i've received nothing. Also, another friend applied for UBS Equities grad earlier this year, and was contacted a couple of weeks after the app deadline had passed, so i figured that they may do the same. (and also i felt that my application for UBS was very strong, and i'm pretty sure i got 100% in the online test, so i'm quite surprised i havent heard back)

I'm applying for structured & credit capital markets - did you apply for FICC too?

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
ND said:
Is it for Equities though? Cos i know they've been interviewing for IB. The reason i thought that maybe they hadn't started yet is because a friend was rejected from IB (pre-interview), and received an email letting him know - i've received nothing. Also, another friend applied for UBS Equities grad earlier this year, and was contacted a couple of weeks after the app deadline had passed, so i figured that they may do the same. (and also i felt that my application for UBS was very strong, and i'm pretty sure i got 100% in the online test, so i'm quite surprised i havent heard back)

I'm applying for structured & credit capital markets - did you apply for FICC too?
Equities.

Which other places (Actuarial or IB) did u get interviews from?

ND

HSC
§eraphim said:
Equities.

Which other places (Actuarial or IB) did u get interviews from?
Damn. I think i know the reason though.

Not going for actuarial.

I've interviewed/am interviewing at ABN AMRO (got an offer), Goldman (final round tomorrow), Mac (first round some time later this month, though i think i'm gonna withdraw cos their recruitment process is too late and don't want other offers to explode). Had an online test for Deutsche but the verbal assessment was screwed (see earlier in the thread) so i don't think i'm gonna get through.

I also applied at Citigroup and Credit Suisse, but i'm not surprised i didn't get interviews cos my apps were last minute and dodgy.

What about you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)