Has anyone heard from... (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
ND said:
Not going for actuarial.
Are you going to take the control cycle subjects next year? Part II and III must be pretty pointless given the direction you have taken.

ND

HSC
CrashOveride said:
Are you going to take the control cycle subjects next year? Part II and III must be pretty pointless given the direction you have taken.
Nah not taking them.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
ABN Amro's web-page seems to be saying that they will be accepting another round of applications to their Investment Banking Internship Program in "Second semester 2006 (Aug - Nov)". Does anyone know anything more about this? Is it for the Summer Vacation? If so I would like to apply considering I didn't apply for the "First semester 2007 (Mar - Jun)":).

ND

HSC
SoCal said:
ABN Amro's web-page seems to be saying that they will be accepting another round of applications to their Investment Banking Internship Program in "Second semester 2006 (Aug - Nov)". Does anyone know anything more about this? Is it for the Summer Vacation? If so I would like to apply considering I didn't apply for the "First semester 2007 (Mar - Jun)":).
They've already finished recruiting for all interns. They don't look at your preference until they give you an offer (i.e. they choose who they want, then look at when they want to work). Funnily enough, they are still getting new applications at a rate of about 10 a day (which aren't even looked at incase your were thinking of sending one through :) ).

Had GSJBW final round today, to anyone that may have theirs tomorrow: even though they said it was going to be a technical interview, i was not asked one technical question! Same old HR crap, and they're only taking 1 person into FICC. I didn't do well enough in the interview to get the offer i'm pretty sure.

ks21

HSC
UBS Recruitment Process:

* 10th & 14th August - Applicants selected for a first round interview will be called on Wednesday, 9 August, to schedule a first round interview. First round interviews will be held in our Sydney office or for interstate canidates, conducted over the telephone or via video-conference.
* 10th, 11th, 12th & 14th August - Psychometric testing. Testing is outsourced to an external provider, Chandler Macleod. We will forward your details to Chandler Macleod who will contact you to schedule a time for testing. The testing takes 3-4 hours and is held in the Chandler Macleod offices.
* 17th August - Applicants selected for final round interview will be called on Wednesday, 15 August. Final round interviews will be held on Thursday, 17 August in Sydney & pre-interview drinks will be held on Wednesday, 16 August, 6pm
8pm to provide an opportunity to meet bankers working in the Sydney office.

turtleface

HSC
velox said:
ANZ IB wanted a hd average =/
lol i guess they could afford be choosy when they only offer like 2 postions or something.

i came across the melbourne office of the ANZIB during my work experience (only got as far as the reception though). The corridor leading in was quite posh, but besides the receptionist, the whole place was as dead as a door nail

ND

HSC
ks21 said:
UBS Recruitment Process:

* 10th & 14th August - Applicants selected for a first round interview will be called on Wednesday, 9 August, to schedule a first round interview. First round interviews will be held in our Sydney office or for interstate canidates, conducted over the telephone or via video-conference.
* 10th, 11th, 12th & 14th August - Psychometric testing. Testing is outsourced to an external provider, Chandler Macleod. We will forward your details to Chandler Macleod who will contact you to schedule a time for testing. The testing takes 3-4 hours and is held in the Chandler Macleod offices.
* 17th August - Applicants selected for final round interview will be called on Wednesday, 15 August. Final round interviews will be held on Thursday, 17 August in Sydney & pre-interview drinks will be held on Wednesday, 16 August, 6pm
8pm to provide an opportunity to meet bankers working in the Sydney office.
Yeh i got the same.

Got a call from Goldman today - they want me to go back in tomorrow.

ND

HSC
Got a call today - psychometric test tomorrow.

Man i interviewed with 5 different ppl at Goldman today! Down to the final 2.

turtleface

HSC
congrats you got into the biggest IB (i think), good ol' GSJBW

ND

HSC
Thanks mate, Macquarie is bigger here in Aus though (not necessarily better though ;) ).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
ND said:
Got a call today - psychometric test tomorrow.

Man i interviewed with 5 different ppl at Goldman today! Down to the final 2.
So are you saying they only have one position? If that's the case, then it is no loss that I didn't apply because I would have had no chance anyway:p.

Congratulations on your offer though. You must be a gun:).

ks21

HSC
Does anyone know if Macquarie has any funds management internships on offer this year?

Also, does anyone know how many equity market group internships are on offer for macquarie bank and likewise for the risk management division?

Btw, congrats ND.

ishq

brown?
HSC
ND said:
They've already finished recruiting for all interns. They don't look at your preference until they give you an offer (i.e. they choose who they want, then look at when they want to work). Funnily enough, they are still getting new applications at a rate of about 10 a day (which aren't even looked at incase your were thinking of sending one through :) ).

Had GSJBW final round today, to anyone that may have theirs tomorrow: even though they said it was going to be a technical interview, i was not asked one technical question! Same old HR crap, and they're only taking 1 person into FICC. I didn't do well enough in the interview to get the offer i'm pretty sure.
Haha! Lack of technical questions was because none of the associates had any idea what the technical questions meant :) They had to shuffle through some training books :) HR came into IBD 15 minutes before the interview and said 'so who wants to take this one?'

It was hilarious, how everyone ducked under their desks simultaneously :)

ND

HSC
Thanks guys.

UBS (Equities Sales and Trading) and Deutsche (Global Markets) have contacted ppl for 1st round interviews now. (though i'm withdrawing from both)

SoCal said:
So are you saying they only have one position? If that's the case, then it is no loss that I didn't apply because I would have had no chance anyway:p.

Congratulations on your offer though. You must be a gun:).
Yep it was just the one for FICC.

Does anyone know if Macquarie has any funds management internships on offer this year?

Also, does anyone know how many equity market group internships are on offer for macquarie bank and likewise for the risk management division?
A friend applied for funds management and HR told him that they weren't taking any. Apparently they don't take many into EMG, and last year they took 4 or 5 into risk management.

Haha! Lack of technical questions was because none of the associates had any idea what the technical questions meant They had to shuffle through some training books HR came into IBD 15 minutes before the interview and said 'so who wants to take this one?'

It was hilarious, how everyone ducked under their desks simultaneously
You working at Goldmans? Didn't know they took 1st years (your sig says '05), nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)