has anyone received interview letters yet? (1 Viewer)

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
surely people would've been invited for interviews by now, there were some pretty rocking UMAT scores on here and i assumed people would be excitedly posting.
or is everyone too busy HSCing?

oh well, good luck with interviews & HSC everyone!

Season

HSC
Not many are out as of yet

I got one for Adelaide, I believe Newcastle are sending out invitations tomorrow... and monash are due to come out soon as well

BA22

MBBS II
HSC
yeh, i've got one for UNSW, and one for UNCLE

they're in jan though, because i'm an interstate applicant

kloudsurfer

HSC
Got an UNSW one.

The UNCLE ones for NSW are out today! Got one too!

Has anyone else got a Newcastle interview?

Season

HSC
Yeah and I have one for newcastle too :)

I'm glad I'm interstate though, from the interview times I've heard its right on top of exams, monash is apparently out next week and james cook too

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
Yeah, got an interview for Newcastle. Not going to bother with Med though, so probably only going to go there for the fun of seeing a different campus.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
You're taking the place of another who's keenly interested to study medicine.

I have a question, are you an Asian ?

HSC
that's bs. going to an interview without intending to do the course isn't the same as doing a course without intending to have the career. THAT would be taking someone's place.

if you don't rock up to the interview it's not like they'll interview someone else.

i'm going for an interview at monash, but i'm most likely going to do optom at melbourne. the interview itself is a good experience. the way i see it, if someone wanted my interview spot, they shoulda done better on umat.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
lovely_gangster said:
that's bs. going to an interview without intending to do the course isn't the same as doing a course without intending to have the career. THAT would be taking someone's place.

if you don't rock up to the interview it's not like they'll interview someone else.

i'm going for an interview at monash, but i'm most likely going to do optom at melbourne. the interview itself is a good experience. the way i see it, if someone wanted my interview spot, they shoulda done better on umat.
Shut up.
This isn't about you. This is about the clown above who stated they've no intention to study medicine, and that they're only interested in the university scenery.

So all who apply to MBBS at whatever university are offered an interview?
The selection committee interview a specific amount of applicants per place, so if you're accepted for an interview but have no interest in studying medicine, you're taking the opportunity away from other applicants who may have a genuine interest to study medicine.

Last edited:
HSC
Bacilli said:
Shut up.
This isn't about you. This is about the clown above who stated they've no intention to study medicine, and that they're only interested in the university scenery.

So all who apply to MBBS at whatever university are offered an interview?
The selection committee interview a specific amount of applicants per place, so if you're accepted for an interview but have no interest in studying medicine, you're taking the opportunity away from other applicants who may have a genuine interest to study medicine.
oh tyvm for informing me that this thread isn't about me, as i totes wouldn't have guessed otherwise!!!11!!1 now stfu!!! getting a decent score on the umat entitles people to attend an interview whether they're interested in the medical course or the frikken vending machines on campus.

if people aren't interested in doing med, that will clearly come across in the interview, so stop being so goddamn self-righteous.

Season

HSC
lovely_gangster said:
if people aren't interested in doing med, that will clearly come across in the interview, so stop being so goddamn self-righteous.
You've completely missed the point, at places like Newcastle getting a place is 100% interview, missing out on getting that interview because people are taking these opportunities when they clearly don't want them is unfair.

As for getting the high UMAT score, the UMAT scores, they're only used as a rank and they go down the list until all the spots are filled. Which is why the Newcastle UMAT cut off came down so much this year.

Just out of interest, what are you going to say in the interview when they say "why do you want to do medicine?"

millican

HSC
boy's got his newcastle med one... was under assumption all newcastle had for med..

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
vodkacrumble said:
i always wondered what they'd say if you said "well i'm really into, like, Grey's Anatomy and stuff", ha.
I don't think it will go down too well considering television shows such as Grey's Anatomy, and HOUSE M.D. share little relation with the actual occupation - these shows are entertaining, but glittered (ask a med student, doctor or nurse). What I find interesting is soon after one of these characters save a life, they celebrate with sex in the elevator? :p

They're amusing characters, but really, it would be an entirely different situation in real life
Gregory House though is one sour individual; he would blend right in with the staff at Nepean Hospital.

Last edited:

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
Bacilli said:
I don't think it will go down too well considering television shows such as Grey's Anatomy, and HOUSE M.D. share little relation with the actual occupation - these shows are entertaining, but glittered (ask a med student, doctor or nurse).
yes, i am aware what health care is really like - please note my signature...

Season

HSC
lovely_gangster said:
that i want to be just like this chica: http://www.philosophyblog.com.au/userimages/user1863_1163712280.jpg

what do you think my chances are??
you're like, totally like 100% in my friend, who would reject you??? :s

i mean like, you're so smart and all, so like will you look at my rehearsed answer to this question? I spent like 8979889 years like writing it, so like its be good

well like see my sister and i have like this competition on who is like going to be like richer. and i am original so i decided im going to get into med school marry the nerdiest guy.. then like.. you lknow like... drop out. ... i mean i want to help all the pathetic peoples... like rural/indigenous/old peoples, the ones who like too stupid, i'll like give em drugs. and ... yeah

you think i'll get in?

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
vodkacrumble said:
yes, i am aware what health care is really like - please note my signature...
Hahaha yeah I know. :D
What is wrong with this website? It takes me half an hour to connect to this site at times. It's really annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)