Has anyone recently done a Dr Du entrance exam in year 11? (1 Viewer)

hugerthyena

HSC
N/A
I am thinking of joining Du but thru can't tell me the topics in the entrance exam (fair enough), but I don't know if it will be fair as in ONLY year 11 topics that would've been covered in school already or if they will put in accelerated stuff and maybe even year 12 questions (which I suspect).
Does anyone know the general topics which will be in the exam? How hard did you find it?
I'm aiming for A1
Thanks for any help!

SplashJuice

HSC
Dr Du usually puts content like 1 year ahead of school content, so if you're in Year 11 right now then you'd probably be tested on Integration. I think you need like 60%+ to be in A1 class, maybe 70%+.

ultra908

HSC
At this point in the year i think they've just finished all of yr11 content so probs anything there

Canteen

HSC
One of my friends at school did the test. He received 87% and got into A2. He said that you need at least 90% for A1.

Topics included polynomials, combinatorics and physical applications of calculus. I don't think there was any integration from what he told me.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
What about if you're a dumb fk like me and get 0%? What will they do?

tito981

HSC
if anyone is seeking year 11 entry who is currently in year 11, you need a 70% to get into A1, It is calculus and polynomials, with half of each section being proofs and the other half being computations. The last question of each section is EXTREMELY hard so dont worry if you dont get it. iirc the last q was from a 4u trial q.

Last edited:

cute_su

HSC
N/A
One of my friends at school did the test. He received 87% and got into A2. He said that you need at least 90% for A1.

Topics included polynomials, combinatorics and physical applications of calculus. I don't think there was any integration from what he told me.
I wonder if it would be the same topics after a year, caz I am doing it tomorrow (panicking).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)