has anyone started their compositions? (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Uhoh :eek:!! ..... - you just had to look for walking hot cross buns outside the thingo today... except I wasn't there :rolleyes:

olay

HSC
you really do consist of many hot cross buns. do people get the urge to eat you? hehe how come u didn't end up going?! :( it would've been a sight to see. *imagines walking hot cross buns*.

chepas

HSC
Hehe - trouble is it attracts sea gulls and that means certain death - if i stray to far down the rocks to circular quay....

Didn't go = lazyness and procrastination coupled with mistaken idea that one needs wheelbarrow of funds to order something (if that is the ccase I am not sure..!?!?) - so maybe tomorrow methinks...

Does anyeone find that they have really good ideas for their compos when they are out somewhere and have no means of writing it down? I always am out of th farthest reach of a writing device and parchment to put it down, and of course I try to remember it but the human mind is fickle and it ends up lost forever - it's always the best ideas!!! How does everyone else put their sudden ideas like that down to remember? If it happens??

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
as sad as it sounds, i carry around my walkman which has a recording device on it and sing the idea into it. it jogs you memory.

whats with the hot cross buns deal?

olay

HSC
sorry to hear about the seagulls, sounds like a daunting experience! wheel barrows of funds? just borrow the stuf! library membership for a yr is something like $15.... i forget. i only get that whole ideas thing in the middle of nowhere for ext II eng.... but because they're more congruent [i suppose] ideas than music, its easy to remember.

Originally posted by ujuphleg
as sad as it sounds, i carry around my walkman which has a recording device on it and sing the idea into it. it jogs you memory.

whats with the hot cross buns deal?
hehe wow that walkman idea screams out dedication to me. as for the hot cross buns deal, check out chepas' avatar. :)

chepas

HSC
lol :p

Ditto for the dedication comment. It makes so much sense! Might steal this idea...

I had a marvellous epiphany when I finally made it to AMC today so I am happy - saw u ujuphleg :D - slight progress on the composition front.

thebearcub

Originally posted by olay
:D I HAVE THREE BARS NOW WOOT WOOT :D LOL *sigh* i started over like 3 times or sthg. O_O

O_O that can't be right, because well i'm doing performance as my elective, but i still have to submit a composition. everyone does! i'm talking about music II btw.
yeah, i agree..

after the core composition portfolios are marked as an assessment, the actual composition goes to the board around july/august :)

fun ^^

chepas

HSC
JULY/AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Mother of Pearl... 3 months!

Thank you for that! I thought it was like, late August/early Sept1!!

serenesorrow

Originally posted by olay
? isn't there a 2 min time limit?????? [or 3??]
Not for our internal one.

Although it was suggested I cut down on things if I was to enter that as a proper composition.

Bah to that, I said, and tripled the tempo.

thebearcub

Originally posted by chepas
JULY/AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Mother of Pearl... 3 months!

Thank you for that! I thought it was like, late August/early Sept1!!
oh wait... i think you're more right; i'm off by a month or so..

but better early than later right?

(sorry for misinforming you) :(

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
Mmm.. I dunno. I'm inclined to think ur right cos it seems like it'd be earlier... spose its better but uhoh nonetheless!... Vis art people at my school seem to be freaking about some end-of-term-2 deadline for a major something... so maybe its a prac/arts thing?

Anyway, I have completed one musical phrase today! Joyful joyful.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
hey guys

the official date for comps/musicology essays to the Board of Studies is: (drum roll please)

Monday the 6th of September

attached is the file which gives you this information -- the HSC event timetable

enjoy.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
September?
that's so soon, and i haven't done anything!
i've got a core performance, that's it
thanks for the important dates!
my teachers are wayyyyyy too slack and don't tell us anything :(

chepas

HSC
6 September!! Way better than I'd thought! May Zeus be praised. Many many thx!

Last edited:

olay

HSC
so guys......how far along are you all now???? 3 and a bit months to go!!! :O lol err........i've upgraded to 11 bars :p

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
i composed ONE musical phrase today -- so proud of myself. how sad...

apparently heaps of kids on the north shore (from all the posh expensive private schools) have already finished. eek! our teacher has been sent some of them to mark.

olay

HSC
o_o are you serious? get me to one of those schools, i think i need it. ergh, even more so for my ext II mw... atleast i feel comfortable with the comp. btw, congrats with ur one phrase... :) i did a bit more on mine today too....and tried putting it on sibelius and got really pissy at it. gosh i hate the program. >=/

chepas

HSC
You kidding? I LOVE Sibelius... best thing since sliced bread. Spose it takes some time getting used to how fast you can actually just type the notes in, and it gives me the shits on my home computer because it is soo sloooow, but on the school's computers its heavenly.

Re mine: I have just little epiphani every now and then, just ideas, which I just stuff my compo diary in because hey that's the internal assessment, but virtually nothing is composed! I haven't even started the core compo. And the diary is due next week... but teacher's away at camp so yay.

Re Nth Shore already finished: What the? I suppose the 1000s spent on education every year actually drives the teachers to push their students or the students themselves are just incredibly motivated.

Re ujuphleg's one phrase: Yay!!! Which compo is it for?

Good luck to all those who have a million other mw's to do - be it for Art, Drama or Eng Exts...! Dedication central, not to mention so much creativity needed!! I don't know how you do it :D

fingolfin101

Sibelius? How does that compare to Cubase? At my school we've got cubase.

I'm not all that familiar with midi's, but is there any way you can make midi's sound good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)