Have you cried yet? (1 Viewer)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I always said i would not be one of these ppl, who gets so worked up when they don't do as well as they want to in a exam and then they start crying or something.

I can't believe it but I did it today after i got my religion exam back I cried. So now I will no longer judge.

However now I have put into perspective that it was only 10% and i'm slightly better.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i thought i did reasonably well in english but i got a pretty crap mark...
i didn't cry at school but when i saw my boyfriend afterwards it all came out :(

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I have nothing to cry about, so...

I don't think crying is girly, but I think unwarranted crying is stupid (exams ain't the end of the world). Crying is a biological function designed to help the body/mind cope with some problems. When it really matters, holding it in is likely to be more psychologically detrimental than letting people knowing you are capable of excreting salt water from your eyes.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Its all good. Crying is an emotional outlet. You need to release that stuff.

Some people cry, some people prefer to punch stuff. I'm the latter.

monique66

hehe...i've cried several times, never in an exam and always at home by myself or to my mum...most of the time its not about marks though, its because i've had a shit day or came out of an exam with that feeling in my stomach...but once thats over i get back to work to kick ppls asses :)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Yeh I deffinelty agree, the process of crying just makes you feel so much better. It's like this release.

And for me crying necessarily wasn't about the mark because most ppl would be pretty overjoyed with the mark itself but it was just about not doing my best which to me is worse then failing any assessment exam.

Cab31

HSC
I never cried after an exam or after i got results from an exam back (though i did come close in the HSC when i saw the King Lear question - but anyone who answered it would totally understand :eek: - glad i never have to read that response again). I did well up with tears when i got a bio assessment back once though. We had been marked hard all year and i was seriously thinking that i was going to get like a band four (which i wouldnt have been happy with), and i put HEAPS of time into this assignment worth like 25%. They hadnt changed the assignment from last year, and seem as it was REALLY confusing, i followed the scaffold of my friend who got 45 out of 50 the year before. I looked at where she lost marks and worked particuarly hard in those sections. Theoretically i should have got 45+ but when i got it back i got 38. I was so annoyed because i knew that the marking was absolute bull. I mean if i had have got 43+ i still would have been annoyed but 38! Anyway i went and saw the teacher and asked what i had done wrong and he said that "I set it out wrong". Like what the...! i set it out the same as my friend's and she got 45.
I was so cut that i burst into tears at the injustice of it. I was embarrassed at how serious i took it. I just got out of there fast so no one saw me!

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
i thought i did reasonably well in english but i got a pretty crap mark...
i didn't cry at school but when i saw my boyfriend afterwards it all came out :(
That's what happens to me. I'd get back an exam, think about how crap I went, get over it, and as soon as a see my friends or something, I'd burst into tears. I hate having high expectations. Best thing to do = convince yourself AFTER the exam that you went crap. Then you wont feel as bad.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I cried today...just to see what it felt like.

And man, it is a god send. Almost as good as going 2 weeks without beating off.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
crying is a good outlet but if u indulge in it too much, its downright depressing....

HSC
ive been pissed off because of shit marks but nothing to cry over

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
shit marks dont make me cry. stress and being overwhelmed makes me bawl. its pathetic i know..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i did cry during year 12 when i was very scared of failing subjects and very stressed out

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Sarah168 said:
crying is a good outlet but if u indulge in it too much, its downright depressing....
I agree you just start drowning in ur own misery.

Crying is ok in moderation but people who show no emotion freak me out as well. There are some ppl i know i just couldnt imagine them crying let alone showing any emotion. It's like they are mute.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
a tonne of internal shit moments become an external crying moment...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Sweets said:
I agree you just start drowning in ur own misery.
i get it....

im lucky, one and all, i never cried because of the HSC or school. probably because i didnt give a shit. but there's always more than one way to achieve your goals, so failing the HSC isnt gonna end your life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)