• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Have you ever lied to your partner? (1 Viewer)

Lied to your partner?

• Tes

Votes: 35 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sure. but then again, not everyone agrees with me. there's a thread in NS made by katy-g who ended up following her boyfriend to catch him cheating and lots of people did not see what she did wrong.

EDIT: and don't get me wrong, i HATE cheaters (male or female). Yet, compromising someone's privacy, in my opinion, is horrible. There are better ways to go about finding out what's happening rather than following a person, checking their messages, etc.

Darkening

HSC
taminco said:
hypothetical:
your bf/gf has gone out and forgotten their phone.
it is sitting on the coffee table and you're watching tv.
it lights up with a new message.
what do you do?
leave it?
read it?
(what do you do when they get ome and you've read it?)

:confused:
Leave it alone :) Trust is good

Last edited:

katy-g

HSC
mine are normally little lies to avoid confrentation or to save my ass really.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Most of my lies are exaggerating events to make my day seem more interesting/make conversation.

Skeeta

HSC
withoutaface said:
Most of my lies are exaggerating events to make my day seem more interesting/make conversation.
i lie. and then i tell the truth about 5 milliseconds later

for example.

Me - Oh i had heaps of fun today i won lotto then bought a ferrari
Him - q243werfjsoijWTF!!oisw9fslkja
Me - ok i lied.. i went to mcdonalds

i am also a very shit liar
totally shit

i'm also pretty bad at telling the truth if i think people are going to think i am lying.

There is no way i would ever pass a lie detector test. Even if i was telling the truth :eek:

2vague

HSC
Serius said:
What a stupid question. Everyone lies, its in our nature. What i hate is how people think they have to be truthful with their partners are tell them everything. To me thats offloading, and causing emotional harm where it need not be caused....

Lieing is a way of keeping your own business to yourself and and not allowing people to find out things they dont necessarily need to know.
true... stuff like your own thots about other people is unnecessary as long as the thought isnt anything emotional. id probably rather my bf keep things from me as long as i never NEVER find out. we wud all be happier.

another thing, they dont believe me when i am telling the truth but they believe me easily when i lie. double U, Tea EFF???

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
brogan77 said:
When you're out in the field, under pressure, fighting for justice you have to know your partner has your back 100% of the time.

Good partnership's are built on trust, you have to KNOW that when you're under fire, your partner's gonna cover you.

You have to trust the other person to do their job. That's what being partners is all about. Sometimes, counting on someone else is the only way you win.
Wow man! so true!

Im soooo honest with my partner. Because only the strongest relationships are built on trust. So I dont lie to him. Unless its for something thats a surprise like "my computers broken, can you come and fix it" and Ive really just made a special dinner for us or something... if that counts as a lie then yes. Otherwise no.

BlackDragon

HSC
i'd say nearly everyone has lied to every single person they've met at one point. whether it be insignificant or not.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
White lies, yes. Such as
"I'm going to the loo, I'll see you back here in 5 mins" as opposed to "I'm going to go and buy that book you were just looking at for your chrissie present, I'll see you back here in 5 mins" :rolleyes:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I lie to my partner so much that our entire relationship is a complex web of lies and untruths, where neither of us knows anything factual about the other.

Saberblade

HSC
The only major lie I told was the price of my Girlfriends birthday present, I said it was under her cap of $45... it turned out to be around 95 dollars lol!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)