Haven't had a shift in about two months (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
OK I'm a 20 year old casual team member at a mexican fast food place which I won't name, but since I have been back at uni, I haven't received a single shift. My availability is still pretty flexible (Thursday nights, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays) but I'm guessing their sales have been declining and they won't be able to renew their lease come September, hence the cutting of shifts. Do you guys agree?

bio_nut

HSC
No, more likely you're too expensive now to work on weekends, they can pay teenagers to work the same shifts for much cheaper, you have the same availability basically as a high school student.

Beege

HSC
Hmm I guess, but I don't think they pay us more on weekends. Anyway I think I'm too expensive anyway, time to look elsewhere.

bio_nut

HSC
They have to pay older people more than 16 year olds, plus penalty rates on weekends. Otherwise you're getting mad ripped off.

CieL

HSC
Unless he's getting cash in hand that is =p

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I thought of that as I finally read the OP on the way down to see your reply :p

I was never a mod. I just used to post more than once every 6 months.

Beege

HSC
Lets see if I can crack three months.

P.S. Looking for new job in uni holidays.

William kamel

HSC
OK I'm a 20 year old casual team member at a mexican fast food place which I won't name, but since I have been back at uni, I haven't received a single shift. My availability is still pretty flexible (Thursday nights, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays) but I'm guessing their sales have been declining and they won't be able to renew their lease come September, hence the cutting of shifts. Do you guys agree?
Bro, u should take out the f in shift

audioxdoll

HSC
I had a friend at coles in a similar situation.
Didnt get shifts for over a month and then they expected her to do stocktake when they know she had commitments on that day. So she quit.
Dont take shit from people its a waste of your time.

Beege

HSC
Well I think my job there is officially over. Tried logging into the rostering website tonight and it won't let me on it. I'm guessing they have taken me off the system.

LOUSY LOUSY LOUSY.

izzy88

HSC
Well I think my job there is officially over. Tried logging into the rostering website tonight and it won't let me on it. I'm guessing they have taken me off the system.

LOUSY LOUSY LOUSY.
Did you try and call them up/see them at all during the two/three months that you weren't getting shifts to ask them why? or if you could get more shifts? they might have thought you weren't interested in working there anymore since you didn't follow up...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)