• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

haven't made a real start? join the club (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I have no first draft.
I have no completed outline.
I haven't figured out the structure.
all I have is a bunch of research that leads nowhere :mad1:

so I think we should make a club. for all the lazyasses out there, and for all those who are too embarassed to submit the pure crap they're churning out. because seriously, I am so stressed out and talking to my teacher / highly motivated peers / mentor (my mum) makes me feel even worse :|

Executive members:
Glycerine (president)
aLeeOh! (vice pres)
hotcocoababe (treasurer/assistant janitor)
jhakka (secretary)

Other cool members:
super katie
Josie
aud
Llyrai
cheeky_panda
Ziff
Red Lady
mayhemily
fuckfoot
Enlightened_one
Blackalicious
cleopatra
Sarz

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Imma joining, cause I'm sposed to have "script representing final product" (ie 20-30 pages of pretty final draft) by week 4 next term. Atm I've got some research on the topic, but not the medium, and my effort for my Viva Voce got a "scrap it and start again". Pft at having no time.

aud

HSC
I'm coming to join too... I still don't have a clear idea of what I'm proving, or even trying to research... *sigh*... I'll do it soon... maybe... :p

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
Oh yes, count me in. Im the same as you, glycerine. My teacher wants to see my journal (all 17 pages of it, LOL) and as much of my first draft as i've done (does 200 words count? hmmm didnt think so) and have an 'informal chat' with me BY THE END OF THIS WEEK. oh happy happy joy joy.

Im screwed :D !!!

Thomas_wow

just crap on to your teachers...

oh yes the best time to write is when you get home 3am on sunday moring and your half tipsy. the ideas come from nowhere and they are often quite good.

my teacher also told me that one student got a mark of 50 and he wrote an entertainment story, so dont stress about your story having a message or subtle criticism. write then work out what you are talking about, and dont set yourself boundaries otherwise your story will seem forced and cheesy... (well mine do when im given guidelines)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
im doing crit, not a story

Originally posted by hotcocoababe
Oh yes, count me in. Im the same as you, glycerine. My teacher wants to see my journal (all 17 pages of it, LOL) and as much of my first draft as i've done (does 200 words count? hmmm didnt think so) and have an 'informal chat' with me BY THE END OF THIS WEEK. oh happy happy joy joy.

Im screwed :D !!!
sounds EXACTLY like me! my 'draft' is abt 500 words on various bits of paper scattered around and horribly worded! and my journal consists of once a month saying "yeah ive researched heaps. not much in the way of process yet" and "fuck you english, fuck you"

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
SO what exactly are the requirements to join this club?
I notice 'real start' LOl...You see, i havent quite made A start, let alone a real one, so i really dont know.

Its funny hearing what my teach says. To the other student: You've done a great job! Im so eager to find out where this story goes, and the research youve done! Oh my ...yada yada yada...
Then she turns to me: ...Alan...I can see...some struggle... But i do see alot of ideas comming through....its...nice.

I feel so proud! After all, between all this work and exams, ive managed to fit in 5 days to start and complete my first draft. HurraH!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
the requirement is, you have to have done less than two thirds of your first draft. of course, to be an executive member, you must've done <1000 words

aud

HSC
Originally posted by aLeeOh!
hey aud! you never replied to me!
pah....
im like vice presidnet of this club
Hey, I'm sorry, I added you to my MSN list, cause I thought that'd be easier... you need to come online some time~! Well, if you're vice president, then I'm... the doorman :p Joking... I actually have a huge folder of stuff I did November - January, but then my journal sort of stopped... :D

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Last year, I'd written a few journal entries and perhaps 500 words...Of my first draft, which I was to ultimately re-write two more times before being remotely happy with it. :p

For most people, you'll be fine. :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Website: I have done nothing. I ambled through my viva voce in an incompetent and daft way.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Awww we all suck.
We need like, some kinda....help....thing.
I got my Viva Voce comming up, god im gonna stuff it up. Lets hope i can bribe my way through the hsc with my sexual appeal.

J

jhakka

Originally posted by glycerine
the requirement is, you have to have done less than two thirds of your first draft. of course, to be an executive member, you must've done <1000 words
I've done 530-something. I want in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)