• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HAY GUYS! The Unions are sick of small crowds (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
Food isn't at risk. Neither are clubs and societies. Those are the two biggest myths perpetuated by USU-advocates in an attempt to move the masses.

SAVE OUR STUDENT ORGANISATIONS!

edit: at usyd, cant speak for other unis

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
katie_tully said:
OMG but where is the social interaction if you're not eating the subsidised food at uni??!?!?!?!?!
You rightist bastard, you're effectively killing the lefties and their social interaction.

What's this? Buy. Groceries. Cook. Own. Food. Save. Shitloads?

Don't be silly, lad.
katie, youre not even at uni so shut the fuck up

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
She's right though, bringing my own food has saved me tons of money...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
spin spin , asquithian, walrusbear and thrushgirl or whatever seem to be reduced to "OMG U GO TO UWS" "OMG U DUN GO TO UNI" "OMG URE A FIRST YEAR".
You have to be a leftist with at least 3 years at either unsw/usyd to reply.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The reason you havent heard too much from MQ uni would probably be because our student body is one of the most corrupt out there, and have been taking our money anyway haha.

K

katie_tully

spin spin sugar said:
OMG OH NOES. rofl.

Since when did I need to go to university to comment on the fact that buying groceries and preparing your own food is cheaper in the long run than eating out constantly?
OMG, that's right! I didn't need to go to university to comment!!

Is that the best you have?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Given that you have not done so as a university student, katie (the context is quite different to that of a high school student in nsw), I believe that spin spin made a more than valid point. Feel free to continue commenting, though, because we all seem to talk when we really do not know what we are actually talking about :).

K

katie_tully

Generator said:
Given that you have not done so as a university student, katie (the context is quite different to that of a high school student in nsw), I believe that spin spin made a more than valid point. Feel free to continue commenting, though, because we all seem to talk when we really do not know what we are actually talking about :).
"Shut the fuck up", is a valid point?

We knew it was a matter of time before the I go to university, you dont people commented on the fact some of us are HS students, or first year students.
To that I say, I do not care. I understand fully about unions, and what the student union provides Sir Generator. Not once did I say it was in whole, worthless, but there are indeed things that it provides that are unnecessary. As somebody who will be going to university next year I feel I have every right to comment on something that will eventually affect me.

It's common sense. I can sit here and say that as a university student I would prefer to have that $600 extra, so that I can buy my own food or I will be able to pay for other expenses. Why should I be forced to pay for something I'm confident I won't use, when I'll be expected to pay for basic living expenses? Wy should I be expected to shell out quite a large sum of money purely because other people find it a worthwhile cause?
I already gave the example of my mother having to pay $600 a year as a part time, distance student at USYD. Why should she be paying to keep the USYD "DJ Competition" running? :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
It's $590 for a full-time first year student, and then it reverts to $490 for the following years, and given that your mum is a part-time student... Don't lie, because I do know how much she pays on an annual basis (meant to pay, anyway). There is a slight case for distant-ed students, but that isn't to say that the facilities and services are in no way useful and/or important to those in such a situation.

As for the reset of your post... See the other thread (something that you are currently replying to, I guess).

K

katie_tully

Generator said:
It's $590 for a full-time first year student, and then it reverts to $490 for the following years, and given that your mum is a part-time student... Don't lie, because I do know how much she pays on an annual basis (meant to pay, anyway). There is a slight case for distant-ed students, but that isn't to say that the facilities and services are in no way useful and/or important to those in such a situation.

As for the reset of your post... See the other thread (something that you are currently replying to, I guess).
I wasn't lying, dear. I wasn't totally sure of the full amount she pays, but I'm using her USYD library account so I'll check her email and see :) Either way, she's paying for something she definately doesn't use, and why should she?

stamos

sellout
HSC
because you proles should subsidise my future political career

man you're a bunch of selfish jerks

walrusbear

HSC
i gotta agree with generator

it's kind of irritating to uni students, tully, when you pipe in thinking you know shit without even having been to uni
when you say you're 'fully aware' i'm guessing you've read about everyone else bitching here and jumped on the bandwagon

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well i think it's sad when you start denying people the right to comment just because they don't have first-hand experience.
not really denying her the right to comment
more her tone suggesting that she is 'well in the know', despite having no first-hand experience, is irritating

K

katie_tully

walrusbear said:
i gotta agree with generator

it's kind of irritating to uni students, tully, when you pipe in thinking you know shit without even having been to uni
when you say you're 'fully aware' i'm guessing you've read about everyone else bitching here and jumped on the bandwagon
You're only saying this because I disagree with USU. If I happened to be on the USU bandwagon and not VSU you wouldn't be telling me my point of view is invalid. Fact is, next year this sort of thing will affect me, and I will be experiencing it first hand, which gives me every right to comment now :)

walrusbear

HSC
katie_tully said:
You're only saying this because I disagree with USU. If I happened to be on the USU bandwagon and not VSU you wouldn't be telling me my point of view is invalid. Fact is, next year this sort of thing will affect me, and I will be experiencing it first hand, which gives me every right to comment now :)
i disagree with your perspective of course
fact is, i think you'd offer a more valid opinion having experienced uni
maybe you'll change your mind when you go

K

katie_tully

walrusbear said:
i disagree with your perspective of course
fact is, i think you'd offer a more valid opinion having experienced uni
maybe you'll change your mind when you go
I doubt it. I'm one of those right wing evil people who are out to destroy lefties and everything they cherish. Why else would I be supporting VSU over USU?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
But you'd probably say having never been a part of a workers union my opinion isn't as valid on them either. These are usually the sort of arguments theists put up when atheists say they don't believe in god "LOL HAVE U READ THE BIBLE?!" "YOU DON'T KNOW! YOU HAVEN'T FOUND CHRIST!".

walrusbear

HSC
whatever morons you're the ones taking this to extremes

i merely pointed out that katie hasn't attended university before
maybe her opinion of unions would change if she went
when she expresses her opinion with such firmness when she hasn't been before it's just a little irritating is all

should i begin the lame stereotype attacks now?
some NTBs patented 'ROFL IM IMITATING YOUR VOICE IN TEXT' arguments
i remember he once criticised me for arguing without class :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)