Head/Observation Checks (1 Viewer)

ionlydochest

HSC
N/A
So to be clear: I DO NOT HAVE TO ONLY USE THE REAR WINDOW TO REVERSE, i can use mirrors because im more used to it but as long as i look at it before I start reversing and looking at it once during my manouvre, it is fine? (talking about reverse parallel parking here).

ALSO one more thing, For a hill start, is it just a normal start but you leave your parking brake on until you're halfway out of your parking spot? So you leave your hand on the parking brake? Cheers.

leehuan

HSC
So to be clear: I DO NOT HAVE TO ONLY USE THE REAR WINDOW TO REVERSE, i can use mirrors because im more used to it but as long as i look at it before I start reversing and looking at it once during my manouvre, it is fine? (talking about reverse parallel parking here).

ALSO one more thing, For a hill start, is it just a normal start but you leave your parking brake on until you're halfway out of your parking spot? So you leave your hand on the parking brake? Cheers.
This is just how I execute a hill start:

Hand break is up. Traffic lights go green. Press the accelerator. Once I know I'm going up, put that hand break back down ASAP. Drive.

Um, when it comes to reverse parallel I never exactly used the rear window. I used the window that the back left passenger used in conjunction with the left mirror.

D94

HSC
N/A

Any time you change direction including reversing, you need to check all your mirrors and rear window. You do not need to look at the rear window directly for the entire reverse.

Drsoccerball

HSC
dw mine's 2003 I know dem feelz

this week three of my close mates (in the same "crew") all got like newish cars, 2008 onwards

one got a brand new lancer lol

we are 17/18 dafuq
A girl in my school got a new mercedes 2015 model last year :L

ionlydochest

HSC
N/A
Sorry one more thing guys, do i have to indicate left on all roundabouts when leaving the roundabout or only for multi laned ones because it says online 'indicate when practical'. Thank you

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Indicate when practical literally means that. If the roundabout is tiny and you have to drive like a race driver with hands at quarter to three in order to indicate left, then it obviously isn't practical and is unnecessary.

So yeah, always indicate out of multi lane roundabouts and only do it for single laned ones that are quite large or where it is practical to indicate out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)