HELP Actuarial/ Economics enrolment (1 Viewer)

orangeball

HSC
N/A
the other three recommended:
ACCT1501 Accounting & Financial Management 1A
MATH1151 Maths- Actuarial & Finance 1A
ECON1101 Microeconomics 1

orangeball

HSC
N/A
does this count towards the b act/eco course? how do I check/ make sure? THX

HSC
Uni Grad
I suggest you enrol into FINS1613 by getting the course convenor to enroll manually for you. The reason why is that you do NOT want to take FINS1613 in 2nd semester because of a crappy lecturer who pretty much sets hard exams. Iirc the distinction+ rate in sem 1 is around 50%, whilst in sem. 2 its around 25% or lower. If you want an easier semester with a better mark, enrol in this semester.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
I suggest you enrol into FINS1613 by getting the course convenor to enroll manually for you. The reason why is that you do NOT want to take FINS1613 in 2nd semester because of a crappy lecturer who pretty much sets hard exams. Iirc the distinction+ rate in sem 1 is around 50%, whilst in sem. 2 its around 25% or lower. If you want an easier semester with a better mark, enrol in this semester.
This

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to have Diane Enahoro as my Microeconomics lecturer this semester, although I've heard that Alberto Motta is also good and is considered the "Pahor of Economics"

That being said, is Enahoro good?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to have Diane Enahoro as my Microeconomics lecturer this semester, although I've heard that Alberto Motta is also good and is considered the "Pahor of Economics"

No. She has made the content very boring and uninteresting.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Alberto Motta is so good he has a Facebook appreciation page

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
No. She has made the content very boring and uninteresting.
Oh really? :( I'll probably look at other alternative time but the one that is free is on a Monday 6-8pm with Motta. What about Gulay Avsar?

Alberto Motta is so good he has a Facebook appreciation page
I'll look at other times then, I want the best out of academics this semester (and at new south) unlike last year...

Ooh, my first review! Thanks for reminding me to write my review. ;)
Lecturer(s): Diane Enahoro --> 8.5/10. One of my favorite lecturers this semester, hands down! She cracks jokes, gets everyone involved, and actually draws graphs on the screen to help explain the content to us. The only downside is that she's a tad bit boring sometimes. I've fallen asleep in her lectures before, but that's usually because I was sleep-deprived that day. If you get enough sleep, you should find yourself wide awake throughout her lecture, because she's bloody brilliant.
This was a review from 2011 I believe who had previously done ECON1101.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh really? :( I'll probably look at other alternative time but the one that is free is on a Monday 6-8pm with Motta. What about Gulay Avsar?
Ms Gulay Avasar is definitely an excellent choice. I came to her after Alberto left last year and found that her lecture is.very easy for me to understand and she does.explain things very well. One thing I like about her is that, she always repeats the important stuffs and this really helps!
She pointed out that we should not.ignore.the appendix.of chapter 4 which may.come in the.exam, so I went revise for that concept and guess what.... it came to my quiz da day.after lol
And yes i came like second in my tut class for.that quiz lol coz everyone just ignored da appendix.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok i believe i saw that post.before.but HAHAHAHA it aint true man
Are you serious? I thought it was real this whole time.

Now I understand why my bro had to repeat ECON1101 in S1 '10 after failing it in S2 '09. I'll ask him anyways.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you serious? I thought it was real this whole time.

Now I understand why my bro had to repeat ECON1101 in S1 '10 after failing it in S2 '09. I'll ask him anyways.
I suggest doing ECON1101 in sem 1 since there are fewer prof available during sem 2 (of course fewer streams)

About Diane, yea i told u already she makes things extremely boring.... anyway I didnt benefit.from her :)
Another lecturer is da American lecturer called...like Scott French? He is a great guy with deep understanding! Alberto is just being very humorous.. not as academic as Scott (best for tutoring or COUNSELLING if possible)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)