HELP! Dropping subjects (1 Viewer)

Desert Dessert

HSC
Hi all,

Quick, yet very important question: is it still possible to drop subjects?

Yes, I realise that the HSC is only a term away, and it may seem kind of pointless, but I'm currently doing 12 (extremely time consuming) units, and if I keep them all, I'm not going to be able to do any of them well.

But is it too late???
I'm scared.
Could someone let me know please?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Desert Dessert said:
Hi all,

Quick, yet very important question: is it still possible to drop subjects?

Yes, I realise that the HSC is only a term away, and it may seem kind of pointless, but I'm currently doing 12 (extremely time consuming) units, and if I keep them all, I'm not going to be able to do any of them well.

But is it too late???
I'm scared.
Could someone let me know please?

I`m pretty sure they still let you ...
I think they still do even if it`s a week before your actual HSC , but check up on it - I think it varies by school though.

ellen.louise

HSC
You can still drop subjects, right up until the HSC, as long as you can get your forms submitted on time. Remember that confirmation paperwork we had to sign ages ago? yeah. Just check when that has to be in by with your school. Drop ASAP though.

munchybuddy

HSC
I suggest that if you r gettin stressed with 12 units then u should probably drop a subject. However, just make sure that all the subjects that you are left with are developed, because u can only get a UAI if u hav 10 developed units (thats if u wanna get a UAI). Also if u r havin trouble dropping a subject maybe choose the one that will contribute the least to getting betta marks, or the one that u r least good at.

it can definitely be done, u can drop subjects all the way up 2 the HSC... I droped one last term because i couldnt b bothered doing it:)

Desert Dessert

HSC
munchybuddy said:
Make sure that all the subjects that you are left with are developed, because u can only get a UAI if u hav 10 developed units
What exactly does that mean? What's a 'developed unit'?

I'm planning on dropping legal - it interests me the least, and it's the subject bringing me down the most. Well, that and maths. But I need maths to get into my uni course (well, it's suggested), so I guess I'm keeping it.

I'm planning on dropping it first day back. Only problem is, I have a legal assessment first thing that morning...heh. that'll be fun.

thank yooooooooou.... :D

amy236

HSC
Desert Dessert said:
What exactly does that mean? What's a 'developed unit'?
board developed courses - you have to have a certain amount of them to be eligible for a UAI - VET courses are not board developed i don't think.. but from the looks of your subjects mentioned earlier, you should be fine... :)

xxJTxx

HSC
Um, I know at some schools they don't let you drop if all your assessments have been completed (i.e. including trials) OR if they have already submitted the assessment mark for that subject (there is a standard date when this is done). I suggest that if you want to drop something, you drop it right after holidays :) I am personally dropping my extension maths unit, and i can only do this before trials, once trials start, we aren't allowed to drop.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Well, one guy in my year dropped outta chem just last term, so if my school allows it, there's a chance your school allows it too

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Without Wings said:
Yes it is still possible to drop a subject. When you go back to school have a chat with your subject co-ordinator about your situation. They will be able to advise you and explain to you the necessary process to drop the subject if this is what you decide to do. Make sure you chat to them about qualifying for a UAI etc to ensure this is all still fine if you plan to gain a UAI. Don't stress over it, you'll be fine :)
Pretty much what I would've said, only more coherently.

random1990

HSC
Yep, you'll be able to drop it!

But even if they don't let you, who cares? Just do no study at all for the subject your dropping. Pretend you don't even do it, don't go to the exam or anything. All that will mean is that it won't count, which is the same thing that will happen if you drop it...
But this isn't such a good idea, because then you get a mark of zero, and whoever is coming last in that subject at your school will get a crap overall mark because of it...

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
random1990 said:
Yep, you'll be able to drop it!

But even if they don't let you, who cares? Just do no study at all for the subject your dropping. Pretend you don't even do it, don't go to the exam or anything. All that will mean is that it won't count, which is the same thing that will happen if you drop it...
But this isn't such a good idea, because then you get a mark of zero, and whoever is coming last in that subject at your school will get a crap overall mark because of it...
Wouldn't you get a certificate of failure from the BOS if you don't attend the exam? And wouldn't that look bad on your HSC overall when you hand it in for employers to look at? o_O;

Desert Dessert

HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Wouldn't you get a certificate of failure from the BOS if you don't attend the exam? And wouldn't that look bad on your HSC overall when you hand it in for employers to look at? o_O;
Yeah, most probably. Which is why I think I'll just try dropping it... ;) Might look better in the long run, eh?

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Haha, yeah. I can so imagine the entire year, myself included, just skipping the reli exam if it weren't for that >.>

HSC
hahahaha hey you were in the year below me. sorry i didn't actually reply to this thread. :eek:

of course they let you drop subjects, people were still dropping them even after trials at shhs. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)