Help! Eco exam! I might get a state rank! (1 Viewer)

Did you guy also do more than 2 extendeds?

• Yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HomieGUnitbrah

HSC
....now you're just confusing me. I cannot tell if people are being serious over the internet. :(

Aaron6693

HSC
I really, REALLY hope you're a terrible troll and aren't actually this bloody retarded...

Same goes for asadass who mentioned it was "like English"

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Is this the same guy? lol..
Nope

Same goes for asadass who mentioned it was "like English"
Just trying to share around all the BoS knowledge...
Dw, you made the right decision. They only take your best 2/3 parts :)

I skipped the short answers and nailed the creative and short, so hopefully i can get 28/30 and they scale it up to 43/45. Most people do 3 parts just to be safe, so don't worry, you're fine!

HomieGUnitbrah

HSC
I don't think trying to get more marks by doing extra work is "retarded" as you nicely put it. I was able to do 2.5 pages for each and my writing is good as well. I fit like 5 words a line and small spaces

Aaron6693

HSC
Nope

Just trying to share around all the BoS knowledge...
Again, I hope you're just a troll and don't actually believe that coz its complete rubbish. Take that from someone who completed the HSC last year, and whose mother works for the Board of Studies

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Again, I hope you're just a troll and don't actually believe that coz its complete rubbish. Take that from someone who completed the HSC last year, and whose mother works for the Board of Studies
Mate, of course I don't believe it.

Btw, what's with your family's obsession with BoS and BOS?

Aaron6693

HSC
I don't think trying to get more marks by doing extra work is "retarded" as you nicely put it. I was able to do 2.5 pages for each and my writing is good as well. I fit like 5 words a line and small spaces
Absolutely not, doing extra work is great and the fact you could do all that is pretty impressive. But if you actually believe/need to THINK about whether its true that you'll get extra marks etc, then you are retarded.

Thats why I'm hoping you're just a bad troll

Aaron6693

HSC
Mate, of course I don't believe it.

Btw, what's with your family's obsession with BoS and BOS?
If you dont believe it, dont spread it around and maybe give false hope to other people who read it and are gullible enough to think its true.

And there is no obsession... I was sending out essays for English to help people if they needed it last week, coz I've got no use for them but others might find them helpful.

HomieGUnitbrah

HSC
Thank you! I was pretty suprised myself that I got it all out. Mind dump haha.
In all seriousness, If say I dont do too well in short answers and lose like 10 marks, they will at least give consideration to my extra extended responses!
So even if I dont get over 100. I think there is a very good chance I get more becuase I did 4.

Aaron6693

HSC
Thank you! I was pretty suprised myself that I got it all out. Mind dump haha.
In all seriousness, If say I dont do too well in short answers and lose like 10 marks, they will at least give consideration to my extra extended responses!
So even if I dont get over 100. I think there is a very good chance I get more becuase I did 4.
They wouldnt actually give consideration for that. MAYBE if you had the same marker for both sections and one of your short responses was shit, they'd be more lenient and give one extra mark then they normally would have but;

1) You usually have different markers for different sections of your paper

2) They wouldnt just be all "They did extra here, so lets give full marks for this section too". There would be in NO WAY some drastic change in your marks...all responses will be marked for what they're worth. If you deserve 2/5, you'll get that (or maybe 3 like in the scenario above), but they wouldnt give you 5/5 because you just happened to do great in another section.

Absolutely retarded to think that.

HomieGUnitbrah

HSC
Reasons why you won't get state rank:
1) Your rank is 67/80 which is no way near state ranking students
2) You're school probably isn't ranked in the top 5 (especially since you're not standing on a good internal rank)
3) You won't get anything higher than 100, as the markers will take your best 2 essays.

Thus, you have pretty much no chance to get a state rank. You won't get zero by the way -_-
just a quick question why do u say 67/80 wont give me a state rank? I heard you take the persons mark of what u come in externals? so if I come first then my rank doesnt matter since I get first?

keppryyy

HSC
nah dw cuz youll get eztra 20 marks dont listen to these guys^

Aaron6693

HSC
just a quick question why do u say 67/80 wont give me a state rank? I heard you take the persons mark of what u come in externals? so if I come first then my rank doesnt matter since I get first?
The logistics are a bit more complicated than that.

Just say your rank was 100/100, and all of a sudden you get 1st in the school cohort in externals, there's still no way in HELL you'd get state rank, especially since the fact your rank of 100/100 means you've done mega-shit in other assessments compared to everyone else.

HomieGUnitbrah

HSC
are you actually being serious cause my friends said alot of people are jokesters on the BoS so please do u have some evidence? ive been trying to google and search for proof im correct

Aaron6693

HSC
are you actually being serious cause my friends said alot of people are jokesters on the BoS so please do u have some evidence? ive been trying to google and search for proof im correct
Just trust what I'm saying...the other guy is a troll. If you think I'm a troll, I dont really care coz I know im not. I'm telling you the 100% truth. I could probably find "evidence" to back what Im saying up, but no, I dont have any and wont bother finding any since most of this stuff is common bloody sense.

I REALLY hope you're a troll (its kind of entertaining actually so im not fussed), but if you're serious then I'll happily believe you're a spastic.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
dude of course you can get over 100, you've proven it yourself.

Aaron is the real troll here

Rawf

HSC
Ima be straight up here...
They wont give a shit that you answered all 4 questions and they'll be like wtf (well I would be).
You will NOT be given more marks and wth you cant get over 100 that's crazy lmao.
lastly, I think it was a stupid idea if you actually attempted all 4, because given with the time constraints your analysis is probably very limited and you'll find it hard to get a 20/20

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
State Rank = Internals + Externals
For a position for like you at a school which doesn't seem to obviously be in the top and with such a rank standing at 67/80. It shows that you essentially are at the bottom end of the spectrum (13th to the last).
So, I will now just put aside your school rank and just assume you are at a top school. Don't also assume that just because your school isn't at the top you won't get a state rank, but assume that your internal rank would make huge difference for making you either capable or not capable to attain a state rank.
Now to the facts,
If you ideally get 100% in the test, as a raw mark and came first in the externals compared to everyone else for example. Then congrats you got the highest raw mark, but since your rank is appalling your internal marks wouldn't be as appealing as your externals. So, the first person ranked in your school would pretty much get their internal mark the same as yours, plus their external mark accounting for their final HSC mark. Unless, everyone in your school performs really bad expect you then it would give you the highest HSC final mark. But you have to take into account the people at other schools, because if they are ranked one and also get a really high mark then they would consequently take the state ranking positions. I might have some errors, feel free to argue but I believe I pointed out the main fact.

Aaron6693

HSC
Ima be straight up here...
They wont give a shit that you answered all 4 questions and they'll be like wtf (well I would be).
You will NOT be given more marks and wth you cant get over 100 that's crazy lmao.
lastly, I think it was a stupid idea if you actually attempted all 4, because given with the time constraints your analysis is probably very limited and you'll find it hard to get a 20/20
Someone with some sense... FINALLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)