Help for CAFS students. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey cafsers,
Saw a help thread in bio and thought it would be nice to do one for cafs. I got 96 in the HSC for cafs so if you guys need any help I'm more than happy to help you :) I really enjoyed cafs so I dont mind revisiting it haha.
So let me know if you need anything.
Good luck!!

Kat92

HSC
I am also quite happy to help out whenever I am online and have a spare moment. :) Good luck to all of you doing CAFS and I hope that you gain as much out of the subject as you can and enjoy the tasks. :)

Kat92

HSC
hi guys , im about to start my IRP , but dnt no how to format it..
any help would be greatly appreciated :)
It needs to be double spaced and follow the structuring of:
  • Title Page
  • Table of Contents
  • Acknowledgements
  • Abstract
  • Introduction
  • Literature Review
  • Methodologies
  • Results
  • Discussion
  • Conclusion
  • Bibliography
  • Appendix

Good luck with it. :)

jess2904

HSC
i'm in the middle of my irp at the moment,
i've currently set it out like this:

title page
contents
acknowledgements
glossary
introduction
chapter 1-8
bibliography

i still need to add more things though

what exactly is an abstract and a literary review and what do you write in them?

Kat92

HSC
i'm in the middle of my irp at the moment,
i've currently set it out like this:

title page
contents
acknowledgements
glossary
introduction
chapter 1-8
bibliography

i still need to add more things though

what exactly is an abstract and a literary review and what do you write in them?
Its hard to explain without an example. Regardless, I will endeavour to explain it as clearly as possible to you. An abstract is a summary/thesis that sets and ascertains what your paper will be about, it helps to give the responder a bit of an overview before the read the actual report on your topic. Whilst a literary review, is literature whereby someone has already conducted some research upon your topic and you analyse their findings to help support or disprove your hypothesis/thesis. Within the literary review make sure that you include important quotes, statistics, facts and figures.

I have just conducted a brief search to see if I could find you an example and you may wish to have a look at:

The Literature Review: A Few Tips On Conducting It

MyCollegeSuccessStory.com: How to Write an Abstract

Underneath the resources section of this site, there are some examples of past IRPs and how they structured these sections. Some are not the best in the World, but they give you a good idea on how to go about structuring yours. :)

jess2904

HSC
thanks heaps,
my topic is stay at home dads and the effect they have on the well being of the family

im confused, how do i include something about bias? :S

Kat92

HSC
thanks heaps,
my topic is stay at home dads and the effect they have on the well being of the family

im confused, how do i include something about bias? :S
Bias, is the effect that can occur when a researcher taints the results to suit a certain outcome. It also defines the nature/ particular way in which a person may act when a researcher is present. For your IRP if you were to conduct an observation of a stay at home dad and the effect that it has on the wellbeing of the family "bias" would definitely come into place due to your presence. There is no need for you to include this, but if you wanted to you could put a small section in your abstract or literature review with a quote to do with how bias impacts upon the way a person acts-- Note it is not interlinked with the two components of your IRP that you are trying to detail (Wellbeing and effect it has on stay at home dads.)

carmen_9693

HSC
OMG PLEASE HELP!!!
i'm doing wellbeing, so physical wellbeing! this is one of my paragraphs but i don't know what else to write!!!
Physical component of wellbeing relates to a person’s physical condition. This physical condition can include what you eat, the level exercise done a week/ day, or the disease or illness you have. Your physical wellbeing can impact on your overall wellbeing by disabling you from doing physical activities such as exercising therefore affecting your physical and emotional site of mind.
is it right??? i'm like totally stuck and this is dued on monday!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELP PLEASE!!!

Kat92

HSC
OMG PLEASE HELP!!!
i'm doing wellbeing, so physical wellbeing! this is one of my paragraphs but i don't know what else to write!!!
Physical component of wellbeing relates to a person’s physical condition. This physical condition can include what you eat, the level exercise done a week/ day, or the disease or illness you have. Your physical wellbeing can impact on your overall wellbeing by disabling you from doing physical activities such as exercising therefore affecting your physical and emotional site of mind.
is it right??? i'm like totally stuck and this is dued on monday!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELP PLEASE!!!
I think that it is quite good! :)

If you haven't already, I would include within your project an overall description of what wellbeing is and how it is multifaeceted and how it can help to achieve Maslow's self-actualisation step.

I have provided an example of how I would slightly improve on your information:

Physical wellbeing; is a term that is often used to describe a person’s physical condition. This physical condition can include factors such as what a person eats, the level exercise done over a week/ day, or the disease or illness that they may have. A person's physical wellbeing can impact on overall wellbeing by disabling them from doing physical activities. Hence, if a person is unable to complete physical activities, it may affect their physical and emotional state of mind. The extent to which a person is physically impaired can adversely affect their physical wellbeing/ state of mind in that the person may feel as though they are a burden upon their loved ones and society due to their situation.

For example, such groups that have difficulty in accessing resources due to their physical wellbeing within the community include; the elderly and the disabled.

The elderly have problems accessing certain resources due to; ................. / Also include ways that they overcome this.

The disabled are another group within our community that have problems due to their physical wellbeing when accessing resources due to;........................................... Also include ways that they overcome this.

Sorry, if you haven't yet covered some of this information within your class. All I have done, is used your information and expanded it out by providing relevant examples.

I don't know if you have heard of a structure called SEXE or not.

If you haven't let me explain:

S- Statement
E- Expand
X- Examples
E- Evaluation

This is the structure that I used to add more depth to your paragraph that you initially had.

Hope that helps. :D

Good luck I hope that you are able to get it all finalised before Monday! :)

Last edited:

JESS 2010 HSC

HSC
PLEASE HELP ASAP
My mid-year exam for CAFS is tomorrow. I'm completely stumped on what to actually study for. So far i have reviewed:
Groups in context (a broad overview of all of them)
My three of choice in depth (chronically ill, the aged and rural families)
A little about research methodologies
Is there anything im missing? Is there any helpful information you know of that could help me study for tomorrow?
Thankss so much!
:bomb:

Kat92

HSC
PLEASE HELP ASAP
My mid-year exam for CAFS is tomorrow. I'm completely stumped on what to actually study for. So far i have reviewed:
Groups in context (a broad overview of all of them)
My three of choice in depth (chronically ill, the aged and rural families)
A little about research methodologies
Is there anything im missing? Is there any helpful information you know of that could help me study for tomorrow?
Thankss so much!:bomb:
You should be quite fine with what you have reviewed. As I remember that my half yearly's contained groups within context how they contribute to society, their needs, methodolgies, information about wellbeing and that was about it. Depending on what topics that you have completed it would also be wise to have a brief read over your notes for those topics. :D

Good luck for tomorrow. :) I'm sure that you'll ace it! :angel:

josieyo

HSC
Could you explain this in other words and sorta help me how to answer this question pleaseeeee. I'm so lost right now :\

gays and lesbians
outline the need of the group and anlayse how community services and govt policies and regulations assist the group in meeting their needs

&

explain the factors that may influence the groups access to resources and propose strategies to improve their access to resources

Kat92

HSC
Could you explain this in other words and sorta help me how to answer this question pleaseeeee. I'm so lost right now :\

gays and lesbians
outline the need of the group and anlayse how community services and govt policies and regulations assist the group in meeting their needs

&

explain the factors that may influence the groups access to resources and propose strategies to improve their access to resources

Needs- what is it that they value and require to have a greater sense of wellbeing i.e. one example would be sense of identity. Community services- organisational bodies within the community that can help the group to achieve/meet their needs. Gov't policies- i.e. for the example I used earlier of sense of identity there are policies in place that allow the group to be protected from discrimination, etc.

Factors- Refer to page 34 of your CAFS syllabus (LINK:http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.a...community-family-studies-st6-syl-from2010.pdf) you will also find a list of needs. You just have to decide upon which ones are relevant to each group that you are writing about.

Propose- Put forward (for example a point of view, idea, argument, suggestion) for consideration or action. -- strategies--- what can be done to fix the problems that the group has when accessing resources.

Another good site to look at would be; A Glossary of Key Words (HSC) - Board of Studies NSW and HSC Online

Hope that helps you out and gives you somewhat of an idea on how to go about answering your questions.

Good luck with it! :)

Last edited:

i love to act

HSC
Needs: Access to Resources, Education, Employment, Health, Housing, Security and Safety, Self-Esteem, Sense of Identity.

Factors influencing access to resources: Age, Ethnicity, Disability, Location, Socioeconomic Status, Gender etc.

These will inevitably be, in some way or another, brought up in exams.
In conjunction, with gov. and community services etc etc.
Oh, and these relate to all groups studied (aged, rural families, disabled, chronically ill etc).

Oh, and earlier I saw people discussing the CAFS IRP. I recently received 25/25 for it, and all I can say is - Pick a topic you want to know about. Also, I suggest all you CAFS students to pick one that relates to you in some way or another. For example, if you're a swimmer, pick a topic in relation to this and the CAFS syllabus. Simple.
Furthermore, be optimistic! Try your best and do a bit of it each night.

If you want anymore help, you can email me anytime. I've entirely finished learning about Research Methodologies & Groups in Context, and I'm now studying Parenting and Caring, which I'm fairly familiar with.
All the Best.

Last edited:

Kat92

HSC
Needs: Access to Resources, Education, Employment, Health, Housing, Security and Safety, Self-Esteem, Sense of Identity.

Factors influencing access to resources: Age, Ethnicity, Disability, Location, Socioeconomic Status, Gender etc.

These will inevitably be, in some way or another, brought up in exams.
In conjunction, with gov. and community services etc etc.
Oh, and these relate to all groups studied (aged, rural families, disabled, chronically ill etc).

Oh, and earlier I saw people discussing the CAFS IRP. I recently received 25/25 for it, and all I can say is - Pick a topic you want to know about. Also, I suggest all you CAFS students to pick one that relates to you in some way or another. For example, if you're a swimmer, pick a topic in relation to this and the CAFS syllabus. Simple.
Furthermore, be optimistic! Try your best and do a bit of it each night.

If you want anymore help, you can email me anytime. I've entirely finished learning about Research Methodologies & Groups in Context, and I'm now studying Parenting and Caring, which I'm fairly familiar with.
All the Best.
So very true indeed. I certainly agree with you, as there is no point doing an IRP on a topic that you don't enjoy and a pessimistic view is a guaranteed cure to failure and to not try your best. To the OP definitely follow "@ i love to act's" advice as it is a way in which you will slowly improve with time, patience and practice.

PS> the items that she has mostly gratefully given you are the ones that have told you to have a look at upon your syllabus.

To the OP don't be disheartened keep on trying and success will will be your reward and you'll be able to reap the many associated benefits. I'm sure that you'll come to enjoy CAFS over time, as much as what I did.

Also, you may want to take a look at the forum upon this site for acronyms and the like to help you remember these key components. Or try to develop your own.

:angel: Good luck and best wishes with it all! :angel:

orange_shells

HSC
I'm slightly confused as to what to include in my introduction and acknowledgements. If anyone has any idea, help is appreciated. :)
The IRP kills me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)