Help I'm Sick (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
Yes at the most crucial time.

I've been very ill for the past few days and I'm really worried. I reckon I will be well enough to study tomorrow but I've missed out 3 days study.

I need some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Beege

HSC
I'm screwed if im not better by tomorrow, i need to study for english.

ZJ NingNing

HSC
if I was a doctor and could give you advices on how to get better, I wouldnt be posting on this site anymore.

but basically, you can go find stuff on how to prevent yourself from being in a bad condition right before the exams. there are loads on Chinese websites but i dont suppose this information will help most of the people visiting this site.

I looked for and translated some of the before exam tips for one of my friends who was freaking out a couple of days ago, I will just post what I can remember, its all pretty much common sense:

1. dont eat too much oily stuff, and make sure that you are not 100% full after meals, recommended: 80% full.

2. watch your fingers as you shut doors, windows etc, especially the hand you hold your pen with.

3. DONT HAVE ANY SLEEP DEBTS, cos you cant pay them back the night before the exams

4. avoid listening to music, especially new music, cos they wont help you concentrate

5. avoid anything too exciting before the exams, cos anti-climax will work against you making exams seem longer and harder to take.

cant remember anymore, hope that helped.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
First of all I hope you get better, I guess if you look on the bright side (if there is) better now then on the day of an exam.

Before you start getting back into the swing of things work out what needs to be done, what you want to complete, when by etc etc. If you can read through your notes or have someone else read them to you. Maybe do some practice exams to find out what areas you really need to study ASAP.

Best of luck. :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Jerruy said:
dont do the exam.

fill out a misadventure thing
It's too late for that isn't it?

All the applications closed.

Good luck Beege :D

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Eh no, it isn't I think your thinking EAS.

The Illness/misadventure forms is what you would fill out if you couldn't do the exam on the day for whatever reason - they can't exactly close them when the exams haven't even started yet. I think you just got confused. :)

sideshowtim

HSC
Just type notes out on your computer, don't have to memorise them or anything. And when you're better, read over the notes.

You may be sick, but surely you have enough strength in your fingers to type out some notes. Hell, you had enough strength to type out that post.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
pritnep said:
Eh no, it isn't I think your thinking EAS.

The Illness/misadventure forms is what you would fill out if you couldn't do the exam on the day for whatever reason - they can't exactly close them when the exams haven't even started yet. I think you just got confused. :)
Bargh! I hate my Year Advisor.

Edit: Thanx Pritnep, for clearing that up for me. :D

bolboli66

HSC
how sick do you really have to be to fill out one of those missadventure/ illness forms???
anyone got stories? :confused:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
bolboli66 said:
how sick do you really have to be to fill out one of those missadventure/ illness forms???
My friend's sister applied for misadventure during her HSC because her mum was really ill and she had to help around a fair bit. She got 5 extra points, but that's also because the Dr. exaggerated everything on the medical certificate. :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
tanjin said:
Bargh! I hate my Year Advisor.

Edit: Thanx Pritnep, for clearing that up for me. :D
Your welcome. :)

bolboli66 said:
I'm pretty sure a quick search of BOS (Boardofstudies) you would be able to either find the forms or the reasons you can have for using the/getting it.

I know in previous years car crash on the day, serious illness requiring hospitalisation on the day of the exam etc.

rockis4eva

HSC
hey i know how your feeling pretty sick myself but still working
just try you hardest to study
but first go to the doctor get yaself checked out and that find out what you can do to get better keep this visit filed and if your still sick on the day depending on how sick do it (as much as you can) then go and get a medical certificate if you think it screwed you up that much i heard one story where sum1 still did the exam and passed out halfway through so they had to get an estimate...
but if your not studying then your lazy sorry
good luck

Beege said:

I've been very ill for the past few days and I'm really worried. I reckon I will be well enough to study tomorrow but I've missed out 3 days study.

ashleypage

HSC
If you're too sick to do the exam you fill out an Illness and Misadventure Form and submit it to the Board of Studies.

If you still want to do the exam but are unwell, you talk to your school and the Presiding Officer of the exams and they will monitor you throughout the exam and submit a report of how you seemed during it, so I guess they would make allowances or whatever. You might also want to fill out a form for that as well.

Definitely call your school today to figure it out with them.

e.is.for.ruby

HSC
For my trials I got a doctor's certificate because I was sick the week before . My doc is a legend , she wrote on it that I was unable to study and wouldn't be to full potential till next friday (the friday exams finished) .

I didnt end up using it , but I mean it works . If a doctor says "they were sick" the BOS isnt gonna say "no you werent" .

Go to the doctor . Get one . Apply . the worst is that they wont consider it .

and to whoever said that this dudes lazy for not studying shove it up your ass I hope you get glandular fever the night before exams .

Beege

HSC
I just woke up and had a shower and I feel heaps refreshed except I still have chronic wind in my stomach. A decent night sleep tonight may make me go back to normal.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Beege said:
I just woke up and had a shower and I feel heaps refreshed except I still have chronic wind in my stomach. A decent night sleep tonight may make me go back to normal.
Yay for Beege!

Hope you get well soon :)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Beege said:

Stop faking it :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)