Help. Is 10 units better than 12? (1 Viewer)

Bobsh

HSC
N/A
Ok I tried this UAI Calculator & ATAR Calculator UAI calc, and It's been giving me retarded results..

I am currently studying
English Standard.
Business St.
Visual Arts
IPT
Ancient History
General Maths.

Thats a total of 12 units. When I use the calc and say I want a 90 uai and leave out having "general maths" the marks needed average 80-90 which is achievable.. But when I add general maths to the calculation and say if I got "83" as the mark my UAI count goes down 5 points?

So does this mean having 10 units is better than 12 as stuffing up in one subject brings your UAI count down.

Bobsh

HSC
N/A
Oh also, Im in year 11 now, just finishing yr 11.

samartarse

HSC
u have to watch out man
1. check with ur career advisor
2. i heard in ur uni certificate shows the performance of your yr 12 subjects as well, so that might not look good in uni

Schoey93

HSC
Ok I tried this UAI Calculator & ATAR Calculator UAI calc, and It's been giving me retarded results..

I am currently studying
English Standard.
Business St.
Visual Arts
IPT
Ancient History
General Maths.

Thats a total of 12 units. When I use the calc and say I want a 90 uai and leave out having "general maths" the marks needed average 80-90 which is achievable.. But when I add general maths to the calculation and say if I got "83" as the mark my UAI count goes down 5 points?

So does this mean having 10 units is better than 12 as stuffing up in one subject brings your UAI count down.
If you study 12 units and receive a poor mark in one subject, it won't bring you ATAR down if you do well in your other subjects. On the matter of whether 10 units or 12 units is better, it depends on your personal preference. I used to think having 10 units would be better because it gives you extra time to focus on all of your subjects, but now I can see that there are a few disadvantages in studying 10 units, too. If you like all your subjects, I think you should just keep all of them for Year 12 and then whatever doesn't count, doesn't count.

Last edited:

Paradox.101

HSC

I am currently studying
English Standard.
Business St.
Visual Arts
IPT
Ancient History
General Maths.

Is that ATAR calculator accurate or what?
Cause dayum, it's harsh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)