help jst skipped entire section of exam (2 Viewers)

Two Sections or Three Sections?

• Two

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • Three

Votes: 146 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poops

HSC
Re: So How Many Ppl Actually Attempted All THREE Sections and Not Just Their 'Best TW

fml.

medicore

HSC
Re: So How Many Ppl Actually Attempted All THREE Sections and Not Just Their 'Best TW

hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha, you guys are in year 12 and you don't know how the marking goes.. so in your trials did they only mark the top 2 sections you did?

d0nkeyk0ng

Banned
HSC
I'm sorry to hear about this news.

The best thing you can do about it is to forget about this exam and concentrate on the others.

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: So many people keep saying they only take your best 2 sections out of 3 for Engli

no LOL

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Re: So many people keep saying they only take your best 2 sections out of 3 for Engli

Don't be silly, all 3 modules count. It's just for paper 1 that only 2 sections are mandatory.

skyscraper

Goin Up
HSC

You know they also make the top 5 rankers for 2 unit religion priests?

Nah jks mate, its not true

2xL

HSC

Don't be silly, all 3 modules count. It's just for paper 1 that only 2 sections are mandatory.
LOL, another troll joins the boat.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC

You know they also make the top 5 rankers for 2 unit religion priests?

Nah jks mate, its not true
Fuck you mate, just spat a brotein shake all over my laptop because I was laughing so hard!

EDIT: Still can't stop laughing. I don't even know why, it wasn't THAT funny.

Last edited:

megaman64

HSC

I hope you are trolling

wildchild666

HSC

I don't understand how people, after 13 years or so of education still can't finish exams and after two hours, write 5 pages in total for all three sections which is equilivent to my section one. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN THOSE TWO HOURS!?!
But I guess everyone is different, I finished with three minutes to go.
HSC (Goals) 2012
Art - 70
Drama - 80
SORII - 80
Standard English - 70
Japanese Continuers - 75

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC

I hope you are trolling
I'm not. Personally, I did all 3 sections because I didn't find out about that till later, but very reliable people on here have told me you only need 2.

skyscraper

Goin Up
HSC

Fuck you mate, just spat a brotein shake all over my laptop because I was laughing so hard!

EDIT: Still can't stop laughing. I don't even know why, it wasn't THAT funny.
Dont wanna waste those Brotien shakes, bro.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

So many people are idiots.

HSC

So many people are idiots.
I couldn't agree more.. For anyone that actually reads the front of the paper, it clearly says that all 3 sections are worth 15 marks..

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

There is no truth whatsoever in that.

All sections of both english papers are marked and all count.

humbletaco

HSC
N/A
Then they'll count your extension mark. They take your best 2 units of english, and then your 8 best units - so if extension english is in those 8 then it will count. And all three sections of paper 1 count. My teacher is a senior marker and he never said anything about only 2 sections counting - and trust me, all my school cares about is the band sixes, if that was true they would have told us to just focus on two sections.
A bit off topic, but now I'm curious because I have 12 units and I'm basically writing off Legal Studies as I went poorly, so if my best 2 units of english get counted, if my Extension 1 marks is one of those, does that mean it doesn't count to the 8 and Legal Studies is then counted?

danniomc

HSC
A bit off topic, but now I'm curious because I have 12 units and I'm basically writing off Legal Studies as I went poorly, so if my best 2 units of english get counted, if my Extension 1 marks is one of those, does that mean it doesn't count to the 8 and Legal Studies is then counted?
No, not at all. The only ruling is that a minimum of two English units are counted, but all three can be counted if they are in your best ten when it's all scaled and aligned etc.

danniomc

HSC
No, not at all. The only ruling is that a minimum of two English units are counted, but all three can be counted if they are in your best ten when it's all scaled and aligned etc.

its_tricky

HSC
Then they'll count your extension mark. They take your best 2 units of english, and then your 8 best units - so if extension english is in those 8 then it will count. And all three sections of paper 1 count. My teacher is a senior marker and he never said anything about only 2 sections counting - and trust me, all my school cares about is the band sixes, if that was true they would have told us to just focus on two sections.
can someone explain how this works? do you mean they could split half your adv with 1 unit of ext?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There is no truth whatsoever in that.

All sections of both english papers are marked and all count.
Any anybody who deliberately tries to mislead another user of this website otherwise will receive an infraction for trolling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)