• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help.... maths suggestions plz (1 Viewer)

showman

HSC
ok, well i just finished my first assessment, i went crap 48/72 :mad: , its 23% of assessment mark!!!! pretty angry, i know it was all stupid stupid mistakes- i really know im capable but i always manage to flunk, yer i did look at the exam tips but where do you get these past papers in hand? yer sure i can get HSC papers but not for each topics...help....i bought this book called Maths topic by topic Exam question by J Compton, is this good?
Also another issue i need help with is...do we need to know every last detail of preliminary course...becuase as i do my work for HSC 2 unit my knowledge of preliminary course deteriates!!!.......im very worried of my MATHS HSC mark.... plz need help i know i can do it just need the right advice :(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Is that the phoenix past paper book? If you want to do paper questions on diff topics then pick the appropriate ones out of whole papers and do them.

showman

HSC
nah Excel...ne suggestions for the prelim. quesiton?

Last edited:

showman

HSC
thanks very much withoutaface for your time and effort to improve my education :cool: .... illl keep you updated on my progress....ta dude

FinalFantasy

HSC
think in maths dey can only use 20% of the preliminary stuff to put in HSC exam..
u are probably getting those "stupid mistakes" because you didn't do the stuff logically, or u didn't actually understand the topics.. u probably just remembered the method to do the questions and when u do certain questions in exam, u sometimes haven't done them appropriately, u lose marks and u think u made a "stupid mistake".

showman

HSC
withoutaface said:
I'd just suggest that you go to www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au and download past papers for the last few years, pick out questions on topics you've done, and then do them.
hey, this is showman, i asked for some help with mathamatics a while back and i took your advice.....and i just had maths assessment on intergration and Geo applic on differentiation and i got 33/36 top of class, second was 27 so i kind of killed it.....sooo happy, and i am greatly thankful for your help that allowed me to go so well.

Last edited:

FinalFantasy

HSC
wow, that's a nice and fast change..
from "48/72" to "33/36" so fast! Congratulations

showman

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
wow, that's a nice and fast change..
from "48/72" to "33/36" so fast! Congratulations
ahhhh sorry final fantasy, left you out.......thank you so much for the help!!!! lol

showman

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
o_O
(blah blah blah)
nah, seriously final fantasy, you did help alot with my learning process. Your notion of logics and not just learning methods but actually having an understanding of how it all works, which i took on board, was the main contributor to my success, so i give alot of my credit to you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)