Help Needed (1 Viewer)

doublel

HSC
So my trails are in few weeks and curious to how much effort i'm going to really have to put to improve my marks. If anyone will be willing to help estimate my atar, my marks are as
English Advanced 113/123
General Mathematics 57/193
Modern History 14/69
Economics 12/46
Legal Studies 17/52

My school rank was 221 last year. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

doublel

HSC
Thank you for the quick reply! If i were to say improve my English results in the upcoming trails, say above average and do considerably well in the HSC while maintaining my scores for the other subjects is it still possible to get above 80 atar?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Trials are worth a large chunk of your internal marks so it's a good opportunity to increase your rank in English considerably. With English putting in a lot of effort now will help considerably come HSC - i really regret not doing it myself. Dont neccesarily memorise essays but have possible paragraphs, points and quotes planned. Don't neglect your other subjects either, you want atleast keep your current ranks if not improve on them a bit (particularly with general). 80+ atar should be no problem if trials and your HSC go well.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, it is still possible to get above 80 ATAR, provided that you even JUST smash the HSC. But you may as well smash those trials too.

doublel

HSC
Thanks alot guys, this is been really reassuring after putting my raw marks into the ATAR calculater and getting less than 50. These were my Half yearly ranks which have improved after my last assessments which i don't have an exact rank for. Just another thing, what marks would be regarded as doing considerably well in the HSC?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Thanks alot guys, this is been really reassuring after putting my raw marks into the ATAR calculater and getting less than 50. These were my Half yearly ranks which have improved after my last assessments which i don't have an exact rank for. Just another thing, what marks would be regarded as doing considerably well in the HSC?
Putting raw marks into an ATAR calculator is the worst thing you can do lol! Raw marks are aligned so it will likely be quite a bit off. Talking from experience (my school was in around the 220s) at a school ranked around the same as yours forget trying to use previous years raw marks and cutoffs to estimate. The marking in the hsc is very different and the standard of marking between your subjects/teachers at the moment relative to the HSC will vary considerably.

In terms of doing considerably well in the HSC, getting low 80s in each subject would be what i am talking about which is very realistic. As for your trials, a few weeks is heaps of time to study or prepare - finish off your own notes or find some good ones over the weekend and coming week and make sure you know all your content, sort out english stuff etc. Try not to leave starting studying until the day/night before lol! But i guess i can't talk since that was me through all of school (including actual HSC =S)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)