Help please? (1 Viewer)

Noob1314

HSC
Okay so I'm only in Year 10 and I'm posting in the wrong forum but I need to in order to ask for advice. My subject selections ends this week and I have already picked my subjects but today I had a second thought,

I was planning to do Adv. Eng, Chem, Bio, Beginners Jap, 3u maths and 1 u psychology. I am planning to do these subjects in Year 12 as well but dropping psychology, but I want an ATAR of 99 and above. My career advisor says that my beginners japanese and biology wont get me that ATAR cus of low scaling, and I dont wanna drop Jap cus I already get tutored for it and already learnt half of the syllabus already, so itll be crazy for me to drop it and i like to do it for HSC anyways/

Therefore, I am dropping Psychology and picking up 3U english for Preliminary in order to make up the low scaling of bio and jap. So, here are a few questions:

1. How hard is 3u eng. compared to 2 eng?
2. I am planning to carry on all these subjects to year 12 too, but altogether its 12 units, so I was wondering if that would be too much for me wen im in year 12? Like, as in pressure and everything.
3. If I carry on these 12 units, do I still get free study periods? My school time table is designed for 12 units in year 11, dunno about year 12 so can some one please explain how i would get study periods in year 12? do i have to go to class earlier or something?...

I know its 2 years away, but im worried that i might not be able to handle the stress doing 3u english. i got 85% for half yearly, but since i just transferred to a new school this year, i cant really compare my grade to the previous ones. But before, I usually get B's for half yearlies, and A's for yearlies. My tutor says that i can handle the texts cus i can understand it, its just that i have problem with mixing my tenses and expressions, so i was wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to improve them as well please?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU HELP ME.

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
The easiest way by far is to get good at maths real fast.

For >99 you are going to have to get relatively high marks in bio/jap. Go play with a uai calculator like einstein/sam and look for the scaled marks you need for all your subbies.

Then go look at the boardofstudies site and check how many people actually get top band for those subjects. Performance Band Descriptors - 2009 HSC - Board of Studies NSW

3u english is really a whole new pool of fish. The standards are a lot higher; I wouldn't do it unless you are pretty much sure to get a band 6 in advanced (which is easier said than done). Even if you do take it up, you can always drop it later if you're not coping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)