Help please (1 Viewer)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Hi,

I have a few q's...

1) what are the prerequisites for dual degrees at sydney uni???? like chem or bio?
2) which is the best dual degree? economics/ med or adv science/med or med science/ med or music/med or arts/med or commerce/med???
3) do they consider your umat %? or is it just get 99.95 and then you are accepted??

thanks

astroman

HSC
i think...

1) idk
2) i would presume adv sci/med if you wanna be a doctor of some sought.
3) 99.95 direct, less then <99.95, you need umat

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
i think...

1) idk
thanks! but do you happen to know anything about arts/med degree?

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Friend of mine doing comm/med at usyd. Can confirm. State ranked eco though and loves accounting. Normally, people do science

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Um why are you asking which is the best dual degree if you're doing med anyway? Do what YOU like.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Personally, I'd do music or arts with med. It would be really hard for me to choose because I like both.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Hi,

I have a few q's...

1) what are the prerequisites for dual degrees at sydney uni???? like chem or bio?
2) which is the best dual degree? economics/ med or adv science/med or med science/ med or music/med or arts/med or commerce/med???
3) do they consider your umat %? or is it just get 99.95 and then you are accepted??

thanks
1) depends on the degree
2) subjective
3) depends on the course

OP; let me introduce you to Google, aka, the electronic cat database: https://www.google.com.au/

bangladesh

HSC
i think...

1) idk
*99.95 you're in, less than 99.95 you're not in even if you get 1251205012%ile umat.

Medman

HSC
1. Do what you like. But if you want to get a head start do physiology, anatomy etc.
2. You should really do what you like. There is no best degree. If you want to prep yourself for medicine it will be some sort of science.
3. 99.95+ or GTFO. I am not sure but arts/music might be slightly lower.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
1. Do what you like. But if you want to get a head start do physiology, anatomy etc.
2. You should really do what you like. There is no best degree. If you want to prep yourself for medicine it will be some sort of science.
3. 99.95+ or GTFO. I am not sure but arts/music might be slightly lower.
so do they only look at 99.95 not anything else? so if one is the most unsociable person and does no extra activities like music or sport will they get in??

medstud

HSC
so do they only look at 99.95 not anything else? so if one is the most unsociable person and does no extra activities like music or sport will they get in??
I believe there is an interview if you get 99.95, but from what I gather it's quite hard to fail. For music/med, there's an audition and interview, but the atar requirement is lower - 99.65 (?) I think. USyd does not look at umat.

Medman

HSC
Depends on other factors more so than extracurricular. They don't look at extracurricular as heavily as UNSW or UWS.

On a side note you need to learn how to message people properly and show common courtesy. Given you are young I will let it slide but if that's the representation you give in an interview you will probably fail.

meggles_

HSC
It's 99.5 for music/med + practical audition to get into the Con's music program

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)